Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Beatles: Get Back (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Night Gallery: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$79.99
13 hrs ago
Charmed: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$139.99
1 day ago
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Killing Eve: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Seventh and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$24.95
22 hrs ago
The Boys: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99

RoboCop: The Series (Blu-ray)
$36.99

George Carlin Commemorative Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.80

Yellowstone: The First Four Seasons (Blu-ray)
$74.96

The Umbrella Academy: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$27.99
21 hrs ago
Nana: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 01-28-2022, 09:14 PM   #1681
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudBaxter View Post
but the brief glimpse we had of The Night of a Thousand Tears was absolutely AWESOME. I'd happily watch an episode or three of just that
Someone earlier commented Star Wars went full Terminator with that sequence. I heartily agree with the nuclear mushroom clouds, the KX-series and Probe Droids hunting and slaughtering survivors...very James Cameron there with the imagery.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:20 PM   #1682
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2014
Denmark

Did anyone else catch references to all six of George Lucas' SW films in this episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaGodzilla View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting his hands on a bigger ship eventually, and stores the N-1 aboard it. Then he'd have a proper replacement for the Razor Crest, and the fighter would still have its uses for certain situations.
I doubt it.

The writers and director didn't put so much emphasis on showing us how his new star fighter was assembled and its maiden voyage, just to have it play second fiddle in The Mandalorian proper.

To add, I doubt it's a coincidence that its astromech droid hold has been converted to hold something else... I can easily picture his bounty or Grogu peeking out of that glass dome.

I prefer this replacement over just another Razor Crest; what would be the point of that? To add, as others have mentioned, a new Mando ship model means new merchandise they can sell you.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:24 PM   #1683
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2014
Glasgow

I don’t think anyone expected Star Wars to mix Dances a With Wolves, Lawrence Of Arabia, A Man Called Horse AND The Doors like it has with Boba Fett’s wilderness years in flashback. I think that diversification and widening of the palette has gone relatively unacknowledged amidst people’s feelings of disorientation regarding Fett’s characterisation.
Thanks given by:
DrWally (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 10:17 PM   #1684
Power Member

Apr 2020
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWally View Post
Look forward and outward, not inward and backward.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:05 AM   #1685
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Someone earlier commented Star Wars went full Terminator with that sequence. I heartily agree with the nuclear mushroom clouds, the KX-series and Probe Droids hunting and slaughtering survivors...very James Cameron there with the imagery.
I agree. And that may not be just a coincidence since this episode was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard who happened to star in a Terminator film (Terminator Salvation).

Old 01-29-2022, 02:00 AM   #1686

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
I agree. And that may not be just a coincidence since this episode was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard who happened to star in a Terminator film (Terminator Salvation).

I guessing that Terminator like sequence was CGI.

How involved would be in putting it together? I know in a movie a lot of directors would would sit in on the process to explain what they want and see it as it progresses but would that be the same case here?

I think it might just be a coincidence that Howard happened to be in a Terminator movie herself. The sequence was certainly inspired by the first two films but there was nothing like that in Salvation.

Or maybe the you are right, and when she signed in as director it set in the motion the chain of thought that lead an ILM boffin to have the idea.

We might find out if there is a Gallery series for this show.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:25 AM   #1687
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMan85 View Post
I think it might just be a coincidence that Howard happened to be in a Terminator movie herself. The sequence was certainly inspired by the first two films but there was nothing like that in Salvation.
I wasn't trying to imply that she did it simply because she was in a Terminator film and just wanted give a nod to that particular film, but more that she is obviously a fan of the Terminator franchise, having chosen to star in one, and she probably drew some inspiration from James Cameron's vision to apply to Star Wars, which she is also obviously a fan of. She was also in one of my favorite episodes of Black Mirror, so the lady appears to have some love and respect for the science fiction genre. Would really love to see more from her as a director.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:28 AM   #1688
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martoto View Post
I don’t think anyone expected Star Wars to mix Dances a With Wolves, Lawrence Of Arabia, A Man Called Horse AND The Doors like it has with Boba Fett’s wilderness years in flashback. I think that diversification and widening of the palette has gone relatively unacknowledged amidst people’s feelings of disorientation regarding Fett’s characterisation.
Already mentioned Lawrence, chum! https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...e#post19729120

I think diversification and widening are fine but they still need compelling storytelling to package all that stuff and I don't think TBOBF has done that all the way successfully. I'll be straight up honest here, if I didn't watch the remainder of this season then I wouldn't be sorry, I just don't give a shit about Boba.

Last edited by Geoff D; 01-29-2022 at 02:34 AM.
Thanks given by:
Gamma_Winstead (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 03:00 AM   #1689
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Already mentioned Lawrence, chum! https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...e#post19729120

I think diversification and widening are fine but they still need compelling storytelling to package all that stuff and I don't think TBOBF has done that all the way successfully. I'll be straight up honest here, if I didn't watch the remainder of this season then I wouldn't be sorry, I just don't give a shit about Boba.
I'm just here for Din at this point.
Old 01-29-2022, 03:16 AM   #1690

Aug 2021

Quote:
I wasn't trying to imply that she did it simply because she was in a Terminator film and just wanted give a nod to that particular film, but more that she is obviously a fan of the Terminator franchise, having chosen to star in one, and she probably drew some inspiration from James Cameron's vision to apply to Star Wars, which she is also obviously a fan of. She was also in one of my favorite episodes of Black Mirror, so the lady appears to have some love and respect for the science fiction genre. Would really love to see more from her as a director.
I wasnít saying you implied anything.

Just suggesting that might have been a coincidence or that when she signed on to to the episode it lead the VFX guys or even Favereau to think Terminator. Or like you said, her idea.

I donít know how she feels about sci-fi in general but pretty sure in the Gallery series she talked a about loving Star Wars in particular.

I must re-watch that series - want to know how she got involved in the first place. Great actress but the skill at directing is something I would never have guessed.

Hope she does more Star Wars series and would love a movie too but to be honest after these few episode I would watch ANYTHING she directs.

An old friend mine was a production assistant on a movie Howard was in years ago. She had a lot of interaction with Howard and Iím just remembering she told me afterward that she was one of the nicest people she had ever met. Annoying me though that I canít remember what movie.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:15 AM   #1691
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2014
Glasgow

Quote:

I never said nobody mentioned Lawrence. I just said these things have gone relatively unacknowledged.

I won’t argue with anyone who’s says they are just more interested in Mandalorian. But from what I can see it’s just a popularity contest. Chpt 5 told us things we already knew. Showed us things we’ve already seen. And then gave us a car fixing interlude. Which we’ve already seen at least once in Mandalorian.

The entire episode was basically there to remind us that Din is still pining for Baby Yoda. And people are just inherently more receptive to that familiar cuteness than they are to being told they don’t understand Boba Fett as well as they presumed they did.

Last edited by Martoto; 01-29-2022 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-29-2022, 08:17 AM   #1692
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWally View Post
Nah, that whole fad is as embarrassing as Tiger King at this point. His tat is cluttering up supermarket bargain bins now.
When it comes to long standing sci-fi franchises bargain bin doesn’t necessarily equate to embarrassing fad. In Grogu’s case all it will take is even just one further appearance wearing some new robes and other new gear reflecting his Jedi training with Luke for new lines of merchandise to appear and attract additional commercial interest (though naturally, nothing quite like the initial wave of interest).

Last edited by Josep5349; 01-29-2022 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:31 AM   #1693
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2014
Denmark

Quote:
Favreau hasn't really managed to make us care that much on whether Boba Fett manages to establish himself on Tatooine or not. We are nowhere as invested in this storyline, as we were in Din's mission to return Grogu to his own people - a mission that fundamentally changed Din himself and his belief system along the journey.

Quote:
I wasn't trying to imply that she did it simply because she was in a Terminator film and just wanted give a nod to that particular film, but more that she is obviously a fan of the Terminator franchise, having chosen to star in one, and she probably drew some inspiration from James Cameron's vision to apply to Star Wars, which she is also obviously a fan of.
If I had to guess, Bryce played no part in inserting Terminator evoking imagery in that flashback CGI sequence. I think it's all Faverau, Filoni or/and the CGI artists and they did it, as in in-joke for the episode that they knew Bryce would direct.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:35 AM   #1694
Expert Member

Aug 2021

Was it established what planet was featured at the beginning of this week’s episode. It reminded me of Cato Nemoidia.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:39 AM   #1695
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfXtacy View Post
Was it established what planet was featured at the beginning of this weekís episode. It reminded me of Cato Nemoidia.
It wasnít a planet, it was a station.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:39 AM   #1696

Aug 2021

Quote:
Was it established what planet was featured at the beginning of this week’s episode. It reminded me of Cato Nemoidia.
It is called Glavis. I was told it is named in the audio description track.

I think it is a artificial planet or a space staion.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:40 AM   #1697
Expert Member

Aug 2021

It reminded me of the bridge cities of Cato Nemoidia.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:41 AM   #1698

Aug 2021

Quote:
It reminded me of the bridge cities of Cato Nemoidia.
Is that from games ?

I donít remember seeing Cato Nemoidia in Clone Wars.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:58 AM   #1699
Expert Member

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMan85 View Post
Is that from games ?

I donít remember seeing Cato Nemoidia in Clone Wars.
It was in Episode III.
Thanks given by:
FilmMan85 (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 11:05 AM   #1700

Aug 2021

Quote:
It was in Episode III.
During Order 66 I assume. I will have to keep an eye out next time. I must have thought it was a different planet or forgot to look it up.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows