Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$93.59
9 hrs ago
Maniac 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.20
4 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Tokyo Godfathers (Blu-ray)
$22.45
7 hrs ago
Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Blu-ray)
$27.99
14 hrs ago
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

True Grit (Blu-ray)
$5.00

Bombshell (Blu-ray)
$17.36
57 min ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00

Dark Waters (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Jumanji: The Next Level 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.25
4 hrs ago
Frozen II 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Food and Beverage

Old 12-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
Banned

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©
Default The Fine Dining/Michelin thread

So this is a bit risky. Not sure how many members on here enjoy or eat regularly at either Michelin* eateries or decent gastropubs?

If so, then maybe add some recommendations and/or pics?

Cheers in advance.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_FORCE View Post
So this is a bit risky. Not sure how many members on here enjoy or eat regularly at either Michelin* eateries or decent gastropubs?

If so, then maybe add some recommendations and/or pics?

Cheers in advance.
Gastropubs sure,Never eaten in a Michelin restaurant to date,I have thought about giving it a shot but I do love good wholesome,home style grub that isn't shy on portions.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (12-16-2019), THE_FORCE (12-11-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 07:46 AM   #3
Banned

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Gastropubs sure,Never eaten in a Michelin restaurant to date,I have thought about giving it a shot but I do love good wholesome,home style grub that isn't shy on portions.
You should try it Bullitt if you get a chance.

I think, for many people, they look at portion sizes on each individual plate of a tasting menu and envisage that it won’t fill them up and they’d be right. Multiply that amount of food by anywhere from 6 to 20+ courses and you’d be hard pressed to go home hungry lol.

I’ve left restaurants early before, Michelin* included, because I literally couldn’t eat another thing!

My love of food ranges from baked beans on toast to molecular gastronomy. I do enjoy tasting menus as they give me a chance to experience foodstuffs, ingredients and flavour combinations that I would never be able to replicate at home, and each chef/restaurant is unique.

Other times I yearn for a big plate of comfort food that’s been well executed.

I am a bit picky about where I eat though...decent gastropubs and restaurants do have a higher probability of rating better on the food hygiene scale than some generic diner where the people don’t really care about the food they’re serving up.
Thanks given by:
Bullitt (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
You should try it Bullitt if you get a chance.

I think, for many people, they look at portion sizes on each individual plate of a tasting menu and envisage that it wonít fill them up and theyíd be right. Multiply that amount of food by anywhere from 6 to 20+ courses and youíd be hard pressed to go home hungry lol.

Iíve left restaurants early before, Michelin* included, because I literally couldnít eat another thing!

My love of food ranges from baked beans on toast to molecular gastronomy. I do enjoy tasting menus as they give me a chance to experience foodstuffs, ingredients and flavour combinations that I would never be able to replicate at home, and each chef/restaurant is unique.

Other times I yearn for a big plate of comfort food thatís been well executed.

I am a bit picky about where I eat though...decent gastropubs and restaurants do have a higher probability of rating better on the food hygiene scale than some generic diner where the people donít really care about the food theyíre serving up.
I have looked at the tasting menu at OX in Belfast where there are now three Michelin starred restaurants.
Yes,I agree,I think there seems to be a misconception that you won't be full but the many courses I'm sure would be ampul.

I think just sometimes it sounds a bit too fancy for my liking and while one thing sounds great,it's topped with something I don't fancy at all.
Thanks given by:
THE_FORCE (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #5
Banned

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
I have looked at the tasting menu at OX in Belfast where there are now three Michelin starred restaurants.
Yes,I agree,I think there seems to be a misconception that you won't be full but the many courses I'm sure would be ampul.

I think just sometimes it sounds a bit too fancy for my liking and while one thing sounds great,it's topped with something I don't fancy at all.
Most places I visit will happily change the tasting menu to suit if you notify them in advance. I donít eat offal and my partner wonít eat seafood so they give us an alternative, usually vegetarian course, or something that the kitchen has created as a special.

I used to feel cheeky asking, but it seems to be the norm now.
There are places that I wonít visit though as they categorically wonít cater for individual requirements which is a shame. :/

Iím just off to have a butchers at Ox in Belfast. Cheers for the heads up! (Could do the Titanic exhibition too lol)
Thanks given by:
Bullitt (12-15-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
Most places I visit will happily change the tasting menu to suit if you notify them in advance. I donít eat offal and my partner wonít eat seafood so they give us an alternative, usually vegetarian course, or something that the kitchen has created as a special.

I used to feel cheeky asking, but it seems to be the norm now.
There are places that I wonít visit though as they categorically wonít cater for individual requirements which is a shame. :/

Iím just off to have a butchers at Ox in Belfast. Cheers for the heads up! (Could do the Titanic exhibition too lol)
Get on it Force.
OX is close to Titanic but as for food,Belfast has some great restaurants now.

James St South,Eipic,Tedfords,Holohans pantry/barge to name but a few.
Ya definitely won't be stuck for good food here.
Thanks given by:
THE_FORCE (12-15-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Food and Beverage