Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
14 hrs ago
Black Hawk Down 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99
14 hrs ago
For All Mankind: Season One (Blu-ray)
$38.85
14 hrs ago
Shawscope Volume Two (Blu-ray)
$89.45
1 day ago
Jaws 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
13 hrs ago
Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
22 hrs ago
Blast of Silence (Blu-ray)
$27.99
14 hrs ago
The Red Balloon and Other Stories: Five Films by Albert Lamorisse (Blu-ray)
$55.99
 
The Equalizer 3-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$48.55
 
Blue Steel (Blu-ray)
$15.79
 
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (Blu-ray)
$10.99
5 hrs ago
Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II 4K (Blu-ray)
$40.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2022, 11:12 PM   #5421
KC-Technerd KC-Technerd is offline
Expert Member
 
Apr 2006
115
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
I would imagine the calibrator at Value Electronics, whom I believe is D-Nice, would have that type of software to delay the timing of the dimming to get an accurate reading for calibration.
D-Nice is well known and apparently very active in LG and OLED calibration. I have no doubt that he's fully aware of the TPC dimming and does whatever necessary to avoid it compromising the calibration.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
PUsokrJosh305 (09-06-2022), Robert Zohn (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 03:03 AM   #5422
PUsokrJosh305 PUsokrJosh305 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PUsokrJosh305's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
8
117
488
13
Default

I have another question for you guys. Any of you having issues with the Disney + App on your LG TVs?? The specific issue is switching between the IMAX Enhanced Versions and regular scope widescreen versions of some of the Marvel films. For some reason, it gets stuck on one version. Say, I was watching the Scope Widescreen version of Multiverse of Madness and I wanted to switch to the IMAX Enhanced version, I cannot. Even if I choose it, it won’t switch it. It’s like a glitch.

I can switch between them on my iOS app and Amazon Fire Stick app, but not on the LG one. If anyone could test this to see if they are having the same issues or not, that would be awesome!!

Last edited by PUsokrJosh305; 09-06-2022 at 04:07 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 07:10 AM   #5423
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
I would imagine the calibrator at Value Electronics, whom I believe is D-Nice, would have that type of software to delay the timing of the dimming to get an accurate reading for calibration.
You canít accurately calibrate an OLED with TPC On. So they likely went into the SM & disabled that along with GSR, did the calibration, then went back in & turned both of those features back on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 07:17 AM   #5424
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
I have another question for you guys. Any of you having issues with the Disney + App on your LG TVs?? The specific issue is switching between the IMAX Enhanced Versions and regular scope widescreen versions of some of the Marvel films. For some reason, it gets stuck on one version. Say, I was watching the Scope Widescreen version of Multiverse of Madness and I wanted to switch to the IMAX Enhanced version, I cannot. Even if I choose it, it wonít switch it. Itís like a glitch.

I can switch between them on my iOS app and Amazon Fire Stick app, but not on the LG one. If anyone could test this to see if they are having the same issues or not, that would be awesome!!
Interesting.

I have not messed with both versions. Itís likely both an LG/App issue. IMAX Enhanced is relatively a new feature for Disney + so likely LG didnít get an update for Disney +

You could try signing out of Disney + on the LG app & that might reset the app.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 10:38 AM   #5425
PUsokrJosh305 PUsokrJosh305 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PUsokrJosh305's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
8
117
488
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Interesting.

I have not messed with both versions. Itís likely both an LG/App issue. IMAX Enhanced is relatively a new feature for Disney + so likely LG didnít get an update for Disney +

You could try signing out of Disney + on the LG app & that might reset the app.
It is an issue with the LG Version of the Disney + App. It has worked before switching between versions however for some reason there is a glitch now. I posted this in the Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness thread and someone is saying the exact same thing and they have a 2016 LG OLED. So, clearly there is a major glitch here!!

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...&postcount=600
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 12:46 PM   #5426
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
It is an issue with the LG Version of the Disney + App. It has worked before switching between versions however for some reason there is a glitch now. I posted this in the Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness thread and someone is saying the exact same thing and they have a 2016 LG OLED. So, clearly there is a major glitch here!!

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...&postcount=600
Yep, ok.

You could try resetting the app. Either by signing out & if that doesnít work, you could possibly delete the app & then re-download it. Though that would only be a temporary fix until LG or Disney + update on their end.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
PUsokrJosh305 (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 12:52 PM   #5427
PUsokrJosh305 PUsokrJosh305 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PUsokrJosh305's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
8
117
488
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Yep, ok.

You could try resetting the app. Either by signing out & if that doesnít work, you could possibly delete the app & then re-download it. Though that would only be a temporary fix until LG or Disney + update on their end.
I did all of those things and itís still an issue so itís on Disneyís and LGís to get it fixed. I let LG know via Twitter. Not sure if it will 100% be investigated but one can only hope.

The only reason why I know about this is that I was looking at Eternals because I knew it dimmed down when I had the TPC option ďonĒ. I wanted to see what it looked like when it was ďoffĒ and not dim. Thatís when I ran into the issue. Otherwise, I would have never known.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 01:11 PM   #5428
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
I did all of those things and itís still an issue so itís on Disneyís and LGís to get it fixed. I let LG know via Twitter. Not sure if it will 100% be investigated but one can only hope.

The only reason why I know about this is that I was looking at Eternals because I knew it dimmed down when I had the TPC option ďonĒ. I wanted to see what it looked like when it was ďoffĒ and not dim. Thatís when I ran into the issue. Otherwise, I would have never known.
You just reminded me of how much garbage is on Disney +

I suggest giving ďPreyĒ a watch. Itís decent. Also if you wanna stress test TPC, watch Ozark on Netflix. Definitely unwatchable on any OLED with TPC On.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 02:23 PM   #5429
d3nt0n d3nt0n is offline
Expert Member
 
d3nt0n's Avatar
 
Sep 2020
USA
8
2
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
You canít accurately calibrate an OLED with TPC On. So they likely went into the SM & disabled that along with GSR, did the calibration, then went back in & turned both of those features back on.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure if you use Calman's auto-cal it will disable TPC during calibration without needing a service remote or affecting warranty.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 04:06 PM   #5430
KC-Technerd KC-Technerd is offline
Expert Member
 
Apr 2006
115
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3nt0n View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure if you use Calman's auto-cal it will disable TPC during calibration without needing a service remote or affecting warranty.
Calman doesn't actually disable the TPC function, but it performs the pattern insertion I described above to prevent TPC from dimming while test pattern patches are being measured.

Quote from their AutoCal Guide:
Quote:
To prevent an LG OLED display from entering its auto dimming mode during extended measurements, the Calman Pattern Insertion feature periodically inserts a different test pattern during extended test pattern measurements, to reset the displayís auto-dimming timer.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
d3nt0n (09-06-2022), Derb (09-07-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 04:10 PM   #5431
PUsokrJosh305 PUsokrJosh305 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PUsokrJosh305's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
8
117
488
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
I have another question for you guys. Any of you having issues with the Disney + App on your LG TVs?? The specific issue is switching between the IMAX Enhanced Versions and regular scope widescreen versions of some of the Marvel films. For some reason, it gets stuck on one version. Say, I was watching the Scope Widescreen version of Multiverse of Madness and I wanted to switch to the IMAX Enhanced version, I cannot. Even if I choose it, it wonít switch it. Itís like a glitch.

I can switch between them on my iOS app and Amazon Fire Stick app, but not on the LG one. If anyone could test this to see if they are having the same issues or not, that would be awesome!!
The issue is still going on. Anyone else experiencing the same thing with their LG OLED Tv on Disney + playing some of the IMAX Enhanced Marvel Films?? The issue is again with the ďversionsĒ section where itís stuck on only 1 version of the film (which is right now the scope version). For some reason there is a glitch and it wonít switch, even if I click on the IMAX enhanced version, it still doesnít do it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:58 AM   #5432
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
The issue is still going on. Anyone else experiencing the same thing with their LG OLED Tv on Disney + playing some of the IMAX Enhanced Marvel Films?? The issue is again with the ďversionsĒ section where itís stuck on only 1 version of the film (which is right now the scope version). For some reason there is a glitch and it wonít switch, even if I click on the IMAX enhanced version, it still doesnít do it.
Sucks

Do you have other options for Disney + ?

I decided to sign out of all devices including LG TV because someone was hacking my account so now I just use 1 device which isnít LG.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 07:23 AM   #5433
PUsokrJosh305 PUsokrJosh305 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PUsokrJosh305's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
8
117
488
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Sucks

Do you have other options for Disney + ?

I decided to sign out of all devices including LG TV because someone was hacking my account so now I just use 1 device which isnít LG.
Not really. I will say there is a work around for this. If I use the iOS Disney + app on my iPhone, I can choose the IMAX Enhanced Version or the regular Widescreen version on there and then it will actually play that one on my LG TV.

But from what I figure, itís a glitch with the app for LG TV owners. It worked in the past but I guess this last app update in July may have screwed up something. You would think by now there would be people complaining, but I guess the issue hasnít come up with many people yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:10 AM   #5434
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
Not really. I will say there is a work around for this. If I use the iOS Disney + app on my iPhone, I can choose the IMAX Enhanced Version or the regular Widescreen version on there and then it will actually play that one on my LG TV.

But from what I figure, itís a glitch with the app for LG TV owners. It worked in the past but I guess this last app update in July may have screwed up something. You would think by now there would be people complaining, but I guess the issue hasnít come up with many people yet.
I just watch the default version. (Which is probably what most do)

Which is IMAX Enhanced if you donít change it.

Though I understand the frustration when you are supposed to be able to switch between the 2 if you like. As you said, it worked before so LG/Disney need to fix this.

In the meantime I would use your mobile device to select what version you want.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:45 AM   #5435
PUsokrJosh305 PUsokrJosh305 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PUsokrJosh305's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
8
117
488
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I just watch the default version. (Which is probably what most do)

Which is IMAX Enhanced if you donít change it.

Though I understand the frustration when you are supposed to be able to switch between the 2 if you like. As you said, it worked before so LG/Disney need to fix this.

In the meantime I would use your mobile device to select what version you want.
That's probably what I will do for the time being.

I just want to be sure it's happening to all LG TV owners and not just me. So, for any of you LG OLED or LG TV owners have Disney +, can you please check to see if you can't switch from watching the IMAX Enhanced version of a Marvel film to the regular Widescreen Version. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is a good one to check. That or any of the last 2 Avenger Films. Would love to hear if you can or can't through your LG/TV Disney + App!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 03:35 AM   #5436
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

I figured out the issue with YouTube on the LG C1 using an Apple TV4K box.

With Apple options, you can select Match Framerate & Match Dynamic Range. Disabling Match Framerate resolves the issue of video playback issues.

Specifically what happens is Apple TV4K is in real time trying to adjust the Framerate on a video per video basis & even an ad per ad basis causing a 3 second delay which results in a black screen during this transition.

This is a 3-week old problem that effects YouTube. I havenít seen this issue on any other apps like Netflix or Disney or Prime. Also it isnít recommended to disable Match Framerate because if you do, watching any movies that are 24p will cause Framerate stuttering.

Sucks because of all your YouTube options, Apple TV4K has the best video picture quality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:45 PM   #5437
Lozin Lozin is offline
Senior Member
 
Lozin's Avatar
 
Sep 2017
199
1178
377
84
321
Default

I'm most likely going to be a new LG G2 owner come November but the Samsung QN90B is my second choice. I've never owned an OLED and I was talking to a few owners and one guy said his CX developed burn in due to gaming rather quickly and he now owns a C2 and uses a LED monitor for gaming on now. My use is about 60% 1080P Blu-Ray/Satellite TV 20% gaming and 20% 4K Blu-Ray/Streaming and some of my viewing is 4X3 older shows. I'm only a casual gamer and can go months without turning on either console but when I do get into a game I can easily go 4-6+ hours at a time on a game although its not an everyday thing. Hopefully the G2 can serve me well and the 5 year warranty is a plus.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 06:47 PM   #5438
Robert Zohn Robert Zohn is online now
Retailer Insider
 
Robert Zohn's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY
2
Default

@Lozin, you will LOVE LG's new G2 Gallery Series OLED TV! Excellent TV Choice!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:17 PM   #5439
Lozin Lozin is offline
Senior Member
 
Lozin's Avatar
 
Sep 2017
199
1178
377
84
321
Default

Thanks Robert, I think so too. Now if only you had a store in Canada you would be my first and only call.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 03:16 PM   #5440
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Iím closing in on 4000 hours in 11 months of ownership on my C1 with EVO.

95% gaming. A few games Iíve put 500+ hours into. The only not normal thing I do with my viewing is I purposely turn off the TV after 4ish hours of use for around 20 minutes than am back at it for another 5-6 hours.

Not a single indication of image retention on mine.

Maybe deuterium is the real deal?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
KC-Technerd (09-21-2022)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 AM.