Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
22 hrs ago
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Inside Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.02
6 hrs ago
The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
23 hrs ago
Species 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
10 hrs ago
The Amazing Spider-Man Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
11 hrs ago
The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Dual (Blu-ray)
$16.59
1 day ago
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The King's Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Black Widow 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Nana: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.99
20 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-28-2022, 03:21 AM   #1201
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2017
Los Angeles

Great time for Poliziottesco fans!
Thanks given by:
LeDroitDeTuer (01-28-2022), Sleazeaddict (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 04:49 AM   #1202

Feb 2018

Not a big fan of The Heroin Busters, but I love The Big Racket. Can't wait for this release. Now, I wait for Rome: The Other Side of Violence, Violent Rome/Naples, and anything from Damiano Damiani.
Thanks given by:
emmet otter (02-06-2022), indravayu (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 09:35 AM   #1203

May 2013
a state of decay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDroitDeTuer View Post
Yeah, they said that it doesn't have English subs here in the comments: https://www.facebook.com/artusfilms/...1361895533852/
Looks like it was a trick! The other day the listing on Amazon FR said English subtitles but today it says French subtitles!
Old 01-28-2022, 04:54 PM   #1204
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2017
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by goathead1 View Post
Looks like it was a trick! The other day the listing on Amazon FR said English subtitles but today it says French subtitles!
You can never trust the specs on Amazon - this happens all the time.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:56 PM   #1205
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2017
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gomez View Post
Not a big fan of The Heroin Busters, but I love The Big Racket. Can't wait for this release. Now, I wait for Rome: The Other Side of Violence, Violent Rome/Naples, and anything from Damiano Damiani.
Seems a lot of people don't like HEROIN BUSTERS, but I thought it was decent enough. This set was an instant buy for me.

Your want list is definitely in line with mine!
Thanks given by:
LeDroitDeTuer (03-02-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 05:11 PM   #1206

May 2018
Scotland

Anyone got the Tony Arzenta blu ray yet? I ended up ordering from jpc.de that someone recommended a few pages back. Was wondering whether any of the extras are English friendly? I know thereís meant to be a commentary which I assume wonít have English subs but you never know. Iím sure Camera Obscura used to put English subs for their German commentary tracks.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:43 PM   #1207

Jun 2021
Manchester, GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNewmansBeard View Post
Anyone got the Tony Arzenta blu ray yet? I ended up ordering from jpc.de that someone recommended a few pages back. Was wondering whether any of the extras are English friendly? I know thereís meant to be a commentary which I assume wonít have English subs but you never know. Iím sure Camera Obscura used to put English subs for their German commentary tracks.
It arrived today!
Not had a chance to pop it in yet. There's two cuts of the movie (International and German) but only the International version is English friendly.
Once I've had a chance for a propper look I'll give an update on extras etc.
Thanks given by:
Ron Johnson (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 10:09 PM   #1208

May 2018
Scotland

Thatís great - looking forward to hearing how it looks as well as the extras. Mine is on its way but will probably be next week before I get my mitts on it.
Old 01-29-2022, 01:14 AM   #1209

Jun 2021
Manchester, GB

Quote:
Thatís great - looking forward to hearing how it looks as well as the extras. Mine is on its way but will probably be next week before I get my mitts on it.
Just watched it. The PQ is great, there's only light grain but my untrained eye didn't get the impression of digital dickery having been used. There's 2 sets of English subs, the normal subs and a seperate track that stays off until the few scenes where here is no English dub.
No English subs for the commentary, although that shouldn't be too much of a surprise. The commentary is the only extra on the International cut disc, on The disc of the German cut (which has no other language or subtitle options) are a poster gallery and the German cinema trailer and that's your lot.
The book element of the mediabook is all German text (as it should be) that looks like it would probably be quite interesting if I wasn't too ignorant to be able to read it, but it has lots and lots of nice stills and other pictures to gawp at.
Brilliant restoration of an underappreciated film, but pretty 'bare bones' in it's content.

[Show spoiler]SO much J&B!
Thanks given by:
KimNewmansBeard (01-29-2022), Ron Johnson (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 02:37 AM   #1210

Jan 2012

Could you confirm if it is region B locked or also A compatible?
To my knowledge, not every Koch Media/Explosive Media release is locked.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:47 AM   #1211

Jun 2021
Manchester, GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvd Aficionado View Post
Could you confirm if it is region B locked or also A compatible?
To my knowledge, not every Koch Media/Explosive Media release is locked.
Sorry, I've got no way of checking. It's packaging states region B, but that often doesn't mean too much. I'm region B locked myself so have this issue myself with US titles quite a lot and I know it can be frustrating trying to get a propper answer, but I'm sure somebody here will have a copy in the next few days and the equiptment to clear this up for you.
Thanks given by:
Dvd Aficionado (01-29-2022), Ron Johnson (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 08:46 AM   #1212

May 2018
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dopo View Post
Just watched it. The PQ is great, there's only light grain but my untrained eye didn't get the impression of digital dickery having been used. There's 2 sets of English subs, the normal subs and a seperate track that stays off until the few scenes where here is no English dub.
No English subs for the commentary, although that shouldn't be too much of a surprise. The commentary is the only extra on the International cut disc, on The disc of the German cut (which has no other language or subtitle options) are a poster gallery and the German cinema trailer and that's your lot.
The book element of the mediabook is all German text (as it should be) that looks like it would probably be quite interesting if I wasn't too ignorant to be able to read it, but it has lots and lots of nice stills and other pictures to gawp at.
Brilliant restoration of an underappreciated film, but pretty 'bare bones' in it's content.

[Show spoiler]SO much J&B!
Thanks for all the info. Itís easily a top 5 Italian crime film for me. Did you get it from JPC.de too? Was wondering if you did how long it took to ship to the U.K.?
Old 01-29-2022, 09:46 AM   #1213
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013
London

What’s the original language for Tony Arzenta? Italian? As obviously Delon is French but this is an Italian film. I’ve never seen it.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:57 AM   #1214

Jun 2021
Manchester, GB

Quote:
Thanks for all the info. Itís easily a top 5 Italian crime film for me. Did you get it from JPC.de too? Was wondering if you did how long it took to ship to the U.K.?
Yep, JPC (thin it might acyually have been you that alerted me to them a few pages back because Amazon.de were always showing out of stock), from shipping notice to arrival was about 48hrs. Quite a sturdy little mailer too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams76 View Post
Whatís the original language for Tony Arzenta? Italian? As obviously Delon is French but this is an Italian film. Iíve never seen it.
I think that the initial release was in Italian, but as with a lot of Italian movies the idea of 'original language' is fraught. I go with the English dub because Delon diid his own dubbing for the English and French tracks but some random did the Italian.
Thanks given by:
grahams76 (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 11:57 AM   #1215

May 2018
Scotland

It was jibboo that suggested JPC.de - donít want to steal their thunder! Amazon.de is not as reliable as they used to be. Will use JPC.de again as they seem to be able to ship some titles to the U.K. that for whatever reason Amazon.de refuse to. 48 hours is very quick from Germany.
Thanks given by:
El Dopo (01-29-2022), jibboo (01-29-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 06:47 PM   #1216
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeTogo84 View Post
Contraband and the Big Racket for me were the two biggest missing Italian crime films on Blu-ray. After this, I'm happy with whatever we get as the best are now out.
We need desperately need Violent Naples before we can say all of the essentials have been released. I'd also like Violent Rome and a quality version of A Special Cop In Action but wouldn't argue that they are top 5. They are in my top 10 though.

Anyone know why Violent Naples doesn't have an English friendly release yet?
Thanks given by:
DukeTogo84 (02-02-2022), Dvd Aficionado (02-02-2022), indravayu (02-03-2022), LeDroitDeTuer (03-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #1217
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2012
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
We need desperately need Violent Naples before we can say all of the essentials have been released. I'd also like Violent Rome and a quality version of A Special Cop In Action but wouldn't argue that they are top 5. They are in my top 10 though.

Yeah, that would make for a great release. It's not a personal favorite, but still liked it. Although, I probably need to give it a rewatch as I don't remember much outside of the bowling ball scene.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:41 AM   #1218

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post

It could be due to the exorbitant licensing fees of these top-tier cult titles. An English-dubbed audio track of Napoli Violenta exists. It was released on DVD stateside some years back, along with Roma Violenta and one other, but it wasn't legit. The Italian Federal Video DVD, no English audio though, will do for now.

The three you mentioned are on my top 10 wish list too. I'm pretty sure they'll see the light of day in the near future given the past year releases of poliziotteschi films by a few boutique labels.

Arrow Films are planning Rogue Cops and Racketeers: Two Crime Thrillers from Enzo G. Castellari. Who knows they'll surprise fans with The Inspector Betti Trilogy: Three Eurocrime Thrillers with Maurizio Merli and the funky OSTs on CD thrown in as a bonus.

[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
El Dopo (02-03-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 10:50 PM   #1219

Jun 2020
BogotŠ, Colombia

saw tony Arzenta, it really is one of the best delon and mafia flicks Ive seen. It starts with a beautiful roberto carlos song performed by Ornella Vanoni, which sets very nicely the mood for what it is an uncompromising
[Show spoiler]revenge
story with a Delon at the peak of his powers and looks. Loved the look of europe at that particular era, and there are a couple of memorable moments,
[Show spoiler]the biggest one obviously the ending

too bad the german edition has a german audio commentary and no other extras, but it looks and sounds pretty fine. I watched the international version, which is almost 2 hours long, in italian audio with eng subs
Old 02-05-2022, 08:48 AM   #1220
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013
London

Apologies for being off topic, but I’m trying to order High Crime and Tony Arzenta from JPC and I get this: The delivery of articles without youth release is only possible within Germany.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America