Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Web (Blu-ray)
$16.59
4 hrs ago
Do the Right Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
10 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Voyagers 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99
3 hrs ago
Working Girls (Blu-ray)
$29.49
4 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong / Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$39.99
4 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Thunderbolt (Blu-ray)
$16.59
4 hrs ago
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar (Blu-ray)
$12.99
12 hrs ago
Clay Pigeons (Blu-ray)
$16.59
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #2001

Dec 2009
With the Ale and Quail Club on a train to Palm Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
This is probably me

I've updated everything and added up some temp covers. If you see something that I might have missed, please let me know.

Maybe I should just reorganize everything soon - Kino Classics, Lorber Films, Redemption, etc.

Pro-B
Thanks, Pro-B!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:47 AM   #2002
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildude View Post
Thanks, Pro-B!
You are very welcome, oildude

The Navigator Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #2003
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Post Mortem Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #2004
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008

Fear and Desire will include The Seafarers as an extra. Day of the Fight and Flying Padre will NOT be included
Old 08-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #2005
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Glendale, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
Fear and Desire will include The Seafarers as an extra. Day of the Fight and Flying Padre will NOT be included
I heard and it sucks. I would have rather waited longer for the release or paid more to have them all.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #2006
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008

They're owned by Warner do I'm not sure what Kino would have needed to do to get them. The only recent instance of Warner licensing out that I know of was The Devils and Revolution to the BFI. Of course, you would have thought they might loosen up for a couple of shorts
Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #2007

Feb 2011

Do you think they'll ever break up the Pete Walker Collection? I'm only interested in "Die Screaming Marianne". $65 is just too steep for me....then again maybe I can give my mom "The House of Whipcord" for Xmas or something.

I hope Kino gets their hands on some more of those classic British sexploitation films like : "Can You Keep It Up For a Week?"; "The Ups and Downs of a Handyman!" ; "No Sex Please We're British!" or "Rosie Dixon, Night Nurse."

That would be sweet.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:48 AM   #2008

Jun 2012
Pioneer Valley
Default Fear and Desire Glitch at Amazon.ca

Two nights ago Amazon Canada posted listings for Kino's upcoming Fear and Desire, I'm down on it but today the listing is gone! Funny, its still in my open orders list but the item links to nothing! We'll see how Amazon.ca handles this one...!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #2009
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Black Magic Rites Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Old 08-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #2010

Jul 2010
VA

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed and I just missed it, but I have been collecting the Redemption Films as they've been released and was curious if anyone knows why the studio skipped over spine #13. If they are just trying to be cute, they shouldn't have bothered; it might be a small detail, but since I am collecting them, it drives me crazy to see 13 missing from the shelf (even if there is no 13). Does anyone have any insight into this?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #2011
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Just pre-ordered the Mario Bava releases :

Hatchet for the Honeymoon
Black Sunday
Lisa and the Devil
Old 08-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #2012

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
Just pre-ordered the Mario Bava releases :

Hatchet for the Honeymoon
Black Sunday
Lisa and the Devil
I just did the same, except for HFTH. I am new to Bava, but after pre-viewing clips of Lisa and the Devil and Black Sunday on YouTube, I am in for a new discovery. I enjoy the Rollin films I have seen, so these look like something I would also like. I'll test the waters and get HFTH later (did the same with the Rollin films and ended up getting them all). Love the visuals and the atmosphere in the Bava clips I saw.

I guess I am becoming a fan of 1960s-1980s Euro-horror. Great stuff. I grew up watching Hammer films and Vincent Price. Still waiting for someone to release the Dr. Phibes movies and other VP classics on blu-ray.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #2013

Apr 2010

Quote:
I just did the same, except for HFTH. I am new to Bava, but after pre-viewing clips of Lisa and the Devil and Black Sunday on YouTube, I am in for a new discovery. I enjoy the Rollin films I have seen, so these look like something I would also like. I'll test the waters and get HFTH later (did the same with the Rollin films and ended up getting them all). Love the visuals and the atmosphere in the Bava clips I saw.

I guess I am becoming a fan of 1960s-1980s Euro-horror. Great stuff. I grew up watching Hammer films and Vincent Price. Still waiting for someone to release the Dr. Phibes movies and other VP classics on blu-ray.
You're in for a treat!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #2014
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Putman View Post
...I have been collecting the Redemption Films as they've been released and was curious if anyone knows why the studio skipped over spine #13. If they are just trying to be cute, they shouldn't have bothered; it might be a small detail, but since I am collecting them, it drives me crazy to see 13 missing from the shelf (even if there is no 13). Does anyone have any insight into this?
I don't know the answer but was wondering if there is a source that lists the spine numbers with corresponding number; that might be a nice addition to the first post. I have toyed with collecting them all but some of the lukewarm offerings have kept me at bay (looking at Burke & Hare and Justine as iffy).
Old 08-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #2015
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
Dutchess County New York

An FYI for those that ordered The Navigator. It appears that they have moved up the release/ship date by a week or so. Amazon (who also dropped the price by a couple of dollars) appears to be shipping it early next week. Import CDs now shows it as being "in stock", so I would assume that it will ship by Monday morning.

I'm glad I checked...as I had ordered it from both Amazon and Import CDs and had planned to cancel the Amazon order, as it was $12 or so more expensive. I might have gotten burned with two copies.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #2016

Sep 2009
Rushmore Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkish View Post
An FYI for those that ordered The Navigator. It appears that they have moved up the release/ship date by a week or so. Amazon (who also dropped the price by a couple of dollars) appears to be shipping it early next week. Import CDs now shows it as being "in stock", so I would assume that it will ship by Monday morning.

I'm glad I checked...as I had ordered it from both Amazon and Import CDs and had planned to cancel the Amazon order, as it was $12 or so more expensive. I might have gotten burned with two copies.
My copy shipped from ImportCDs on Thursday. Really excited to see this!
Old 08-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #2017
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
Dutchess County New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParticleDan View Post
My copy shipped from ImportCDs on Thursday. Really excited to see this!
Hmmm...I'm surprised my copy hasn't shipped yet. Or it has and it hasn't been updated on my account yet. Oh well...either way it's a significant discount from Amazon...maybe as it was part of another order with Quadrophenia and Lonesome, the account hasn't updated yet.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #2018

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkish View Post
Hmmm...I'm surprised my copy hasn't shipped yet. Or it has and it hasn't been updated on my account yet. Oh well...either way it's a significant discount from Amazon...maybe as it was part of another order with Quadrophenia and Lonesome, the account hasn't updated yet.
Thanks for the release info, rkish. My copy of The Navigator hasn't shipped yet form ImportCDs either. I ordered it along with a few other pre-orders releasing in late September. I expect they will ship it before those, as that is what they have done in the past.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #2019
Power Member

Oct 2011
Canada

Quote:
Ditto!! Just box them, and be done with it. Anyone interested in this horror series, wants all of them!

FYI: Black Sunday was originally marketed stateside to look like a close cousin of the Corman/Price/Poe series...as was Witchfinder General (aka Conquerer Worm) and Black Sabbath. In their original Euro form, both movies would be of considerable interest to any diehard AIP 60s horror fan. Eureka did a very good job with Witchfinder General. Hopefully either they or KINO go after Black Sabbath too, and sooner rather than later...
Old 08-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #2020
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROclockCK View Post
Eureka did a very good job with Witchfinder General. Hopefully either they or KINO go after Black Sabbath too, and sooner rather than later...
The only problem there is that Eureka never released Witchfinder General.

Pro-B
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors