Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Hugo 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$33.49
6 hrs ago
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.95
6 hrs ago
The Bourne Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$37.99
1 day ago
Inception 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99
 
The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99
1 day ago
1776 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.50
1 day ago
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99
 
Band of Brothers + The Pacific (Blu-ray)
$29.99
18 hrs ago
The Blues Brothers 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99
 
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$123.62
 
Avatar 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2021, 07:21 PM   #221
disneygeek98 disneygeek98 is offline
Senior Member
 
disneygeek98's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Maryland, USA
53
421
521
73
4
1
Default

Thank You so much for letting us know! That really is a HUGE disappointment that Make Mine Music is still censored after waiting so long for it to come to Blu-ray. I guess I’ll be keeping my Region 2 DVD forever then. I was really hoping that Disney would be aware that Make Mine Music wouldn’t sell many copies outside of collectors like us, but I’m sad that wasn’t the case.

I’m really happy to hear that Melody Time made it to Blu-ray great though!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jeremyparker84 (10-29-2021), WaltWiz1901 (10-30-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 07:23 PM   #222
Leviathan Leviathan is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2011
30
Default

This should be a cautionary tale against preorders. Disney already has your money, so it's too late to send a message.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Peter G. Keller (01-06-2022)
Old 10-29-2021, 07:24 PM   #223
DecibelGuy DecibelGuy is offline
Active Member
 
DecibelGuy's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Malta, Europe
66
966
312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Brainard View Post
Post 164 purportedly quotes a statement from a DMC representative starting that The Martins and Coys segment would be present. However, from the current reports, the disc is intentionally censored. Since the deletions of the DVD were duplicated in HD, this cannot be accidental. At this point, the DMC representatives need to go on the record. If it was their intention to distribute a censored version, then own it and be blunt about the matter of bowdlerizing the film. Frankly, a recall should be immediately made, but I have little doubt of that happening even though this is way worse than the overture screw-up on The Black Hole.
I am flabbergasted.

Why would they do this in 2021, especially when all signs were pointing to this release being uncensored!!??

And I was worrying about the DVNR!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-29-2021), Hammerlover (10-29-2021), Handman (11-04-2021), jeremyparker84 (10-29-2021), Peter G. Keller (01-06-2022), PeterAni (10-30-2021), SpazeBlue (12-03-2021), WaltWiz1901 (10-30-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 07:27 PM   #224
Dragon78 Dragon78 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2019
Default

Not surprised but still highly disappointed.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-29-2021), jeremyparker84 (10-29-2021), Peter G. Keller (01-06-2022)
Old 10-29-2021, 07:28 PM   #225
Ned Brainard Ned Brainard is online now
Special Member
 
Sep 2015
2
1490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeek98 View Post
Thank You so much for letting us know! That really is a HUGE disappointment that Make Mine Music is still censored after waiting so long for it to come to Blu-ray. I guess Iíll be keeping my Region 2 DVD forever then. I was really hoping that Disney would be aware that Make Mine Music wouldnít sell many copies outside of collectors like us, but Iím sad that wasnít the case.

Iím really happy to hear that Melody Time made it to Blu-ray great though!
That's the strange part about all of this. The people who are the most interested in this film are the enthusiasts and historians, and we want the film uncut. The Walmart soccer moms won't be buying this disc. For twenty years we've been asking Disney to remedy the unnecessary censorship, and all Disney has done is once again prove to us how tone deaf the company really is. At least be consistent. If Goofy and Pecos Bill can enjoy their drags again, why can't we get The Martins and Coys?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-29-2021), Dragon78 (10-29-2021), Hammerlover (10-29-2021), Handman (11-04-2021), jeremyparker84 (10-29-2021), kuzronk (10-30-2021), Peter G. Keller (01-06-2022), PrueFever (10-31-2021), SpazeBlue (12-03-2021), Tylerfan (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 07:33 PM   #226
hariseldon hariseldon is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-
178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
This should be a cautionary tale against preorders. Disney already has your money, so it's too late to send a message.
Louder message is doing a bunch of returns for defective items. DMC does have a decent return policy.

This is all assuming it's not a fixable replacement issue like The Black Hole
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dan_Shane (10-30-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 07:37 PM   #227
DecibelGuy DecibelGuy is offline
Active Member
 
DecibelGuy's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Malta, Europe
66
966
312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Louder message is doing a bunch of returns for defective items. DMC does have a decent return policy.

This is all assuming it's not a fixable replacement issue like The Black Hole
So DMC does replacement discs?

Honestly, I never expected this. Disney seemed to have changed courses re censorship these last few years. I really have to wonder if whoever authored the disc didn't accidentally include the censored HD master rather than the uncensored one.

Can it possibly be a super careless mistake for a release Disney thinks very few will care about?

It just doesn't make sense!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 07:55 PM   #228
hariseldon hariseldon is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-
178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecibelGuy View Post
So DMC does replacement discs?

Honestly, I never expected this. Disney seemed to have changed courses re censorship these last few years. I really have to wonder if whoever authored the disc didn't accidentally include the censored HD master rather than the uncensored one.

Can it possibly be a super careless mistake for a release Disney thinks very few will care about?

It just doesn't make sense!
DMC replaced the misencoded Black Hole disc so it's not out of the realm. Disney has replaced a few other discs over the years that weren't exclusives

I also doubt this was a complete careless mistake, but I guess there is a possibility something got missed between the beginning and end -- always a chance.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 08:15 PM   #229
klauswhereareyou klauswhereareyou is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
klauswhereareyou's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
123
1765
Default

Guess I can save my 100 bucks I was going to spend ordering this with some other titles from them. Make Mine Music being uncensored (at the very least including the missing sequence) was what was going to get me to finally put in an order with the DMC for the first time in a couple of years. Not now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:41 PM   #230
jeremyparker84 jeremyparker84 is offline
Expert Member
 
jeremyparker84's Avatar
 
Oct 2016
60
Default

Case Photos:



And to follow up on my post from 4-7-17,
"Waiting is the hardest part...."
Quote:
....so I made my own haha. The Final Five! (dvds and trimmed cover art in blu cases) At least they look better on my shelves next to the rest of my collection than in the dvd cases. This will hold me over til their actual blu-ray release, if ever


[Show spoiler]

...Waiting is (almost) worth it....
(maybe we'll get an uncut MMM in the future, I like that they're all on the shelf for now!)

[Show spoiler]
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-29-2021), gwfb5 (11-02-2021), Handman (11-04-2021), KingWoftam (01-31-2022), Mr. Explorer (11-01-2021), PrueFever (11-01-2021), SpazeBlue (12-03-2021), WaltWiz1901 (10-30-2021), whiteberry (10-30-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 08:58 PM   #231
DawnShadow DawnShadow is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2014
90
835
181
1
158
Default

The huge amount of people that support flat out lied to and said that the 9 segments blurb was an error is grounds for a return as a defective product and also implies that the disc is missing intended content (according to their own employees) and should be eligible for a replacement program. They replaced The Black Hole due to customer complaints so there’s no harm in trying the same thing here.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-29-2021), Hammerlover (10-30-2021), Handman (11-04-2021), jeremyparker84 (10-29-2021), Nailwraps (11-01-2021), Peter G. Keller (01-06-2022), PeterAni (10-30-2021), SpazeBlue (12-03-2021), WaltWiz1901 (10-30-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 09:34 PM   #232
disneygeek98 disneygeek98 is offline
Senior Member
 
disneygeek98's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Maryland, USA
53
421
521
73
4
1
Default

I can’t be the only one to find it ironic that they put a Content Advisory notice on the back of the Make Mine Music case yet still censor the film! I also really hope that they will offer a replacement disc program for this. They have absolutely no excuse not to as it’s obvious that the only people who would know about a replacement program would be adult collectors like us and not soccer Moms buying this for Elementary School kids to watch.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
akaun6899 (10-29-2021), Hammerlover (10-30-2021), Handman (11-04-2021), jeremyparker84 (10-29-2021), KingOfTheBeasties (11-08-2021), kuzronk (10-30-2021), nateynate87 (10-31-2021), Peter G. Keller (01-06-2022), PeterAni (10-31-2021), PrueFever (11-01-2021), SonictheHedgehog1337 (10-29-2021), SpazeBlue (12-03-2021), Tylerfan (10-29-2021), WaltWiz1901 (10-30-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 10:24 PM   #233
Hardback247 Hardback247 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Mar 2013
4
Default

Does anyone have a rip of the HD version from Australia?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 12:32 AM   #234
Ned Brainard Ned Brainard is online now
Special Member
 
Sep 2015
2
1490
Default

I had been thinking of joining the DMC to get some of their newly released exclusives. I may still do that since Melody Time did manage to get out unbutchered. Still, the fact that somebody went to the trouble to conform a new HD master of Make Mine Music to the censored 2000 DVD is disturbing. Why? Especially in the light of the fact that Melody Time and Saludos Amigos have had their censored bits reinstated for their blu releases. For that matter, even Dumbo and Peter Pan have never had to suffer that type of indignity.

At this point I would suggest
A. If you have pre-ordered Make Mine Music, return the disc on the basis that it is defective because the movie is incomplete. Suggest a recall for the purpose of reinstating the Martins and Coys segment and the censored portion of All the Cats Join In.
B. Contact DMC/Disney directly about the issue. At the least, Disney should go on the record about their intentions concerning this release. If they wanted it censored, then be up front and honest about it. If it is a mistake (maybe a low-end staffer erroneously thought that it had to conform to the DVD), then admit it and put into motion an immediate recall.

For those of you who remember The Black Hole recall, how was Disney alerted about the issue? What forms of contact were used?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-30-2021), FilmFreakosaurus (10-30-2021), Handman (11-04-2021), Nailwraps (11-01-2021), Prompto (11-03-2021), PrueFever (11-01-2021), SpazeBlue (12-04-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 12:44 AM   #235
Leviathan Leviathan is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2011
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Brainard View Post
I had been thinking of joining the DMC to get some of their newly released exclusives. I may still do that since Melody Time did manage to get out unbutchered. Still, the fact that somebody went to the trouble to conform a new HD master of Make Mine Music to the censored 2000 DVD is disturbing. Why? Especially in the light of the fact that Melody Time and Saludos Amigos have had their censored bits reinstated for their blu releases. For that matter, even Dumbo and Peter Pan have never had to suffer that type of indignity.
They also created a censored HD master for Saludos Amigos. That was the version on Disney+ for like a year, then they replaced it with the uncut version.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 12:46 AM   #236
Ned Brainard Ned Brainard is online now
Special Member
 
Sep 2015
2
1490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
They also created a censored HD master for Saludos Amigos. That was the version on Disney+ for like a year, then they replaced it with the uncut version.
One step forward, one step backwards. We all know that Goofy has always wanted to be Joe Camel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 01:02 AM   #237
PeterAni PeterAni is offline
Active Member
 
PeterAni's Avatar
 
Feb 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnShadow View Post
The huge amount of people that support flat out lied to and said that the 9 segments blurb was an error is grounds for a return as a defective product and also implies that the disc is missing intended content (according to their own employees) and should be eligible for a replacement program. They replaced The Black Hole due to customer complaints so there’s no harm in trying the same thing here.
Can't believe it's still censored, all that wait for nothing. The fact these are SUPPOSED to be the last Walt-era Disney Animated Canon blu-rays angers me completely. I hate being lied to by an company who thinks about money and nothing else. That's Di$ney for ya. Never supporting their pathetic Disney Movie Club again. I signed out of the club because of this. This isn't 2000, it's 2021 and they used 2000 masters touched up with DNR? Disgusting.

Last edited by PeterAni; 10-30-2021 at 01:15 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 01:28 AM   #238
BluBonnet BluBonnet is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
BluBonnet's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klauswhereareyou View Post
Guess I can save my 100 bucks I was going to spend ordering this with some other titles from them. Make Mine Music being uncensored (at the very least including the missing sequence) was what was going to get me to finally put in an order with the DMC for the first time in a couple of years. Not now.
I'm in the same boat.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
PeterAni (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 01:58 AM   #239
PeterAni PeterAni is offline
Active Member
 
PeterAni's Avatar
 
Feb 2020
Default

I'd be renaming MMM's opening title from "A Musical Fantasy" to "A Overture Disaster in Nine Parts" regarding censorship and DNR, but seriously I also emailed them. For extra impact contact them on Facebook as well. I highly doubt they care, though.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-30-2021), Hammerlover (10-30-2021), Handman (11-04-2021), Peter G. Keller (01-06-2022), PrueFever (10-31-2021), WaltWiz1901 (10-31-2021), WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW (10-30-2021), WonkaBedknobs83 (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 02:13 AM   #240
fulano7 fulano7 is offline
Banned
 
Feb 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Brainard View Post
Post 164 purportedly quotes a statement from a DMC representative starting that The Martins and Coys segment would be present. However, from the current reports, the disc is intentionally censored. Since the deletions of the DVD were duplicated in HD, this cannot be accidental. At this point, the DMC representatives need to go on the record. If it was their intention to distribute a censored version, then own it and be blunt about the matter of bowdlerizing the film. Frankly, a recall should be immediately made, but I have little doubt of that happening even though this is way worse than the overture screw-up on The Black Hole.
Well, given that there were explicit statements regarding "The Martin and The Coys" segment being present... I think ideally everyone who purchased should return their copies...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (10-30-2021), FilmFreakosaurus (10-30-2021), Hammerlover (10-30-2021), Handman (11-04-2021), Peter G. Keller (01-06-2022), PeterAni (10-30-2021), WaltWiz1901 (10-31-2021), WonkaBedknobs83 (10-30-2021)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
disney, make mine music, melody time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:24 PM.