Best Anime Deals

Cyber Monday Deals are Now Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Ghost in the Shell 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Black Lagoon: Complete Collection Season 1 and 2 + Roberta's Blood Trail OVA (Blu-ray)
$31.49

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Princess Tutu: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
8 hrs ago
Serial Experiments Lain: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Record of Lodoss War: OVA & Chronicles of the Heroic Knight (Blu-ray)
$18.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 5 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 2 - Stardust Crusaders (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 1 - Phantom Blood & Battle Tendency Arcs (Blu-ray)
$34.99

InuYasha The Final Act: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Mirai (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 09-22-2020, 10:01 PM   #581

May 2020
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
PS3 Slim (or even that garbage called Super Slim) and a US Plug Adapter will do the job to watch Region B/2 media.

Btw, Anime Limited releases are better than Manga Entertainment (they're usually just taken from FUNimation/Madman as is ó which is not a problem, but it's not somewhat unique).
Interesting. I do have a PS3 Slim as my blu-ray player.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #582
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

Quote:
Btw, Anime Limited releases are better than Manga Entertainment (they're usually just taken from FUNimation/Madman as is — which is not a problem, but it's not somewhat unique).
You do realise that most Anime Limited releases are the same discs from FUNi and Madman, right?
Old 09-22-2020, 10:56 PM   #583

May 2020
Canada

From what I understand, Manga's Stand Alone Complex release isn't the **** up that the NA release happens to be. I have my eyes on that one.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:32 PM   #584
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Just saw on Twitter that Madman will be releasing their complete boxset, too.

AU$349.95 (£193.98 / $249.58)

No question, Manga Entertainment's CE is by far the best one of the English Super releases.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #585

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Quote:
PS3 Slim (or even that garbage called Super Slim) and a US Plug Adapter will do the job to watch Region B/2 media.

Btw, Anime Limited releases are better than Manga Entertainment (they're usually just taken from FUNimation/Madman as is — which is not a problem, but it's not somewhat unique).
PS3 has universal power inputs or whatever the more technical term might be.

Basically what I mean is you can plug any PS3 into any power supply around the world and it should work. I have both US and JAP Launch Models and they both plug in and work just fine without adapters here in the UK.

[Show spoiler]Also if you softmod your PS3 i.e Jailbreak it you can change the Blu Ray region via the menu.
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (09-30-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #586

Dec 2008

Does anyone know if the new Manga UK Complete box is Region B locked? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that it wasn’t but this review I just watched on YouTube says it was, can anyone confirm before I buy?
Old 11-21-2020, 05:22 PM   #587

May 2017
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDevil View Post
Does anyone know if the new Manga UK Complete box is Region B locked? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that it wasnít but this review I just watched on YouTube says it was, can anyone confirm before I buy?
The YouTube review you mentioned is most likely correct since they actually own it, but I'm waiting to receive the set myself, so once it arrives I'll be able to confirm whether or not it is locked (unless someone else here gets it first)
Thanks given by:
different (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 07:12 PM   #588
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

If you’re talking about AnimeAjay’s review, I helped him out by giving him a website thing where you post some part of your BDMV and it determines region locking. (I also showed him what bitrate viewer is, and that’s why he put a lot of emphasis on it in his review)
Thanks given by:
BlackDevil (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 07:55 PM   #589

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDevil View Post
Does anyone know if the new Manga UK Complete box is Region B locked? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that it wasn’t but this review I just watched on YouTube says it was, can anyone confirm before I buy?
For what it's worth, Funimation titles that are released by Manga Entertainment are re-authored to be region B only, and it's been that way for quite a while now. US/AUS gets A/B Discs, UK discs are only Region B, most likely because our releases are so damn cheap whilst they try to find a sustainable price point.
Thanks given by:
BlackDevil (11-21-2020), sagadego (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 09:36 PM   #590

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
If youíre talking about AnimeAjayís review, I helped him out by giving him a website thing where you post some part of your BDMV and it determines region locking. (I also showed him what bitrate viewer is, and thatís why he put a lot of emphasis on it in his review)
Yes thatís the one! You donít say, small world, and nice work helping him out itís a great review. I thought that segment felt pretty familiar, wondered if he was a frequent viewer of the anime video quality thread here.

Shame about it being B locked, I must have got Manga and Madman confused in terms of region coding. Iíll still keep the box anyway for the box and extras, I had like half of the Funi discs, and the artwork on the discs is the same so I can see if I can find the rest on sale. Not the worst thing in the world.
Thanks given by:
professorwho (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 12:41 AM   #591

Nov 2018

I'm surprised one for North America hasn't been announced yet.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:55 AM   #592
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2014

I don't even need a complete series set. Sets with 25-50 episodes should be fine.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:38 AM   #593

May 2017
Durham, NC

On the contrary, I'd be surprised if Funimation put the effort in for a complete series box. I expect at some point they might do 2-part collections like they eventually do with most other series, but I think the most we can hope for in terms of a complete set is an Amazon-exclusive slipbox with all the individual parts inside.
Thanks given by:
shadowdrive (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 04:56 AM   #594
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013

Why does it seem like other countries always get these complete collection sets whereas North America rarely gets them? And if we do it takes years.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:04 AM   #595
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

FUNimation likes to be weird with Dragon Ball. See: Them still refusing to repackage the Green, Orange, and Blue bricks in DVD cases which take up less shelf space for retailers. They also have yet to do bigger sets for Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z beyond retailer exclusives, and those are just giving the bricks a big slipbox.
Thanks given by:
Footlong Shoe (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #596

May 2017
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
They also have yet to do bigger sets for Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z beyond retailer exclusives, and those are just giving the bricks a big slipbox.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the FYE slipboxes for the bricks. I was only thinking of the Amazon slipbox for the Blu-rays
Old 11-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #597
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
FUNimation likes to be weird with Dragon Ball. See: Them still refusing to repackage the Green, Orange, and Blue bricks in DVD cases which take up less shelf space for retailers. They also have yet to do bigger sets for Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z beyond retailer exclusives, and those are just giving the bricks a big slipbox.
FUNimation did release the Standard DBZ Blu-rays in U.K. which look pretty sweet. Well, by name it's Manga Entertainment, but under the hood it's FUNimation.

Who knows what's taking them so long. Maybe they just don't want U.S. customers to have access to the same packaged release as U.K.

Time for FUNi to discontinue the Orange Bricks and just maybe, they could downscale the 30A release to DVD so there's still a DVD version for those who want it.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:16 AM   #598
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

They're not going to discontinue the Orange Bricks, they've sold quite literally millions of those things, and they continue to fly off the shelves to this very day. They should look into repackaging them so like say Walmart can fit more stock on the shelf at one time.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:49 AM   #599
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Just bought the BD of the Super Broly film, hope I enjoy it. Would buy the BD box sets of Super but it's too expensive for my tastes.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:24 PM   #600
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Just bought the BD of the Super Broly film, hope I enjoy it. Would buy the BD box sets of Super but it's too expensive for my tastes.
Super Broly is great. I'm not the biggest DB fan and I loved Broly.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (11-27-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime