Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
14 hrs ago
Dune 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.30

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.99
14 hrs ago
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

In the Heart of the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.01

Godzilla vs. Kong 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.10

IMAX: Dream Big: Engineering Our World 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.40
9 min ago
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.30

Bait 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 01-28-2022, 11:38 AM   #101
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdx47 View Post
As good as the HDR version is, this film looks spectacular in 3D. It's arguable whether the 3D is as strong as something like Ragnarok or even Captain Marvel. But it doesn't matter because it is strong enough, especially when combined with perfectly framed moments for 3D.
Honestly I can't remember much about the 3D for Ragnarok or Captain Marvel. I enjoyed them, I know it was better than HDR, but otherwise it didn't leave a mark, but ASM2 was one that instantly wowed me
Old 01-28-2022, 11:40 AM   #102
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
Honestly I can't remember much about the 3D for Ragnarok or Captain Marvel, but ASM2 was one that instantly wowed me
Captain Marvel has great 3D in many places throughout the movie, just like ASM2. But Ragnarok just has great 3D from start to finish. You would have to be a serious 3D conversion hater to dislike the 3D in any of these films, but for Ragnarok you might have to create a new reality

Last edited by cdx47; 01-28-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Thanks given by:
ckyllr (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 11:40 AM   #103
Power Member

Aug 2021

Quote:
As good as the HDR version is, this film looks spectacular in 3D. It's arguable whether the 3D is as strong as something like Ragnarok or even Captain Marvel. But it doesn't matter because it is strong enough, especially when combined with perfectly framed moments for 3D. There are some flash(ish) moments just like GvK which I like a lot in 3D. But I wish GvK looked as good as this.
Strong enough? I'm not sure what this phrase means

There are a few few moments in the film that look like they should be great 3D, but from what I saw it was just mild depth, only a bit better than when I saw The King's Man flat and could envision how it was intended to be in 3D. TASM2 had just enough depth that I was sure that the 3D was indeed working, but not anything further that I saw.

Although even if I do find some way to see what y'all saw in the 3D, the cameraman is bent on barring me from appreciating it. That 2008-era camerawork in a 2014 movie...
Old 01-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #104
Power Member

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
Honestly I can't remember much about the 3D for Ragnarok or Captain Marvel. I enjoyed them, I know it was better than HDR, but otherwise it didn't leave a mark, but ASM2 was one that instantly wowed me
Where in the film are some of these places?
Old 01-28-2022, 11:49 AM   #105
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Discovered_3D View Post

There are a few few moments in the film that look like they should be great 3D, but from what I saw it was just mild depth, only a bit better than when I saw The King's Man flat and could envision how it was intended to be in 3D. TASM2 had just enough depth that I was sure that the 3D was indeed working, but not anything further that I saw.

Although even if I do find some way to see what y'all saw in the 3D, the cameraman is bent on barring me from appreciating it. That 2008-era camerawork in a 2014 movie...
What can I tell you? From the first scenes with the plane crash, to Spidey swinging through the city, to his fight with Electro and on and on. Very good depth and lots of organic pop out effects.
Thanks given by:
morphinapg (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 12:20 PM   #106
Power Member

Aug 2021

Quote:
What can I tell you? From the first scenes with the plane crash, to Spidey swinging through the city, to his fight with Electro and on and on. Very good depth and lots of organic pop out effects.
Maybe the plane crash could have been good in 3D (I recall the CGI of the plane looking not so hot), but that whole plane fight was just a bad idea.

There were a few shots of Spiderman swinging where the cameraman took his adderall and could stay focused, but only minor depth. Enjoyable but not exactly amazing There's a scene where Spiderman is laying out across the screen and swings up towards the camera, and it looks like it could have had some pop/before-the-window. Do you recall seeing that?

Which fight with Electro? There's ~3 of them that I recall. I was really hoping that his Palpatine-esque lightning would be set to pop, taking advantage of the fights being at night, but it wasn't like that for me.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:56 PM   #107
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

I might rewatch this over the weekend, i can't get enough of this movie, i think i'm addicted to it lol. Love the visuals throughout.
Thanks given by:
Elsinore (01-28-2022), RitwikKN2002 (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 01:02 PM   #108
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:
Maybe the plane crash could have been good in 3D (I recall the CGI of the plane looking not so hot), but that whole plane fight was just a bad idea.

There were a few shots of Spiderman swinging where the cameraman took his adderall and could stay focused, but only minor depth. Enjoyable but not exactly amazing There's a scene where Spiderman is laying out across the screen and swings up towards the camera, and it looks like it could have had some pop/before-the-window. Do you recall seeing that?

Which fight with Electro? There's ~3 of them that I recall. I was really hoping that his Palpatine-esque lightning would be set to pop, taking advantage of the fights being at night, but it wasn't like that for me.
I had a quick rewatch if the first fight and I did get the effects you were talking about.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:10 PM   #109
Power Member

Aug 2021

Quote:
I had a quick rewatch if the first fight and I did get the effects you were talking about.
The first fight being the one where Spidey puts on the NYFD hat and hoses Electro?

How was the slo-mo "spider sense" scene where Spiderman does some fancy quick-shootin' with his remaining web to save some people from grabbing an electrified rail?
Old 01-28-2022, 01:20 PM   #110
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:

The first fight being the one where Spidey puts on the NYFD hat and hoses Electro?

How was the slo-mo "spider sense" scene where Spiderman does some fancy quick-shootin' with his remaining web to save some people from grabbing an electrified rail?
When I get home I'll have a look for you
Old 01-28-2022, 03:33 PM   #111
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:

OK that whole sequence in 3D is awesome. The faux bullet time effect looks great and when he crashes into the electronic display (showing a picture of him) all the pieces of glass and debris falls directly onto you. I need to remux the Atmos track because the timing is wrong but this does look "amazing".

HtH
Old 01-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #112

Mar 2013

Quote:
OK that whole sequence in 3D is awesome. The faux bullet time effect looks great and when he crashes into the electronic display (showing a picture of him) all the pieces of glass and debris falls directly onto you. I need to remux the Atmos track because the timing is wrong but this does look "amazing".

HtH
I saw a review last week from Spare Change's YT and he praised this movie in 3D and mentioned to remux the ATMOS track..took a few hours but well worth it..I now have the definitive version
Thanks given by:
ckyllr (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 04:14 PM   #113
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtibbs View Post
I saw a review last week from Spare Change's YT and he praised this movie in 3D and mentioned to remux the ATMOS track..took a few hours but well worth it..I now have the definitive version
Yeah I watched that too. I remuxed this movie a long time ago but haven't gotten around to actually sitting down and watching it. I only realised a month a go that I need to change the audio timings and remux it again lol.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:34 PM   #114
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:
lol. It means that what I saw certainly looks like strong 3D. It may well be that it's a combination of medium strong 3D and great stereoscopic planning. But if the end result looks as good as it does in ASM2 then for me the "strong 3D" argument is irrelevant.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:18 PM   #115
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

The first person web swinging in the opening of the movie is awesome. The 3D makes you feel like you are swinging with him.
Old 01-29-2022, 01:52 AM   #116
Power Member

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
The first person web swinging in the opening of the movie is awesome. The 3D makes you feel like you are swinging with him.
I did like that scene, even though the cameraman didn't let us savor it. But it was one of the scenes that felt like it should have been a lot more 3D than it was.

For all the flak that TASM2 gets as a film, it had some really neat ideas that should get a chance in another film. I'm also surprised that the film was halfway decent as it has a triumvirate of terrible writers behind it, another franchise nixed by Alex Kurtzman. But if the 3D had worked and the cameraman hadn't had the DTs, it would've really been something.

It was refreshing to see a Spiderman movie, since almost all of the Tom Holland movies are "Iron Spider"/"Tony Stark's illegitimate son".

Unfortunately, the 3D in TASM2 looks like a weaker version of that in NWH, rather than that of the true MCU spiderman films.

EDIT: alright, y'all are making me want to check this out again for science. I borrowed it to watch it, but I won't get that chance again for a while so where's the best place to snag a 3d blu of this nowadays?

Last edited by Just_Discovered_3D; 01-29-2022 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:55 AM   #117
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

The biggest take away from the Webb 2 Spider-Man movies are the first person shots both in ASM and ASM 2. I love these scenes and fast forward to them when I watch them back in 3D.
Thanks given by:
yukon30305 (01-30-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 08:29 AM   #118
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
The biggest take away from the Webb 2 Spider-Man movies are the first person shots both in ASM and ASM 2. I love these scenes and fast forward to them when I watch them back in 3D.
Another on my very long backlog of films to watch. But yesterday, after having a look some of the action scenes, it certainly looks like they were planned with 3D in mind because they look spectacular. I re-muxed the Atmos track with the correct timings (36s) and if Dune doesn't arrive today then this is on my shortlist to watch.
Old 01-29-2022, 08:55 AM   #119
Power Member

Aug 2021

Quote:
Another on my very long backlog of films to watch. But yesterday, after having a look some of the action scenes, it certainly looks like they were planned with 3D in mind because they look spectacular. I re-muxed the Atmos track with the correct timings (36s) and if Dune doesn't arrive today then this is on my shortlist to watch.
Hold on a second, are you saying that you haven't yet seen TASM2?
Old 01-29-2022, 09:05 AM   #120
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:
Hold on a second, are you saying that you haven't yet seen TASM2?
I wouldn't just come here and blindly comment about something I've never seen lol but I get that without the context of previous discussions it will look that way.

I have mentioned before that even if I haven't sat down to watch a 3D film, I have been through my collection multiple times as part of a discussion like yesterday or just testing stuff on my system. I know the film having watched it multiple times, so I know where to look for the best potential 3D moments. Also when asked specific questions about specific parts I sat down and watched those parts before commenting. Why would I suggest that;
Quote:
When I get home I'll have a look for you
if I was then just going to make stuff off of the top of my head???

Last edited by cdx47; 01-29-2022 at 09:35 AM.
Thanks given by:
yukon30305 (01-30-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
spider man 2