Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 12 is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Jurassic World: 5 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Jack Reacher 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.32

Supernatural: The Complete Thirteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
11 hrs ago
The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Despicable Me 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$13.99

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Meg (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99

The Meg 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Forty Guns (Blu-ray)
$22.97
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Projectors

Old 08-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008
Default New 4k-8keShift Projectors at IFA

New true 4k/8k eShift PJs from Sony and JVC. We should be getting the US announcements at CEDIA next week.
Thanks given by:
roar (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 12:29 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 09-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Talked to my local installer yesterday who was at CEDIA and saw the new JVCís and Sonys. Thought the entry level 4K Sony was just an incremental update to last years so unless you really care about 4K at 60fps not too big of an improvement. He said the interesting one was the mid market one, well outside my price range being well over 10K. He thought the new JVCís looked good but the MSRP in Canada for the NX-5 is going to be higher than the Sony entry level which is already stretching my budget. He did say that he thought the move to make in my budget was to look at the JVC 790, considerably higher contrast ratio and with a new price that is very attractive. A couple grand less than the NX5. I hope to see two side by side and see if I can seee the difference in sharpness and judge for myself whether the increase in contrast will make for a more appealing picture versus the uptick in sharpness a true 4K panel may offer.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
Talked to my local installer yesterday who was at CEDIA and saw the new JVCís and Sonys. Thought the entry level 4K Sony was just an incremental update to last years so unless you really care about 4K at 60fps not too big of an improvement. He said the interesting one was the mid market one, well outside my price range being well over 10K. He thought the new JVCís looked good but the MSRP in Canada for the NX-5 is going to be higher than the Sony entry level which is already stretching my budget. He did say that he thought the move to make in my budget was to look at the JVC 790, considerably higher contrast ratio and with a new price that is very attractive. A couple grand less than the NX5. I hope to see two side by side and see if I can seee the difference in sharpness and judge for myself whether the increase in contrast will make for a more appealing picture versus the uptick in sharpness a true 4K panel may offer.
If you're talking about the 570ES/695ES, it seems to me that is also the same "minor" upgrade when compared to the current models it's replacing.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:09 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
Personally I'm going to hold off another year. Still enjoying my Sony 45es, and $5k is still more than I'm willing to spend ATM.
Old 11-23-2018, 01:25 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Aylmer, Quebec

I have the JVC RS2000 (NX7) PO'd to replace my RS400 so I can't wait! Pricey but well worth it for me.
Thanks given by:
Dirk504 (11-28-2018), DJR662 (11-23-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Projectors