Best PS5 Games Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5)
$89.99
52 min ago
Demon's Souls (PS5)
$69.88
2 hrs ago
Marvel's Spider-Man (PS5)
$49.88

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$69.97

Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5)
$69.88

Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)
$59.88

Fortnite: The Last Laugh Bundle (PS5)
$29.88

Destruction AllStars (PS5)
$69.88

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5)
$59.88

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$99.99
1 day ago
Far Cry 6 (PS5)
$59.96

Far Cry 6 (PS5)
$109.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 11-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #501
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Looks a bit rough compared to PC footage, as expected. Saw some frame drops on the Xbox One X version too, doesn’t bode well for the launch PS4/X1 performance. Seems to hold a steady 30FPS in the Series X though, so should bode well for PS5 version too. I’ll be interested to see how close they get graphics and performance to the PC version when the actual upgrade for next gen console versions hits next year.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:17 PM   #502

Sep 2016
London

I have to remind myself it's still basically a current gen game, and it looks that way after looking at the likes of Demon's Souls, however, the true next gen upgrade is coming, and it will be monumental no doubt.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:17 PM   #503
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

The PS5 should lock to native 4K/30fps given it will be the PS4 version and not the true next gen version. Bear in mind this is NOT showing next gen consoles as they would visually look as a result and even though framerates may stay at 30fps. The graphics should impress on next gen when that eventually releases.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:21 PM   #504
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Yeah I wish we had a date for the next gen upgrade. If it’s out by spring I’d lean toward waiting. If longer than that I’d likely just play next month and replay the next gen version. Assuming at least one of my PS5/XSX orders comes through as I at least want the boosted BC version since the XSX version was definitely running better.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #505
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Yeah I wish we had a date for the next gen upgrade. If itís out by spring Iíd lean toward waiting. If longer than that Iíd likely just play next month and replay the next gen version. Assuming at least one of my PS5/XSX orders comes through as I at least want the boosted BC version since the XSX version was definitely running better.
You'll be looking at close to 12 months
Old 11-18-2020, 06:01 AM   #506
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincanws View Post
I have to remind myself it's still basically a current gen game, and it looks that way after looking at the likes of Demon's Souls, however, the true next gen upgrade is coming, and it will be monumental no doubt.
That doesnít mean CDPR canít release a Digital upgrade to boost Resolution or FPS on PS5 near launch.

That would help pass the time until a full upgrade is available.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:01 AM   #507
Special Member

Jul 2018
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
That doesnít mean CDPR canít release a Digital upgrade to boost Resolution or FPS on PS5 near launch.

That would help pass the time until a full upgrade is available.
Also Doesn't Stop the game from looking overtly fantastic on current gen anyway.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:26 AM   #508
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierTheaterPotato View Post
Also Doesn't Stop the game from looking overtly fantastic on current gen anyway.
I watched that Xbox One X comparison with Series X.

The Xbox One X looks good. Series X didnít look much better. YouTube compression didnít help.

Either way Iím still looking forward to the game.
Thanks given by:
XavierTheaterPotato (11-18-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 02:43 AM   #509
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Retail copies are out there

Thanks given by:
Derb (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 04:01 AM   #510
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

PS5 Upgrade Available

I guess thatís Sonyís version of smart delivery. The description makes it sound like you can download the digital upgrade on your PS5 right away.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:13 AM   #511
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

After the assassins Creed and watch dogs nonsense not letting you upgrade for free I'm not in a hurry to buy any PS4 games and expect it to upgrade for free
Old 11-22-2020, 05:06 AM   #512
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
PS5 Upgrade Available

I guess thatís Sonyís version of smart delivery. The description makes it sound like you can download the digital upgrade on your PS5 right away.
Exactly. A decent amount of people are going to be pretty confused when there's no PS5 upgrade to download. That or they will think what they have installed is the PS5 version since most people will have no idea it's not coming out for a while.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:09 AM   #513
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
After the assassins Creed and watch dogs nonsense not letting you upgrade for free I'm not in a hurry to buy any PS4 games and expect it to upgrade for free
Is that only impacting the UK or something? I upgraded my disc Valhalla and digital Legion with no issues.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:16 AM   #514
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincanws View Post
Cyberpunk already looks next gen IMO, so I'm expecting the differences to be so subtle it takes a magnifying glass to see. Raytracing being the biggest difference aside from frame rate maybe, and resolution. Otherwise, I'd be happy to be wrong about Cyberpunk's PS5 version not being an amazing difference from the PS4 version visually.

For performance, yes, the loading and frame rate will be stronger for the PS5 version.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:58 AM   #515
Special Member

Jul 2018
Wisconsin

Personally not Worried about a PS4 to PS5 upgrade as in I'm not on the format playing these.

Nice box art with a Slipcover, games don't have it often but it's always cool when they do
Old 11-22-2020, 06:45 AM   #516
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Utah
Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
The PS5 should lock to native 4K/30fps given it will be the PS4 version and not the true next gen version. Bear in mind this is NOT showing next gen consoles as they would visually look as a result and even though framerates may stay at 30fps. The graphics should impress on next gen when that eventually releases.
I myself am incredibly excited to play Cyberpunk 2077, but the notion that PS5/X Series X will play it at "native" 4K just won't be the case. It'll most likely be 1440p w/dynamic 4K just like Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Here's the official PC specs for Cyberpunk 2077 to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. (and Ray Tracing specs were included to the right of the table)

I mean it is entirely possible that it'll be native 4K but all the settings that would mirror PC will be dialed to "low" with no anti aliasing, Ray tracing, minimal shadow detail, etc etc.

I'd much rather have 1440p dynamic 4K with better textures, better character models, smooth 30fps, and other bells & whistles that wouldn't be possible if they tried to go the 4K route.

It'll be next year before we know this though... The "Official" PS5/X Series X version won't launch until 2021 (hopefully) and then we'll have to wait for Digital Foundry to measure the game properly.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see Cyberpunk 2077 in native 4K.
I'm just not seeing it happening without it looking miserable from a modeling/texture standpoint.
Thanks given by:
Vincanws (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 07:28 AM   #517

Aug 2017
Belgium

Would have been An insane launch game for the PS5, pity it had to come out on PS4 although I'm glad for those who Will play it on PS4. Me, I feel I must experience it the best way possible so Will eagerly wait the NextGen update. Probably when I buy the PS5.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:37 AM   #518
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
Exactly. A decent amount of people are going to be pretty confused when there's no PS5 upgrade to download. That or they will think what they have installed is the PS5 version since most people will have no idea it's not coming out for a while.
Well I have my PS5 set to always install PS4 games to external. I actually have not even tried a PS4 game on PS5’s internal yet.

I already have the game pre-ordered digitally. So I’ll wait n see where they put the game when it starts to download. I currently have 379GB free space on my PS5 Internal.

If the game gets put on external, I don’t know of any benefit I’d get if I were to transfer the game to the internal.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:57 AM   #519
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa85 View Post
Is that only impacting the UK or something? I upgraded my disc Valhalla and digital Legion with no issues.
From what I can find on other forums it is the UK, but even then it is only some owners which is absolutely infuriating because I can't see a fix coming for it. The only option right now is to create a Turkish PSN account to access the free download, but then you cannot delete the Turkish account from your PS5 and if there was ever a fix for the UK version you might not be able to access it because you already used your free upgrade on the Turkish one.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:19 AM   #520
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector FX View Post
I myself am incredibly excited to play Cyberpunk 2077, but the notion that PS5/X Series X will play it at "native" 4K just won't be the case. It'll most likely be 1440p w/dynamic 4K just like Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Here's the official PC specs for Cyberpunk 2077 to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. (and Ray Tracing specs were included to the right of the table)

I mean it is entirely possible that it'll be native 4K but all the settings that would mirror PC will be dialed to "low" with no anti aliasing, Ray tracing, minimal shadow detail, etc etc.

I'd much rather have 1440p dynamic 4K with better textures, better character models, smooth 30fps, and other bells & whistles that wouldn't be possible if they tried to go the 4K route.

It'll be next year before we know this though... The "Official" PS5/X Series X version won't launch until 2021 (hopefully) and then we'll have to wait for Digital Foundry to measure the game properly.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see Cyberpunk 2077 in native 4K.
I'm just not seeing it happening without it looking miserable from a modeling/texture standpoint.
I mean, i did clarify in the sentence you partially quoted that i was talking about the current gen version running with a BC patch so if it is dynamic up to 4K/30fps, the PS5/Series X should have a much easier go to lock those versions to 30fps. However for a full on next gen upgrade, your analysis is probably the most likely with RT features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
From what I can find on other forums it is the UK, but even then it is only some owners which is absolutely infuriating because I can't see a fix coming for it. The only option right now is to create a Turkish PSN account to access the free download, but then you cannot delete the Turkish account from your PS5 and if there was ever a fix for the UK version you might not be able to access it because you already used your free upgrade on the Turkish one.
Maybe contact Ubisoft and ask for a replacement disk? Some companies do this as a replacement problem if it becomes widespread enough or reported.
Thanks given by:
The Collector FX (11-22-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5