Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Death Note: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$14.96
10 hrs ago
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
4 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
6 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
6 hrs ago
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49

Spider-Man Limited Edition 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.71
17 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
16 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 12-11-2019, 02:48 AM   #16921
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokie56 View Post
I mean people can say whatever they want for the item type, I always read what the seller says is in the item, better safe. eBay has never done anything on that end to police those listings. That being said there are sometimes people do legitimately sell "new" stripped releases, in the sense that they never had anything other than a bluray disc in them.

Walmart sells a lot of those, and I'm sure other places have them to.
According to eBay's listing descriptions:

Brand New: An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer’s sealing
Old 12-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #16922
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
Listings are getting labeled incorrectly and it's just plain wrong.

eBay should remove all these listings.

This is NOT Brand New!

Brand new is considered UNOPENED, still in the wrapper, untouched!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Once-Upon-A...Condition=1000
It should say New (Other) IMO, not Brand New.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (12-14-2019), Leonidas_King (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #16923
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009
Columbia, MO

I list those as LIKE NEW in the tab, but in the comments I'll put Brand new item, opened but not watched.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #16924

Nov 2015

I’m paying tax now on eBay and its killing my good cheap deals. Nice while it lasted.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #16925
Special Member

Apr 2008

Welcome to the TAX Party.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:25 PM   #16926
Expert Member

Dec 2017
Vermont

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
It should say New (Other) IMO, not Brand New.
IMO they shouldn't even be listed as new.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:25 AM   #16927
Blu-ray Duke

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
IMO they shouldn't even be listed as new.
I agree. Once the shrink wrap has been removed, it is no longer new. Even if you never took the discs out. If I buy something new, I expect it to be unopened.
Thanks given by:
SuperFlyHighGuy (12-15-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 02:01 AM   #16928
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

LOTS of people selling opened items and categorizing it as “Brand New”. Hate it.
Thanks given by:
MovieMode (12-12-2019), ThePreacher (12-12-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 06:35 AM   #16929
Special Member

Dec 2017
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
LOTS of people selling opened items and categorizing it as “Brand New”. Hate it.
Same here. Drives me absolutely nuts. I've almost accidentally bought a listing thinking it was brand new because it was listed as brand new. Only brand new and sealed items should be listed in the category (slight tears of course are okay, just not "I took off the cellophane for a second to slide the digital code out" tears and removals). And there's no real report option for it otherwise I'd gladly report every single one for incorrect condition or w/e. It gets old and it's super misleading.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #16930
Special Member

Nov 2015
Region 1

You guys are looking at it the wrong way. You can easily file a claim and win against any of these sellers because they're misrepresenting the condition of the movie.
Thanks given by:
ArchiTech (01-10-2020)
Old 12-12-2019, 01:50 PM   #16931
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
You guys are looking at it the wrong way. You can easily file a claim and win against any of these sellers because they're misrepresenting the condition of the movie.
It would be interesting to see if eBay sides against the seller if it's marked as brand new but the actual written description is clear. It's just a bit of a hassle to buy it and then complain and do all of that process in order to find out.

But if somebody wants to, you should totally let us know how that works out.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #16932
Special Member

Nov 2015
Region 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFanAttic View Post
It would be interesting to see if eBay sides against the seller if it's marked as brand new but the actual written description is clear. It's just a bit of a hassle to buy it and then complain and do all of that process in order to find out.

But if somebody wants to, you should totally let us know how that works out.
Well, I wasn't suggesting trying to defraud the seller and get the movie free. I meant it more in the way that there's an easy basis for a claim if anything else was wrong.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:49 AM   #16933
Blu-ray Duke

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
-
-
-

I just recently ordered a copy of Dora and the Lost City of Gold with slip for $12 + free shipping. It says in like new condition and it even says right in the listing that it includes everything but the digital code. In the listing, it says Dora And The Lost City Of Gold (Blu-Ray/DVD, Slip Cover) FREE Ship, No Digital. I'm fine with the digital code not being included. I wouldn't use it anyway and I got the movie cheaper than what other retailers are charging for it. This is what the description says...
Dora And The Lost City Of Gold (Blu-Ray/DVD, Slip Cover) FREE Ship, No Digital. Condition is Like New. Shipped with USPS Media Mail.

This item is essentially brand new as it was opened only for the removal of the digital code. The discs have never left their package.

As I said, it was listed as like new and not new. This is what sellers need to do if they're selling opened movies. I'm perfectly fine with this.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (12-14-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 11:43 PM   #16934
Power Member

Oct 2012
Northeastern Pennsylvania

I dunno if this is the place for this, but could use some suggestions

bought Captain America 4K on ebay. It shipped out from IL on the 6th, hit Pittsburgh on the 7th (I'm on the other side of PA about 7 hours away), and its said "In Transition to Next Facility" for the next 4 days until it stopped updating all together. Looks like its lost somewhere. I opened an inquiry a few days ago, but heard nothing.

anyone have this experience? it's not the sellers fault, but def annoying
Old 12-14-2019, 03:35 AM   #16935
Expert Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUgrass View Post
I dunno if this is the place for this, but could use some suggestions

bought Captain America 4K on ebay. It shipped out from IL on the 6th, hit Pittsburgh on the 7th (I'm on the other side of PA about 7 hours away), and its said "In Transition to Next Facility" for the next 4 days until it stopped updating all together. Looks like its lost somewhere. I opened an inquiry a few days ago, but heard nothing.

anyone have this experience? it's not the sellers fault, but def annoying
I've dealt with this crap the past couple of months specifically with Media Mail items coming through Chicago. Since September they may take three weeks. If it is Media Mail I think they get backed up and throw those to the side to deal with everything else, specifically this time of year. It's just a guess, though. I've still been getting them. I wouldn't worry yet.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:27 PM   #16936
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Endgame 4K New $11.99 OBO, 2 left

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-En...Condition=1000
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (12-16-2019)
Old 12-16-2019, 03:23 AM   #16937
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbamoo View Post
I’m paying tax now on eBay and its killing my good cheap deals. Nice while it lasted.
I guess it depends which state is involved in the selling. Out of my past three purchases, I've only had to pay tax on one of them.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before everyone is taxed.

ETA: (posted in January 2019):

"Based on applicable tax laws, eBay will calculate, collect, and remit sales tax on behalf of sellers for items shipped to customers in the following states,” it wrote on its help pages, and listed the following 8 states along with the dates it would comply: Minnesota, Washington, Iowa, Connecticut, New Jersey, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania.

According to the help page, “Once eBay starts to collect tax in the above states, no action is required on your part, and there will be no charges or fees for eBay automatically calculating, collecting and remitting sales tax. The collection process will apply to all sales, whether the seller is located in or outside of the United States.”
Thanks given by:
SuperFlyHighGuy (12-16-2019)
Old 12-16-2019, 05:14 AM   #16938
Special Member

Dec 2017
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastCreatureTrapper View Post
I guess it depends which state is involved in the selling. Out of my past three purchases, I've only had to pay tax on one of them.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before everyone is taxed.

ETA: (posted in January 2019):

"Based on applicable tax laws, eBay will calculate, collect, and remit sales tax on behalf of sellers for items shipped to customers in the following states,” it wrote on its help pages, and listed the following 8 states along with the dates it would comply: Minnesota, Washington, Iowa, Connecticut, New Jersey, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania.

According to the help page, “Once eBay starts to collect tax in the above states, no action is required on your part, and there will be no charges or fees for eBay automatically calculating, collecting and remitting sales tax. The collection process will apply to all sales, whether the seller is located in or outside of the United States.”
Sadly, everyone in a US state will be taxed soon on all online platforms except for probably tax exempt states. I got a notification from Mercari and other states will be joining in on the tax collecting coming I think some time in 2020? Maybe January? I'm not sure if it's all quite yet but many are in response to the South Dakota vs Wayfair decision
Old 12-16-2019, 05:15 AM   #16939
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by reputation View Post
Sadly, everyone in a US state will be taxed soon on all online platforms except for probably tax exempt states. I got a notification from Mercari and other states will be joining in on the tax collecting coming I think some time in 2020? Maybe January? I'm not sure if it's all quite yet but many are in response to the South Dakota vs Wayfair decision
Well, I think that's just poop from the butt of a bull!
Thanks given by:
bigjim25 (12-16-2019)
Old 12-16-2019, 12:22 PM   #16940

Mar 2018
Crooklyn

#ThanksTrump
Thanks given by:
Gunsnroses092789 (12-16-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals