Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Columbo: The Complete Series (DVD)
$28.99

Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate Collection (DVD)
$29.99

Monk: The Complete Series (DVD)
$28.99

Parks and Recreation: The Complete Series (DVD)
$28.99

The Great Escape (DVD)
$29.49

Ray Donovan: Season Six (DVD)
$17.31

Doctor Who: The Matt Smith Collection (DVD)
$14.99

The Nanny: The Complete Series (DVD)
$62.87

Little Women (DVD)
$17.95
6 hrs ago
Will Ferrell 3-Movie Collection: The Other Guys / Step Brothers / Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (DVD)
$5.96
3 hrs ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (DVD)
$17.96
16 hrs ago
Hallmark 2-Movie Collection (DVD)
$10.29

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 12-13-2018, 03:23 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010
Default Sonic Boom compilation disc coming in March

Saw this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3C9KJKSF2SS25M

And I feel conflicted. On the one hand, it’s cool to finally have some of this show available on disc in the U.S. (even if it is just DVD and not Blu-ray), but on the other hand... why not just release season sets, or a complete series set??
Old 12-13-2018, 05:19 AM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Saw this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3C9KJKSF2SS25M

And I feel conflicted. On the one hand, it’s cool to finally have some of this show available on disc in the U.S. (even if it is just DVD and not Blu-ray), but on the other hand... why not just release season sets, or a complete series set??
Yo-Kai Watch is also kickin' it old school with a single volume DVD release coming next year. Kids and their parents are probably the only physical media purchasing consumers who are still willing to buy single volumes.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Funny thing about single-volume DVDs like that, is that I can’t imagine anyone wanting that over a season or a whole series.

Even when I was a little kid (and was “supposed” to be ok with those I guess?) I thought they were dumb as hell. It’s why I never asked for those “Best of The Muppet Show” DVDs and was holding out hope for season sets. I always thought that the SpongeBob single volumes were stupid too.

The only time I’ll buy something like this is when there’s no season set available. (Ironically enough, I did get those Best of The Muppet Show discs for the seasons 4 and 5 episodes lol).
Old 12-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

Maybe they're unsure of how well it might do and want to test the market with a single volume?

Meanwhile, there's now an entry here if anyone needs it:
Old 12-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Funny thing about single-volume DVDs like that, is that I can’t imagine anyone wanting that over a season or a whole series.

Even when I was a little kid (and was “supposed” to be ok with those I guess?) I thought they were dumb as hell. It’s why I never asked for those “Best of The Muppet Show” DVDs and was holding out hope for season sets. I always thought that the SpongeBob single volumes were stupid too.

The only time I’ll buy something like this is when there’s no season set available. (Ironically enough, I did get those Best of The Muppet Show discs for the seasons 4 and 5 episodes lol).
8 episodes is way better than what it used to be for anime releases back in the day. 3 or 4 episodes for $25 to $30 bucks, used to be outrageous. I can't believe my parents would support my childhood addiction and buy me every single volume of certain shows lol.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Looks like there’s another one coming in May.

https://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-Go...gateway&sr=8-6

Would still love a complete series Blu-ray, but this is still better than nothing!
Old 02-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
8 episodes is way better than what it used to be for anime releases back in the day. 3 or 4 episodes for $25 to $30 bucks, used to be outrageous. I can't believe my parents would support my childhood addiction and buy me every single volume of certain shows lol.
Well 8 episodes of Sonic Boom = the same as 4 Anime episodes. So it’s really the same thing except just a lot cheaper in this case.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:25 AM   #8

May 2018

They're now releasing a Season One, Vol 1 set. One standard edition and a Limited Edition Gift set with Sonic and Eggman figures. No blu-ray tho.
Thanks given by:
rexcrk (08-13-2019), sagadego (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #9
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerManBlu-ray View Post
They're now releasing a Season One, Vol 1 set. One standard edition and a Limited Edition Gift set with Sonic and Eggman figures. No blu-ray tho.
Well NCircle has mostly ignored Blu-ray. Only release is the Gumby Movie which makes it the only way to support them with Blu-ray. Though I guess people could contact them and tell them to release more titles on Blu-ray.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Isn’t this show over? I wish they’d just do a complete series set and be done with it (and save me some shelf space lol)... or at least a full season. But still, that’s better than nothing.
Thanks given by:
sagadego (08-14-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 10:26 PM   #11

Jun 2019

just picked the season 1 vol 1 dvd set, 2 disc set. english track is dolby digital 5.1 spanish is 2.0
Thanks given by:
Nailwraps (10-08-2019)
Old 01-18-2020, 11:01 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Season 1 volume 2 on the way soon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B081K...436&sr=8-1
Old 02-01-2020, 06:42 PM   #13

Jan 2019

Nice to know that they plan on going through with this. This should complete the first season so you would only need two more volumes after this for season 2 to complete the series.

Something I saw with volume 1 was that they included a bonus features menu with trailers and promo videos for Sonic Mania Plus and Team Sonic Racing. One of the features listed was "Team Sonic Racing Overdrive Part 1" but the disc plays a Sonic Mania promo when you select it. Don't know if that's an error or if the short got pulled for some reason. It would be awesome to see Overdrive and the Sonic Mania Adventures shorts get physical releases through these Boom dvds.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:52 PM   #14

Jan 2019

Some updates on Season 1 Volume 2 that I've found now that it's been out for a while.

Apparently, one episode "Fire in a Crowded Workshop" only has Spanish audio. I've seen this confirmed on Twitter and multiple Amazon reviews say the same thing. I know NCircle is not that big of a company but I am hoping they'll address this and issue disc replacements or get a fixed version out there somehow. (Or include the episode again on the next set if nothing else.) This to me is too big of an error to be ignored, especially since there might be more people picking up this dvd after seeing the new Sonic movie.

Special features are mostly the same as what was on Volume 1 only with one of the Sonic Mania promos swapped out with a toy commercial. No Mania Adventures or Team Sonic Racing shorts unfortunately.

Edit: NCircle is working on replacement discs. You should supposedly be able to email custserv@ncircleentertainment.com for one.

Last edited by Squeakyboots; 02-21-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Oh damn lol. I actually just started watching the show on DVD. As long as they’re doing a replacement, I’ll get the next volume. (Still wish they would just do an 8-disc complete series and be done with it lol).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies