Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Five Nights at Freddy's: Core Collection (Switch)
$19.99

NEO: The Worlds Ends with You (Switch)
$44.99

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (Switch)
$19.93

Gear Club Unlimited 2 - Tracks Edition (Switch)
$18.99

Planescape Torment & Icewind Dale (Switch)
$27.29

Little Dragons Cafe (Switch)
$25.00

Ys IX: Monstrom Nox (Switch)
$48.00

Street Power Soccer (Switch)
$13.99

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster (Switch)
$34.88

Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 1 (Switch)
$58.19

Akiba's Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed (Switch)
$39.99

Waku Sweets (Switch)
$25.86

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 09-24-2021, 12:25 AM   #10041
Special Member

Nov 2014

- Actraizer!
- Triangle Strategy is still looking good
- This might be the first time I buy a Kirby game
- I'm not nostalgic for N64, but I'll consider the higher subscription if they add titles that are not easy to come by (F-Zero X expansion for DD, Ogre Battle 64, Sega-CD games)
- Is the 6-button Genesis controller available outside of Japan?
Thanks given by:
RSuarez (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 01:11 AM   #10042
Special Member

Jul 2016
1537 Paper St.

Hoping for the original Mario Party and Goldeneye.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:18 AM   #10043
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-

Forgot to mention specifically how excited I am to play the original Paper Mario again
Thanks given by:
eternalbiz (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 04:23 AM   #10044
Banned

Dec 2020

She looks worse with every game...
Old 09-24-2021, 01:29 PM   #10045
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Good to see you back dyne! Hope everything’s good
Thanks. Big family changes the last year resulting in me upending my entire life. Don't really have the time for games and movies currently but I poke my head in from time to time.

Enjoyed the show. I'm okay with throwing another $10/yr for the NSO expansion pass as long as they have a better release schedule. They like dropping 8-12 games day one and then drip feed. Good to see Genesis but too many of those games are already available elsewhere on the console. The controller pricing is pretty high and at odds with their other two releases.

Actraiser is something I'll look at at some point. The art style didn't wow me. A new Kirby in 3-d is nice and I bought the Castlevania Collection last night. As previously stated, no idea when I'll play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
- Is the 6-button Genesis controller available outside of Japan?
They'll show up on Amazon for sure. Not sure if it's possible to buy one from Nintendo and have it shipped. There's always the officially licensed Retro-bit alternatives which I hear are good quality.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:05 PM   #10046
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Finally watched the Direct this morning. Well...that was a big fat nothing burger. Nothing appealed to me except Metroid Dread. Even Bayonetta 3 I thought looked kind of meh. The game looked so bland and colorless. The Switch hardware is really starting to show it's age now. I wish Nintendo would hurry up and announce a Switch Pro or a Switch 2.0.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:56 PM   #10047

Jan 2021

How would I add a database entry for a game? Cause the current standard edition of the physical Hotline Miami release isn't on this site, I would make my own full post but it isn't letting me.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:02 PM   #10048
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

That was one of the weaker directs for sure.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:02 PM   #10049
Special Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Actraiser is something I'll look at at some point. The art style didn't wow me. A new Kirby in 3-d is nice and I bought the Castlevania Collection last night. As previously stated, no idea when I'll play it.
I wasn't expecting to see Dracula X, not as good as the PC Engine source but a decent SNES game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Finally watched the Direct this morning. Well...that was a big fat nothing burger. Nothing appealed to me except Metroid Dread. Even Bayonetta 3 I thought looked kind of meh. The game looked so bland and colorless. The Switch hardware is really starting to show it's age now. I wish Nintendo would hurry up and announce a Switch Pro or a Switch 2.0.
I'm sure Bayonetta 3 will still be fun, but it definitely does look a bit drab. Here's hoping the 1080p/60 trailer is an indicator of the final product, but I kind of wish Platinum/Sega could put it on modern hardware...
I wouldn't expect a Switch Pro/2.0 until after the OLED version is in stores. Probably closer to the release of BotW2 so it doesn't impact holiday sales of the available products.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:02 AM   #10050

Apr 2019
Canada

Anyone know if Nintendo is releasing a white version of the pro controller to match the new white OLED Switch?
Old 09-25-2021, 07:16 PM   #10051
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Gun View Post
Bayonetta 3: Ulala boogaloo
Old 09-25-2021, 08:46 PM   #10052
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigop1ayer View Post
Joined the Switch family ! My first Nintendo "console" since the GameCube a couple decades ago (which has gotten plenty of use thanks to classics like SSBM). After that, I'd moved onto the 360 and remained in Xboxland ever since but I just had to try fun-looking titles like NSMBU!

I don't know when the OLED will be readily available and don't really intend to use that screen anyway (it'll be docked for 99% of the time) so it didn't really seem worth the wait/trouble. The Steam Deck seems quite nice but as noted I don't really need a portable feature and my One X (hopefully a Series X when supplies settle down) will continue to be the center of my gaming universe. And obviously the Deck doesn't solve the Nintendo first party content issue.
Welcome to the club. I too bought a Switch having had the GC as my last Nintendo console (we're going to exclude the 2 weeks that I owned a second hand Wii...). I also didn't want to wait for the OLED model because my Switch is pretty much always docked.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:18 PM   #10053
Expert Member

Dec 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I assume the OLED will largely cover the main mid-cycle update for the Switch? And that could keep any sort of next-gen "console" from going into production for at least a couple years I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertron View Post
Welcome to the club. I too bought a Switch having had the GC as my last Nintendo console (we're going to exclude the 2 weeks that I owned a second hand Wii...). I also didn't want to wait for the OLED model because my Switch is pretty much always docked.
For sure! Since getting it, I have yet to even test the mobility mode.

Hope you enjoy yours.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:51 PM   #10054
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Employees at 11 game companies said their teams were in possession of Nintendo's 4K development kit for the Switch. The companies span the globe, ranging from large publishers to small studios and include at least one that has never made a console game before, Zynga Inc., according to the employees, who asked not to be identified because they weren't authorized to discuss their projects publicly.

But a system capable of handling 4K games isn't expected to be released until late next year at the earliest, people familiar with the plans said. That leaves Nintendo at a technical disadvantage to rivals, whose shares have soared this year while Nintendo's have lost 20%. It also risks alienating developers who have spent months tailoring their games to take advantage of upgraded hardware capabilities.

Nintendo responded to a list of questions by saying Bloomberg's reporting is "inaccurate" and declined to specify which parts of the information it was referring to.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...istent-console
Old 09-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #10055
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigop1ayer View Post
I assume the OLED will largely cover the main mid-cycle update for the Switch? And that could keep any sort of next-gen "console" from going into production for at least a couple years I assume.
The fact that it's still selling as well as it is, is reason enough for them not to rush out a more powerful version. Once those numbers taper off we'll start to see more than rumors about an upgrade.
Old 09-30-2021, 05:09 PM   #10056
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Employees at 11 game companies said their teams were in possession of Nintendo's 4K development kit for the Switch. The companies span the globe, ranging from large publishers to small studios and include at least one that has never made a console game before, Zynga Inc., according to the employees, who asked not to be identified because they weren't authorized to discuss their projects publicly.

But a system capable of handling 4K games isn't expected to be released until late next year at the earliest, people familiar with the plans said. That leaves Nintendo at a technical disadvantage to rivals, whose shares have soared this year while Nintendo's have lost 20%. It also risks alienating developers who have spent months tailoring their games to take advantage of upgraded hardware capabilities.

Nintendo responded to a list of questions by saying Bloomberg's reporting is "inaccurate" and declined to specify which parts of the information it was referring to.

https://www.bloomberg.com/tosv2.html...VudC1jb25zb2xl
They immediately tweeted after publication that its not true and the named company in the story also denied it

Let it die Bloomberg.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:23 AM   #10057
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
They immediately tweeted after publication that its not true and the named company in the story also denied it

Let it die Bloomberg.
I saw that. But they also said the same about Lite and OLED lol

Also pretty funny that Nintendo had 2 4K patents denied on the same day lol sure Nintendo we believe there’s no new 4K console coming. Just apply for 4K patents for the fun of it

Wonder if the patents being denied affects the timeline for release.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 09:25 AM   #10058
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Looks like there could be another new Pokémon game in the works if this employee profile is to be believed. Although I guess there’s always a new Pokémon game in the works to be fair, as soon as ones finished the next ones already in the works.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:17 AM   #10059
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Let's be honest, there's definitely going to be a 4K Switch, but it won't be out for a while. The standard Switch is still selling well so Nintendo obviously don't want to harm sales, especially now the OLED is out.

Last edited by tigertron; 10-01-2021 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:10 PM   #10060
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
I saw that. But they also said the same about Lite and OLED lol

Also pretty funny that Nintendo had 2 4K patents denied on the same day lol sure Nintendo we believe there’s no new 4K console coming. Just apply for 4K patents for the fun of it

Wonder if the patents being denied affects the timeline for release.
I’ll believe it when I see it at this point. Its been 2+ years of rumor now. It gets exhausting
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switch™