Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74
20 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

The Banana Splits (Blu-ray)
$17.96
5 hrs ago
Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Child's Play (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Stand by Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
20 hrs ago
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Brightburn (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Flash: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #17161
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I see, so the bigger the company, the better off you should be? I understand some of these firms have been asking for higher contributions from their employees of late though, have you seen or heard any evidence of that?
If you keep talking about healthcare, I might have to report you to a moderator.

Oh,...

I'll show myself out.

Last edited by Vilya; Yesterday at 09:41 PM.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #17162
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
So where are we going with all this cost, everyone has their priorities. I Retired from a good company so my medical has been covered fairly well. As for Internet and IPTV, I pay over $75 but have FTTH. Fiber has been one of my top priorities when I saw the need for Bandwidth. Streaming Movies and TV Shows I think is the Future, and I Love It!
Streaming has been commonplace for years, so what's so futuristic about it other than the certainty of ever more price hikes from both streaming and internet service providers alike? You're welcome to it, but it will never be more than an occasional rental option for me.

There are vast numbers of titles in my collection that streaming and digital do not offer. 3D movies are just one example among many. Why would I ever deny myself so many great movies and shows across all regions and periods of cinematic history just for the mere convenience, lower quality, and limited selection offered by streaming and digital? I would never be so narrow minded, so arbitrary, and restrict myself to only those titles that the likes of Netflix and Vudu have to offer.

At my most generous, I can credit streaming with allowing me to sample content prior to making a purchase decision. Any content worth owning is worth buying as a real, tangible, higher quality physical release; a physical release that incurs a one-time cost and that usually includes the "convenient" digital copy, anyways.

Last edited by Vilya; Yesterday at 10:36 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM   #17163
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
If you keep talking about healthcare, I might have to report you to a moderator.

Oh,...

I'll show myself out.
Very good.
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #17164
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Did your company pay a large percentage of your healthcare insurance? I understand this is common in many states?
I don't know if it was by State so much, but it was California and the Company was Pacific Bell all under AT&T now. In those days Health Care was a big benefit, not so much anymore. So yes, my Health Care is covered pretty good.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #17165
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #17166
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
I don't know if it was by State so much, but it was California and the Company was Pacific Bell all under AT&T now. In those days Health Care was a big benefit, not so much anymore. So yes, my Health Care is covered pretty good.
It should be; you have been Medicare eligible for many years AND you have VA coverage, too.
Thanks given by:
alchav21 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #17167
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Best Buy CinemaNow, Flixster, Paramount Store, Sony Pictures Store, Target Ticket and the studios (UltraViolet) thought the same thing. But, like you, they were wrong. So some are going back to a newer version of pay TV, as in direct SVOD. Disney has already said that they estimate to be profitable by 2024. AFAIK, Warner (at&t) and Universal has not made any predictions.
Things shake out and only the strong survive, but Streaming is Streaming. I know you like to break everything down, but now we have Amazon, FN, Hulu, Netflix, Vudu, and many more other Streaming Providers. So Streaming is only getting stronger!
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #17168
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Things shake out and only the strong survive, but Streaming is Streaming. I know you like to break everything down, but now we have Amazon, FN, Hulu, Netflix, Vudu, and many more other Streaming Providers. So Streaming is only getting stronger!
More popular, maybe, but stronger? Streaming needs to be profitable for that to happen and it hasn't yet, especially with Netflix which is wading neck deep in red ink. All of those providers didn't go belly up because streaming was a sure bet; they failed because they lost money or missed expectations badly. You once praised Sony Ultra to the high heavens: where are they now? Gone, like so many others before them. Profit is the measure of success in business. While governments can operate in the red indefinitely, a business can not.

There will be more "shaking out" to come as the streaming market is about to get more crowded than ever before. Some are bound to fail as the supply will exceed the demand.

Last edited by Vilya; Today at 12:05 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology