Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
A Clockwork Orange 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.60
19 hrs ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$63.50

Children of the Corn 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.10
19 hrs ago
Old 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Transformers: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

A Quiet Place Part II 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.35
9 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-14-2019, 03:40 PM   #2901
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

There are only Dolby TrueHD 5.1 mixes on the 1080p Theatrical and Redux disc. There’s also a preserved original theatrical 5.1 mix via Dolby Digital 5.1 only on the theatrical 1080p.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:49 PM   #2902

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
There are only Dolby TrueHD 5.1 mixes on the 1080p Theatrical and Redux disc. There’s also a preserved original theatrical 5.1 mix via Dolby Digital 5.1 only on the theatrical 1080p.
Thank you
Old 09-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #2903
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010
Scotland

Received my copy from Zoom, arrived with a big crease right along the top of the cardboard case. Damn, why can’t SC use rigid cases like Arrow do with their limited editions? My Don’t Look Now 4K set arrived creased too, though not as bad as this one. It’s very annoying as they ain’t exactly cheap.

Last edited by Indiana Jonezzz...; 09-14-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #2904
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Denmark

Why! Is this seemingly sold out before it's even released...
Old 09-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #2905

Jul 2011
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroboy View Post
Why! Is this seemingly sold out before it's even released...
Looks like it’s back on Amazon
Thanks given by:
Nitroboy (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 06:52 PM   #2906
Power Member

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
I just received my Studio Canal edition.Not opened it yet,but it is in a hard bound case,not the j card of the Lionsgate edition.How sturdy the case is,I assume as sturdy as The Deer Hunter edition.I received it from Deff.com.
The Deer Hunter edition was not hard bound case it was a soft cardboard slipbox

If Apocalypse Now Final Cut collectors edition same packaging as The Deer Hunter then damage can easily happen in transit

StudioCanal rigid hard boxes was a few years ago with likes of The Third Man and The Man Who Fell to Earth limited edition releases
The Apocalypse Now collectors edition that was released in 2011 that was a hard cardboard slipbox

Last edited by paulboland; 09-14-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:03 PM   #2907
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2016

Finally watched the theatrical cut all the way through. Absolutely brilliant. The helicopter attack on the village and Do-lung bridge were definite highlights.

As for the Sampan scene, the new grading makes far more sense to me. Previous releases gave it a weirdly beautified look that didn't suit the horrific nature of the events being depicted. Now it looks like it should, gloomy and depressing, with the sun setting on a pointless display of imperialistic aggression that could have been easily avoided.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:27 PM   #2908

Sep 2019
NYC

This transfer is a pretty big upgrade over the previous Blu-ray. Considering that we get a new cut as well it’s like watching it for the first time. At least that’s how it felt on my C8. Redux was just too bloated. Better contrast, very nice highlights and really good delineation. The audio was always strong on this one but now we have a full assault on the senses. We can feel the horror of Vietnam in our living room.

It’s funny because the first time I watched this film, I was extremely bored. That could’ve been down to my younger age but I enjoyed Full Metal Jacket back then. Maybe it’s because I wasn’t able to understand Coppola’s vision. This movie isn’t so much about the plot as it is about soldiers descending into chaos and the war taking a toll on them. It is one of Coppola’s best along with The Godfather’s and Dracula.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:30 PM   #2909

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Cider View Post
I normally don't care about packaging, covers, slips or whatever but what where they thinking with this boxset? How am I supposed to close it again after opening it??

(US set)
It's a cheap digipack. It should have had a slipbox with it like other Digipacks releases.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:10 PM   #2910
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

So I just got a copy of this and I’ve reviewed both the Blu-ray and 4k discs and a pesky ADR error in the theatrical cut from the last Blu-Ray release (and I believe the Complete Dossier DVD too, I can’t remember) has reared its ugly head on this release:

In the theatrical version at the Do Lung bridge, they get their mail and leave Chief. Chief says “where are you going, Captain?” and in:

The theatrical version Willard says

"I gotta find somebody - I need some information.

And in the Redux cut Willard says:

“See if I can find some fuel - get some information.”

The Blu-ray that contains the theatrical cut actually has a restored theatrical audio option that is only available on the 1979 cut. The good news? The original line is on that audio track. The bad news? It is ONLY available on that audio track. The 1979/Redux 4k disc only has 1 audio track, a Dolby Atmos mix, and that mix contains the “fuel” version on the theatrical cut.

Even worse, the reason that line was changed is to set up the scene where they trade the fuel for sex with the Playboy Bunnies. Redux is the only version of the film with that scene, so both the theatrical version and the Final Cut version should have the “somebody” version. This modified line should ONLY exist on the Redux version. If you prefer to watch the 4k version then you’re out of luck in regards to the correct audio.

They wouldn’t even need to include an alternate audio track to account for this change if they wanted to fix it. If you can seamlessly branch entire scenes into the movie then you can seamlessly branch both versions of this line on the 4k disc.

I’m pretty sure there will be no recall or replacement disc because this error exists on 3 of the 4 movie discs in this set, and arguably could be corrected on other audio tracks on the the 1979/Redux Blu-Ray disc too.

Last edited by GuruAskew; 09-14-2019 at 11:20 PM.
Thanks given by:
Brian81 (09-15-2019), cartload (09-15-2019), cdth (06-02-2021), LordoftheRings (09-14-2019), OgamiittoMcJ (09-15-2019), trystero (04-03-2021)
Old 09-15-2019, 12:15 AM   #2911

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruAskew View Post
[Show spoiler]So I just got a copy of this and I’ve reviewed both the Blu-ray and 4k discs and a pesky ADR error in the theatrical cut from the last Blu-Ray release (and I believe the Complete Dossier DVD too, I can’t remember) has reared its ugly head on this release
:

In the theatrical version at the Do Lung bridge, they get their mail and leave Chief. Chief says “where are you going, Captain?” and in:

[Show spoiler]The theatrical version Willard says

The Blu-ray that contains the theatrical cut actually has a restored theatrical audio option that is only available on the 1979 cut. The good news? The original line is on that audio track. The bad news? It is ONLY available on that audio track. The 1979/Redux 4k disc only has 1 audio track, a Dolby Atmos mix, and that mix contains the “fuel” version on the theatrical cut.

Even worse, the reason that line was changed is to set up the scene where they trade the fuel for sex with the Playboy Bunnies. Redux is the only version of the film with that scene, so both the theatrical version and the Final Cut version should have the “somebody” version. This modified line should ONLY exist on the Redux version. If you prefer to watch the 4k version then you’re out of luck in regards to the correct audio.

They wouldn’t even need to include an alternate audio track to account for this change if they wanted to fix it. If you can seamlessly branch entire scenes into the movie then you can seamlessly branch both versions of this line on the 4k disc.

I’m pretty sure there will be no recall or replacement disc because this error exists on 3 of the 4 movie discs in this set, and arguably could be corrected on other audio tracks on the the 1979/Redux Blu-Ray disc too
Chef.
Thanks given by:
Kyle15 (09-15-2019), Weirded Wonder (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 01:27 AM   #2912
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
Chef.
No, Chief. When you “correct” someone with a mistake you look like a moron.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:03 AM   #2913
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Alabama

Quote:
No, Chief. When you “correct” someone with a mistake you look like a moron.
Uhhh wow this escalated fast
Old 09-15-2019, 04:05 AM   #2914
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Saturday Night Live is On ...
Old 09-15-2019, 04:45 AM   #2915
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
Uhhh wow this escalated fast
He tried to correct me and he was wrong. And you liked his wrong post.

There is a character named Chef in Apocalypse Now and there is a character named Chief in Apocalypse Now.
Thanks given by:
LordoftheRings (09-15-2019), OgamiittoMcJ (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 06:14 AM   #2916

May 2008

Just noticed HMV has a standard 3 disc version up for preorder, coming out on the 30th of this month for £19.99. If it has the theatrical version, I think I’m gonna hold out for that one.
Edit: just went back a few pages and saw this has been covered. That theatrical disc isn’t looking too likely on this one, is it?

Last edited by The Prowler; 09-15-2019 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:20 AM   #2917
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
He tried to correct me and he was wrong. And you liked his wrong post.

There is a character named Chef in Apocalypse Now and there is a character named Chief in Apocalypse Now.
Noe to mention, he wasn't even addressing the issue you posted, just trying to fix a mistake that wasn't a mistake. Kinda like a double fail.
Thanks given by:
GuruAskew (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #2918
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prowler View Post
Just noticed HMV has a standard 3 disc version up for preorder, coming out on the 30th of this month for £19.99. If it has the theatrical version, I think I’m gonna hold out for that one.
Edit: just went back a few pages and saw this has been covered. That theatrical disc isn’t looking too likely on this one, is it?
Nope, just Final Cut UHD/BD and one of the extras discs (assuming it's the new Hearts of Darkness + bonus extras). Australasia is getting the same nonsense, except the 6-disc is more like $80. It's all a bit of a joke when I got the US one from WowHD for $38
Thanks given by:
The Prowler (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 10:31 AM   #2919
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2016
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
Noe to mention, he wasn't even addressing the issue you posted, just trying to fix a mistake that wasn't a mistake. Kinda like a double fail.
Yeah, aren't people who just insist on correcting others over every little thing just so obnoxious?
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (09-15-2019), GuruAskew (09-15-2019), notops (09-16-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #2920

Nov 2018

And now this just makes me wonder all the more why they couldn't be bothered with putting the restored 1979 theatrical track on the 4K disc. That would have been a good enough "fix" for me.

Quote:
So I just got a copy of this and I’ve reviewed both the Blu-ray and 4k discs and a pesky ADR error in the theatrical cut from the last Blu-Ray release (and I believe the Complete Dossier DVD too, I can’t remember) has reared its ugly head on this release:

The theatrical version Willard says

I’m pretty sure there will be no recall or replacement disc because this error exists on 3 of the 4 movie discs in this set, and arguably could be corrected on other audio tracks on the the 1979/Redux Blu-Ray disc too.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies