Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
George Carlin Commemorative Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.80
6 hrs ago
The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
1 day ago
Nana: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
The Boys: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Infinite 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
1 hr ago
The Office: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$83.74

Castlevania: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Downton Abbey: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$56.49
1 day ago
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.39

Vikings: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$91.79

Black Clover: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 10:45 AM   #9101
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Yet the narrative was that ratings weren't important because the show's were hitting other metrics. See any parallels?

Crisis has generally caused more consumption. Yet some of their shows shrunk almost non-existent numbers. You don't think a network gets hurt by lack of viewers? The favourites are still hitting decent numbers.

Try telling a potential advertisers that more people will see a sign on a park bench than viewers will see their product on a TV show that's targeted at your biggest demographic.
Both are correct. The ratings don't matter because more people tend to watch on catch-up, streaming or physical media sales now. At the same time, you have to judge ratings success by the current television landscape, rather than by past standards.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:29 AM   #9102
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2009

The last two episodes of Series 11, It Takes You Away and The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos, did not meaningfully advance the #Thasmin aspect of the series - though they were both a lot of fun!

The New Year's Day special, Resolution, featured the 13th Doctor in her first encounter with a Dalek. The story starts out with the fam traveling around in the TARDIS to see several New Year's celebrations around the universe...

There is a cute scene where Yaz shows her feelings and concern for the Doctor, not wanting her to go off on her own

Showrunner Chris Chibnall was understandably very content to see the Daleks appearing in the show once again, because:

Old 01-25-2022, 09:58 AM   #9103
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBonnet View Post
The last two episodes of Series 11, It Takes You Away and The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos, did not meaningfully advance the #Thasmin aspect of the series - though they were both a lot of fun!

The New Year's Day special, Resolution, featured the 13th Doctor in her first encounter with a Dalek. The story starts out with the fam traveling around in the TARDIS to see several New Year's celebrations around the universe...

There is a cute scene where Yaz shows her feelings and concern for the Doctor, not wanting her to go off on her own

Showrunner Chris Chibnall was understandably very content to see the Daleks appearing in the show once again, because:

Resolution is such a great Dalek story. Chibnall really knows how to write for them.

Thanks given by:
BluBonnet (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 02:27 PM   #9104
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
Resolutionis such a great Dalek story. Chibnall really knows how to write for them.
I know, he really knows! I'm very pleasantly surprised, revisiting these episodes for the first time since they came out, how incredibly well they hold up. And he clearly had so much fun writing them...

He also seems like a little kid giddy with excitement at the thought of bringing back the Daleks

Overall, I'm really very, very happy with all the great work he's done and the amazing and lovely performances by Jodie and the whole cast - the special guests, too.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:49 PM   #9105
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2014

Quote:
I know, he really knows! I'm very pleasantly surprised, revisiting these episodes for the first time since they came out, how incredibly well they hold up. And he clearly had so much fun writing them...

He also seems like a little kid giddy with excitement at the thought of bringing back the Daleks

Overall, I'm really very, very happy with all the great work he's done and the amazing and lovely performances by Jodie and the whole cast - the special guests, too.
I'd be the same as him if I was in charge of the show. The Daleks are the best!

Old 01-25-2022, 10:51 PM   #9106
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017
In The Pages of DC Comics

My god would you two get a room already. This is supposed to be a Doctor Who Discussion thread not a circle jerk over Chibnall

I can't wait till Dunemoon Acela and ProfxTracy come back so we can have things go back to normal.

Thanks given by:
Dunemoon (02-15-2022), frankrizzo13 (01-26-2022), ProfXtacy (01-29-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 12:42 AM   #9107
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben6543 View Post
My god would you two get a room already. This is supposed to be a Doctor Who Discussion thread not a circle jerk over Chibnall

I can't wait till Dunemoon Acela and ProfxTracy come back so we can have things go back to normal.
Are we still allowed to say Chinballs???

Old 01-26-2022, 01:35 AM   #9108
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
Are we still allowed to say Chinballs???
I think so. haven't seen anyone get suspended for that.

Thanks given by:
Dunemoon (02-15-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 04:37 PM   #9109
Banned

Dec 2014

On the two-year anniversary of Fugitive of the Judoon, at least all sects of the fandom can come together in the shared belief that Jo Martin has been criminally underused, and unless something changes in these last two episodes, the Fugitive Doctor is going to go down as the biggest missed opportunity of Chibnall's era (and I say that as a fan of the era).

Old 01-26-2022, 04:39 PM   #9110
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2009

Was just watching Fugitive of Judoon... I would love to see more of Jo Martin.

Thanks given by:
MisterKorman (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 05:34 PM   #9111
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

Rumours in the press say Whittaker may not be given a regeneration scene. Lowest viewing figures since 2005 suggest the BBC may want a clean reboot.

https://www.londoncomicconspring.com...die-whittaker/ £220? In five years she'll be lucky if she's not living Karen Gillan's great short film Conventional for real. Or you could meet Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker, Bernard Cribbins and one of the world's greatest actors, Brian Cox, and still have change

Thanks given by:
frankrizzo13 (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 05:54 PM   #9112
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2009

Looking back at Series 11, Jodie highlighted some of the things she likes about the character

It's one of those things I love about DW - the hero doesn't need big muscles or assault weapons. She relies primarily on her mind. She's smart and always finds a way to outthink her opponents.

Series 12 got off to a great start with the 2-part Spyfall, which was a bit of a spoof of 007 but also gave us the man who is my favourite Master of all time, seen here kicking the Timeless Child subplot into high gear

Another highlight of the season opener is that it marks the first time Yaz starts thinking along the lines of "what would the Doctor do?" - and also expresses some interest in learning more about Gallifrey

The next episode, Orphan 55, would offer one of the few times when Yaz sounded slightly alarmed at something the Doctor knew but didn't immediately mention

That brings us to Fugitive of Judoon, which gave the Doctor the chance to engage in some clever wordplay:

But more importantly, it also brought us Jo Martin as the fugitive Doctor

Old 01-26-2022, 07:48 PM   #9113
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRats View Post
Rumours in the press say Whittaker may not be given a regeneration scene. Lowest viewing figures since 2005 suggest the BBC may want a clean reboot.

That Rumor is BS Jodie filmed her regneration scene months ago

Quote:
Chris Chibnall has revealed that the last scene Jodie Whittaker shot in the Doctor Who centenary special was the Thirteenth Doctor's regeneration scene, marking her official exit from the show.

Showrunner Chibnall shared in his Production Notes column – published in Doctor Who Magazine – that the last scene Whittaker filmed as the iconic Time Lord was the character's regeneration from her Doctor to the new Fourteenth Doctor.
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...on-newsupdate/

Thanks given by:
Dalekbuster523Bluray (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 08:34 PM   #9114
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben6543 View Post
That Rumor is BS Jodie filmed her regneration scene months ago
Just because it's been filmed it doesn't guarantee it will be used. The RT article dates from last November, the rumours are two days old and carried by most of the UK press without a BBC denial

Old 01-26-2022, 11:29 PM   #9115
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKorman View Post
On the two-year anniversary of Fugitive of the Judoon, at least all sects of the fandom can come together in the shared belief that Jo Martin has been criminally underused, and unless something changes in these last two episodes, the Fugitive Doctor is going to go down as the biggest missed opportunity of Chibnall's era (and I say that as a fan of the era).
Yeah, Jo Martin is amazing. I hope she gets some Big Finish sets.

Quote:

https://www.londoncomicconspring.com...die-whittaker/ £220? In five years she'll be lucky if she's not living Karen Gillan's great short film Conventional for real. Or you could meet Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker, Bernard Cribbins and one of the world's greatest actors, Brian Cox, and still have change
Quote:
Just because it's been filmed it doesn't guarantee it will be used. The RT article dates from last November, the rumours are two days old and carried by most of the UK press without a BBC denial
I'm sorry but you're talking nonsense. They're not going to film Jodie's half of a regeneration and immediately scrap it. It would be foolish. There are certain audience expectations that you can't tinker with - and yes, I know that Patrick Troughton wasn't seen morphing into Jon Pertwee, but that was a different set of circumstances (it was only the second time the Doctor had regenerated, so there was no set precedent).

And before you say Christopher Eccleston started without a regeneration in Rose, context is key. That episode came at a point where the show had been off for a great number of years, and audiences needed reintroducing to the format. We're now 17 years into the revival, and viewers expect to see the traditional regeneration sequence from one actor to another. If you did a Troughton-style final scene now, followed by an Eccleston show-up-without-the-morph, audiences would be left bitterly disappointed.

The BBC would also be idiots to look at the ratings and decide a 'clean reboot' is needed. You need to judge by the standards of today, not 2005.

Thanks given by:
BluBonnet (01-27-2022), MisterKorman (01-26-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 01:57 AM   #9116
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2009

Awwwwww!

Old 01-27-2022, 04:24 PM   #9117
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Awwwwww!

That's adorbs!

Thanks given by:
BluBonnet (01-27-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 10:22 AM   #9118
Banned

Aug 2021

After 2 weeks of the Thasmin Menace we can restore balance to the forum.

I see Doctor Who came second in the One Show poll of favourite BBC TV shows. It might have come first if Chibnall hadn’t damaged the perception of the show so much.

Thanks given by:
frankrizzo13 (01-30-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 01:22 PM   #9119
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2009

Doctor Who Director Reveals New Jodie Whittaker Regeneration Details (SPOILERS)

Old 01-29-2022, 02:59 PM   #9120
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfXtacy View Post
After 2 weeks of the Thasmin Menace we can restore balance to the forum.

I see Doctor Who came second in the One Show poll of favourite BBC TV shows. It might have come first if Chibnall hadn’t damaged the perception of the show so much.
What was first?

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows