Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Superman I-IV 5-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$97.99
 
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Cliffhanger 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Wolf of Wall Street 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
4 hrs ago
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
23 hrs ago
Heat 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Jesus Revolution (Blu-ray)
$30.40
1 day ago
Watchmen 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Heat (Blu-ray)
$3.99
8 hrs ago
Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
9 hrs ago
Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
9 hrs ago
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 06-26-2018, 04:07 AM   #12781
Worship.my.wreck Worship.my.wreck is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Worship.my.wreck's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
230
1790
121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdup Flix View Post
Does anyone have The Hitcher book? Nice price at Diabolik but i want to hear some opinions first.
Im tempted as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:07 AM   #12782
iaragorn1 iaragorn1 is offline
Expert Member
 
iaragorn1's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Southwest
283
691
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0284 View Post
Grabbed Donnie Darko Limited at a good price, thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:32 AM   #12783
Jr7936 Jr7936 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jr7936's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
44
1299
167
49
243
Default

what are people's thoughts on the godard set for those who own it or have seen the films. Im on the edge for $50 shipped
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:06 AM   #12784
tisdivine tisdivine is offline
Special Member
 
tisdivine's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Miami/Brooklyn
91
351
10
Default

Im actually curious about any of Arrows books? Ive been wanting to pick up a few but the prices were too high. For $11.99 though thats a different story.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:39 PM   #12785
painiac painiac is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
painiac's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
brooklyn
9
2197
845
Default

book talk should be banned imo i don't want to see posts from wordnerds about their fancy book learnin
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aficionado (06-29-2018), frakking toaster (06-26-2018), Goblins (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #12786
splintersan splintersan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
splintersan's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
10
486
11
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by painiac View Post
book talk should be banned imo i don't want to see posts from wordnerds about their fancy book learnin
bluray forum. No book talk. Hopefully a mod comes in here and removes all of the off topic posts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #12787
splintersan splintersan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
splintersan's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
10
486
11
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema74 View Post
I'm not falling for these region-locked titles anymore. Import one then have a US-friendly edition released 6 months later. Some examples of UK-only titles I've gotten burned on are Donnie Darko, Hellraiser Scarlett Box, Deep Red and Vamp. Best to wait it out IMO.
To be fair Deep Red was almost 1.5 years in between. I think Arrow just lucked out on Lustig not re-upping his license. Vamp was a pretty big gap too. Donnie Darko on the other hand was a few months and I think Hellraiser was 6 months. I waited on DD and Hellraiser, own the US verison of Scarlett Box but grabbed the DD UK release because it was $9 during an Arrow sale. Deep Red I own bother versions and Vamp I own the UK version but it was region free to begin with so no one got burned on that one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #12788
defile959 defile959 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
defile959's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Charlotte, NC
82
2381
585
1
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisdivine View Post
Im actually curious about any of Arrows books? Ive been wanting to pick up a few but the prices were too high. For $11.99 though thats a different story.
I picked up the Meiko Kaji, Sergio Martino, and Blair Witch books when I was at Texas Frightmare in May. I've read the Blair Witch book and am halfway through the Sergio Martino book, and have enjoyed them both thus far. They're small and relatively quick reads, but if you're interested in the topic they're worth your time. The sale price that Diabolik is offering is likely the best price we'll see for a while.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Martin_31 (06-26-2018), RedHarvest (06-26-2018), splintersan (06-26-2018), tisdivine (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #12789
Martin_31 Martin_31 is offline
Power Member
 
Martin_31's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
California
173
26
2
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defile959 View Post
I picked up the Meiko Kaji, Sergio Martino, and Blair Witch books when I was at Texas Frightmare in May. I've read the Blair Witch book and am halfway through the Sergio Martino book, and have enjoyed them both thus far. They're small and relatively quick reads, but if you're interested in the topic they're worth your time. The sale price that Diabolik is offering is likely the best price we'll see for a while.
Are the similar to the booklets? Could you post a photo of them? Im interested but if they are actual books like Penguin Classics.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #12790
splintersan splintersan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
splintersan's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
10
486
11
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_31 View Post
Are the similar to the booklets? Could you post a photo of them? Im interested but if they are actual books like Penguin Classics.
They are the same size as their blurays, they were designed to sit on the shelf along side their releases.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Martin_31 (06-26-2018), tisdivine (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 06:15 PM   #12791
CQD84 CQD84 is offline
Senior Member
 
CQD84's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Wisconsin
64
574
Default

Didn't order any movies. But I did order the Man Who Fell To Earth book.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #12792
Kakihara Kakihara is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Kakihara's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
133
853
Default

As a big Takashi Miike fan, I've yet to see Happiness of the Katakuris. Is it worth a blind-buy for someone who loves Miike but isn't that thrilled with musicals? And is Arrow's release of it pretty good?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:13 AM   #12793
Fdup Flix Fdup Flix is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2016
Times Square, NYC (circa 1983)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by splintersan View Post
They are the same size as their blurays, they were designed to sit on the shelf along side their releases.
If only I could sit The Hitcher book on my shelf along side an Arrow Blu of the film.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
splintersan (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 02:16 AM   #12794
Fdup Flix Fdup Flix is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2016
Times Square, NYC (circa 1983)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakihara View Post
As a big Takashi Miike fan, I've yet to see Happiness of the Katakuris. Is it worth a blind-buy for someone who loves Miike but isn't that thrilled with musicals? And is Arrow's release of it pretty good?
If you love Miike, youve gotta check it out. A Miike musical is exactly as crazy as youd think it would be. Probably Top 10 Miike for me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
1234567? (06-27-2018), 20th Century Boy (06-27-2018), Kakihara (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 02:36 AM   #12795
20th Century Boy 20th Century Boy is offline
Power Member
 
20th Century Boy's Avatar
 
Dec 2016
Gentrification Central
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakihara View Post
As a big Takashi Miike fan, I've yet to see Happiness of the Katakuris. Is it worth a blind-buy for someone who loves Miike but isn't that thrilled with musicals? And is Arrow's release of it pretty good?
I loathe musicals and most remakes but this made my top 100 films of all time list. Easily Miike at his most crazy. GET IT!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kakihara (06-27-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #12796
El Sleezo El Sleezo is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
El Sleezo's Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Burgerland
462
4729
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20th Century Boy View Post
I loathe musicals and most remakes but this made my top 100 films of all time list. Easily Miike at his most crazy. GET IT!
I agree with the second part. Katakuris is atleast a top 15 Japanese film.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kakihara (06-28-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #12797
BurningAstronaut BurningAstronaut is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2015
New York
181
2503
360
14
Default

Just pre-ordered The Complete Sartana at Deep Discount -- $53.99 with the SPF15 discount came out to $45.89 + free shipping! Immense deal!!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
splintersan (06-29-2018), StarDestroyer52 (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 06:13 PM   #12798
cakefactory cakefactory is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
cakefactory's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
WI, USA
158
2926
848
1
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Sleezo View Post
I agree with the second part. Katakuris is atleast a top 15 Japanese film.
I like the movie quite a bit, but WOW, I could see top 15 ridiculous genre movie, not top 15 when you throw in the rest of Japanese cinema, like Ozu and Kurosawa and Miyazaki and Kore-eda etcetcetc.

I'd say if you like Hausu you'll like this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:14 PM   #12799
DaveyJoe DaveyJoe is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
DaveyJoe's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
Maryland
193
2491
2
Default

It's fair to say I'm a big fan of Happiness of the Katakuris...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
20th Century Boy (06-30-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 06:16 PM   #12800
El Sleezo El Sleezo is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
El Sleezo's Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Burgerland
462
4729
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
I like the movie quite a bit, but WOW, I could see top 15 ridiculous genre movie, not top 15 when you throw in the rest of Japanese cinema, like Ozu and Kurosawa and Miyazaki and Kore-eda etcetcetc.

I'd say if you like Hausu you'll like this.
Another volcanic opinion : Wolf Guy > Like Father, Like Son
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:37 PM.