Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Doctor Who: The Collection - Season 24 (Blu-ray)
£28.85
 
The Maltese Falcon 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99
 
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£54.99
1 hr ago
The Super Mario Bros. Movie (Blu-ray)
£9.99
 
Renfield (Blu-ray)
£9.99
 
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
£19.75
 
Evil Dead Rise (Blu-ray)
£9.99
 
Scream VI (Blu-ray)
£9.99
 
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.98
1 hr ago
The Super Mario Bros. Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99
 
Doctor Who: The Collection - Season 14 (Blu-ray)
£32.99
 
Doctor Who: The Collection - Season 26 (Blu-ray)
£30.02
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #1001
demiscy demiscy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demiscy's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Nicosia, CY (EU)
2
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayls89 View Post
Hi, does anybody know if the 3 lord of the rings films have individual slip covers (or ever did/will) because i would rather buy them seperate than in the box set, but only if they have slip covers..? Thanks, Jay
Canada was the only country that had slips on the individual releases
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #1002
thewerepuppygrr thewerepuppygrr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
thewerepuppygrr's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
England
9
915
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
I picked up Little Miss Sunshine with a very good condition slip, pre-owned at GAME for 5. Not bad I thought.
Awesome! I'm still looking for that one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #1003
scott87 scott87 is offline
Special Member
 
scott87's Avatar
 
May 2007
England
31
247
3
Default

Has anyone got a lost season 4 slip for sale
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #1004
Corny Collins Corny Collins is offline
Expert Member
 
Corny Collins's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
US
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil92 View Post
27/12/10:
Scott Pilgrim
Last Exorcism

Can confirm both come with slips.
Thank you! How about Jonah Hex? Is it confirmed to come with one?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #1005
Corny Collins Corny Collins is offline
Expert Member
 
Corny Collins's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
US
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corny Collins View Post
Thank you! How about Jonah Hex? Is it confirmed to come with one?
OK, it doesn't seem to. Just found this picture on eBay. Some might find it helpful as well.

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #1006
Tdonnelly3 Tdonnelly3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Tdonnelly3's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
England
9
267
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corny Collins View Post
OK, it doesn't seem to. Just found this picture on eBay. Some might find it helpful as well.

The ones i saw in hmv today didnt have slips either if that helps
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #1007
Tdonnelly3 Tdonnelly3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Tdonnelly3's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
England
9
267
3
Default

Does anybody know if Che part 1 and 2 come with (or originally did have) slipcovers?

I have seen part 1 and 2 together with a slip but was looking to buy them seperately
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #1008
mckee74 mckee74 is offline
Special Member
 
mckee74's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
281
1200
436
583
1009
210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdonnelly3 View Post
Does anybody know if Che part 1 and 2 come with (or originally did have) slipcovers?

I have seen part 1 and 2 together with a slip but was looking to buy them seperately
I too have only seen them in a slipbox as the collection. I'm certain the individual releases did not come with slips.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #1009
thewerepuppygrr thewerepuppygrr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
thewerepuppygrr's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
England
9
915
3
Talking

Sorry this is late again! Here are the slipcovers/boxes from the last month that have been confirmed:

(29/11/10)

Sex and the City 2
Splice
Cats & Dogs Double Pack
Downton Abbey S1


(06/12/10)

Inception
Alice In Wonderland (2010) 3D
Shrek: The Whole Story
Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue
Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue - HMV Exclusive


(13/12/10)

The Expendables
Knight and Day
Battle Royale - Limited Edition
A Bay of Blood


(20/12/10)
None that I know of!


This Week's:
(27/12/10)
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World/Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz - Box Set
The Last Exorcism
Family Guy Presents: It's a Trap!
Family Guy Presents: It's a Trap! - Limited Edition
Family Guy Trilogy: Laugh It Up Fuzzball


If you know of any others, let me know and I'll add 'em. Thanks for the tips for this list, guys. Hope you all had an awesome Christmas! *

Last edited by thewerepuppygrr; 12-29-2010 at 12:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #1010
demiscy demiscy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demiscy's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Nicosia, CY (EU)
2
31
Default

SPEED RACER UK BD SLIPCOVER (yes 10.99 euro)


Last edited by demiscy; 12-28-2010 at 11:53 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #1011
bwatt99 bwatt99 is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2010
529
4513
8
Default

Hi guys back in mid dec i placed an order for Seagal Triple Pack Box Set: Driven To Kill / The Keeper / Born To Raise Hell (3 Discs) (Blu-ray and arnold schwarzenegger box set which had been on offer from play.com for an amazing price.
Due to the bad weather etc they did not arrive until just before xmas the arnold was sealed and came with slipcover but the segal set was not sealed and weird did not have a slipcover,does this title not have one then?I am sure i have seen this with a slipcover and normally boxsets do,i just wonder as it was on a offer they just took there chance and sent me it anyway without the slipcover and also not sealed,i would hate to know it was supposed to have one and its not come with one,they do still have them on there site but at a much higher price,but if they are supposed to have a slipcover then i should send it back right?

I just need to know if its supposed to have the slipcover as would hate to waste time and money sending it back to find the other one they sent me has none also,and has this been out long as what would my chances be of getting one with a slipcover,i think most box sets always come with them right?
Some feedback on this would be good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #1012
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
229
3328
2172
9
Default

Were there individual cases or just a Amarary with three discs inside? A similar thing happend with American Dad S5 DVD the one on offer doesn't have a slip in HMV and the slipcase one is more expensive sitting right next to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #1013
Tdonnelly3 Tdonnelly3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Tdonnelly3's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
England
9
267
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Were there individual cases or just a Amarary with three discs inside? A similar thing happend with American Dad S5 DVD the one on offer doesn't have a slip in HMV and the slipcase one is more expensive sitting right next to it.
Hmv are good at that, a couple of weeks ago i noticed they had princess and the frog in their 2 for 25 priced up at 14.99 but in the normal bluray section they had it priced up at 24.99 with a slipcover

The same bluray with the same catalogue number, you just take it to the till and they sort it out, most of the time its down to having the dearer item in stock before the offer starts

Last edited by Tdonnelly3; 12-28-2010 at 02:09 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #1014
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
229
3328
2172
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdonnelly3 View Post
Hmv are good at that, a couple of weeks ago i noticed they had princess and the frog in their 2 for 25 priced up at 14.99 but in the normal bluray section they had it priced up at 24.99 with a slipcover

The same bluray with the same catalogue number, you just take it to the till and they sort it out, most of the time its down to having the dearer item in stock before the offer starts
That's good advice mate I was burnt the same way with BSG S4 the one on offer had two full size cases in the slipcase and the original 3 slims, it spoils my entire BSG collection now as it doesn't match. I was tempted to ask if I could have the more expensive one but didn't. I wish I did now as the staff in HMV are vey helpful and more often than not go out of their way to help. If I see American Dad there next time I think I'll ask. Doesn't hurt to try...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #1015
bwatt99 bwatt99 is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2010
529
4513
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Were there individual cases or just a Amarary with three discs inside? A similar thing happend with American Dad S5 DVD the one on offer doesn't have a slip in HMV and the slipcase one is more expensive sitting right next to it.
Its got the 3 discs in one case,the arnold 3 disc came with slipcase and i have seen a pic somewhere of the steven seagal one with the slipcase so would this just be an odd one i got that might have been a return from someone,as most boxsets come with a slipcase/sleeve these days and this one does look as if its missing and it had not been sealed
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #1016
Tech-UK Tech-UK is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Tech-UK's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
UK
91
114
1000
19
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatt99 View Post
Its got the 3 discs in one case,the arnold 3 disc came with slipcase and i have seen a pic somewhere of the steven seagal one with the slipcase so would this just be an odd one i got that might have been a return from someone,as most boxsets come with a slipcase/sleeve these days and this one does look as if its missing and it had not been sealed
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Seaga...Blu-ray/10235/

From looking at this image, a slipbox should of been included. Are you sure that you were buying a new copy? Could you provide a link, from where you purchased it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #1017
bwatt99 bwatt99 is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2010
529
4513
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-UK View Post
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Seaga...Blu-ray/10235/

From looking at this image, a slipbox should of been included. Are you sure that you were buying a new copy? Could you provide a link, from where you purchased it.
Yes was new was from play.com they had a few box set editions at a very low price for a week or two and amazon i think also matched it sometime after and its back upto double the price now,but regardless if i had got it for less or not should still be new and sealed and complete with slipcase as it was only an offer they had which they do on many stuff from time to time
Was purchased from play and not playtrade
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #1018
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
229
3328
2172
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatt99 View Post
Yes was new was from play.com they had a few box set editions at a very low price for a week or two and amazon i think also matched it sometime after and its back upto double the price now,but regardless if i had got it for less or not should still be new and sealed and complete with slipcase as it was only an offer they had which they do on many stuff from time to time
Was purchased from play and not playtrade
I've looked on ebay and they don't have any pictures of the set just generic art. It does look like it should have had a slip. Contact Play's customer service and ask them, also check the discs to see if they have any finger prints on them then you know'll it's returned stock. The big man's films are quite popular though and you might just have been unlucky to have had one after the slip run had finished. It should have been sealed though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #1019
bwatt99 bwatt99 is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2010
529
4513
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I've looked on ebay and they don't have any pictures of the set just generic art. It does look like it should have had a slip. Contact Play's customer service and ask them, also check the discs to see if they have any finger prints on them then you know'll it's returned stock. The big man's films are quite popular though and you might just have been unlucky to have had one after the slip run had finished. It should have been sealed though.
so i wonder if i sent it back i would get the item with a slipcase or you reckon its no longer available with this item now,surely it being a box set as such it would always have one
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #1020
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
229
3328
2172
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatt99 View Post
so i wonder if i sent it back i would get the item with a slipcase or you reckon its no longer available with this item now,surely it being a box set as such it would always have one
It's a lottery with some of the more popular titles, but it does seem odd that it did not have one, certain titles change over time from a limited run steel slip cases (Star Trek TOS) to normal slipcovers. Frustrating as it may be the copy next to yours might have had a slip. It is possible it is a returned item and the returnee kept the slip.

If you go to a lot of HMV's you can see the timeline of products from large digipacks to a small slipcase with slimcases it's a pain sometimes as people like different things.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Case of the Naked Blu-ray!! The Slipcover debacle Thread General Chat Mystique 368 03-22-2021 12:38 PM
Blu-ray Slipcover Discussion Thread Part One (Archived) Slipcovers bunny1005 50024 02-25-2011 10:42 PM
First thread!!! How many use a dedicated pre/pro or something else as a prepro Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems prerich 101 10-14-2010 07:00 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 PM.