Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
8 hrs ago
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
11 hrs ago
The Spy Who Dumped Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
7 hrs ago
The Greatest Showman 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
10 hrs ago
John Wick 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Deepwater Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
Lucy 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.93
 
Oblivion 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
The Equalizer 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
8 hrs ago
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
The Great Wall 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #321
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
1521
4
5
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
How can you do that? I can't even remember much score music. Much less hum it. I could never get into score music though. Give me lyrics, give me instruments (electric guitar, bass, drums) and give me singers any day of the week. I didn't even like the score to Man on the Moon and that was done by R.E.M.
I've just got a few scores lol

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ltb2.0 (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 10:23 PM   #322
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Special Member
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
does it matter?
1429
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I just came here to say that. You can also hear the rejected score online. There have been bootlegs floating around for well over a decade, possibly two.

Randy Newman - Presidential Rescue - YouTube
I think I hear a bit of Toy Story in there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #323
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Special Member
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
does it matter?
1429
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I've just got a few scores lol

[Show spoiler]
Film scores are my favorite, I have a few of them myself. had to stash them in CD books though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:29 PM   #324
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
1521
4
5
10
Default

I mean it's not that I don't like music, with all them newfangled singers, lyrics and whatnot, I've got another standing rack of non-movie albums. But there's something about movie music that really speaks to me, I've had Justin Hurwitz' score for First Man on a loop these last few weeks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #325
Sky_Captain Sky_Captain is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Sky_Captain's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1374
1
2
Default

It was film music that got me into music.

I remember buying the T2 score on vinyl from the Virgin Megastore, (never was a place more aptly named), when I was 13, my friends were like 'WTF is this shit?!' I treasured the cassette I had of Robocop's OST.

Have to give credit to Tarantino and the Reservoir Dogs OST too. That opened so many doors to me.

I get that most people don't even notice the score, it's like audio wallpaper, but a good score can be the difference from me liking a movie, to loving it.

Last edited by Sky_Captain; 11-14-2018 at 10:40 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (11-14-2018), guachi (11-15-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 10:42 PM   #326
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Special Member
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
does it matter?
1429
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I mean it's not that I don't like music, with all them newfangled singers, lyrics and whatnot, I've got another standing rack of non-movie albums. But there's something about movie music that really speaks to me, I've had Justin Hurwitz' score for First Man on a loop these last few weeks.
To me movie music is far more moving and powerful than any other from of modern music. But I still love me some 80's and 90's pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
It was film music that got me into music.

I remember buying the T2 score on vinyl from the Virgin Megastore, (never was a place more aptly named), when I was 13, my friends were like 'WTF is this shit?!' I treasured the cassette I had of Robocop's OST.

Have to give credit to Tarantino and the Reservoir Dogs OST too. That opened so many doors to me.

I get that most people don't even notice the score, it's like audio wallpaper, but a good score can be the difference from me liking a movie, to loving it.
Ditto, movie music was what got me into music as well. My first soundtrack was the 2 disc edition of Superman: The Movie from Rhino Records.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (11-14-2018), Sky_Captain (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #327
Markgway Markgway is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I just came here to say that. You can also hear the rejected score online. There have been bootlegs floating around for well over a decade, possibly two.

Randy Newman - Presidential Rescue - YouTube
That's even worse.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:06 PM   #328
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
1521
4
5
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
It was film music that got me into music.

I remember buying the T2 score on vinyl from the Virgin Megastore, (never was a place more aptly named), when I was 13, my friends were like 'WTF is this shit?!' I treasured the cassette I had of Robocop's OST.

Have to give credit to Tarantino and the Reservoir Dogs OST too. That opened so many doors to me.

I get that most people don't even notice the score, it's like audio wallpaper, but a good score can be the difference from me liking a movie, to loving it.
Not just that, a good score can make a mediocre film way more enjoyable than it should be.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fat Phil (11-14-2018), ltb2.0 (11-14-2018), Sky_Captain (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 11:12 PM   #329
Sky_Captain Sky_Captain is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Sky_Captain's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1374
1
2
Default

Funnily enough, that's how I look at a lot of the mid to late nineties movies that Jerry Goldsmith scored.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Beautiful HD (11-14-2018), Geoff D (11-14-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 12:16 AM   #330
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Special Member
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
does it matter?
1429
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Not just that, a good score can make a mediocre film way more enjoyable than it should be.
Scores are very important. It's just a shame that they don't get more recognition outside of the fans
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:37 AM   #331
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
1521
4
5
10
Default

Well, given the state of movie scores today I'm not surprised that most people treat them as disposably as the movies themselves tend to be.

[edit] I've been humming First Contact's title music so much that I now have gots to listen to it! And I'll watch AFO in the next few days to get my fix of that one too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #332
TheSweetieMan TheSweetieMan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
TheSweetieMan's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
234
Default

I love how Sony puts so much effort even into their 'mundane' catalog releases like this one.

This film just became watchable for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #333
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Special Member
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
does it matter?
1429
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Well, given the state of movie scores today I'm not surprised that most people treat them as disposably as the movies themselves tend to be.

[edit] I've been humming First Contact's title music so much that I now have gots to listen to it! And I'll watch AFO in the next few days to get my fix of that one too.
First Contact is possibly one of the best themes of alltime. Instantly recognizable and easy to remember as well.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:39 AM.