Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99
18 hrs ago
The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27
14 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
18 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64
18 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.89

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
17 hrs ago
The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 05-16-2017, 02:01 AM   #1
Power Member

Oct 2006
Default i'm trying to find a hdr tv for gaming but i don't want color banding

i'm trying to find a hdr tv for gaming but i don't want color banding please help me with this
Old 05-20-2017, 03:05 AM   #2
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
i'm trying to find a hdr tv for gaming but i don't want color banding please help me with this
Are you in the market to buy a tv now or next year? You've started several tv search threads and each time after receiving numerous responses you the reveal you aren't currently in the market. The problem is technology can change dramatically, as well as price in a year.

Plus, as pointed out a couple times already...when starting a "help me find a tv" thread you need to state a budget. So if you are currently in the market, please share your budget, so it helps members know which TV's that fit your needs.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=284991
Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

His budget is likely tops out at around $400 or so, based on other threads where he asks for recommendations about TVs or projectors.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who is on a limited budget. Not everyone can afford an expensive TV. It's actually good for people to live within their means rather than splurge on something they can't afford (even with financing).

That being said, the problem is that Batman2000 is constantly wanting to acquire top of the line quality (the kind that usually costs someone in the thousands of dollars range to obtain) with his roughly $400 budget. He wants top-notch picture quality with no issues, problems, compromises, or trade offs what-so-ever within that price range. It's just not going to happen. Heck, even some of the better, expensive TVs that in general are top of the line still have quirks to them in some respect or another.

Frankly he should just search for TVs within his price range on sites like Amazon or Best Buy and read the reviews. If he wants further advice about them, then post a thread here listing the specific models he is considering and then ask if anyone knows if the quality of one is better than the rest, and just get the best thing possible within the price range, accepting that it's likely not going to be the same quality as a TV that goes for a few thousand dollars.
Thanks given by:
ronboster (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 01:57 AM   #4
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
His budget is likely tops out at around $400 or so, based on other threads where he asks for recommendations about TVs or projectors.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who is on a limited budget. Not everyone can afford an expensive TV. It's actually good for people to live within their means rather than splurge on something they can't afford (even with financing).

That being said, the problem is that Batman2000 is constantly wanting to acquire top of the line quality (the kind that usually costs someone in the thousands of dollars range to obtain) with his roughly $400 budget. He wants top-notch picture quality with no issues, problems, compromises, or trade offs what-so-ever within that price range. It's just not going to happen. Heck, even some of the better, expensive TVs that in general are top of the line still have quirks to them in some respect or another.

Frankly he should just search for TVs within his price range on sites like Amazon or Best Buy and read the reviews. If he wants further advice about them, then post a thread here listing the specific models he is considering and then ask if anyone knows if the quality of one is better than the rest, and just get the best thing possible within the price range, accepting that it's likely not going to be the same quality as a TV that goes for a few thousand dollars.
Solid advice.
Thanks given by:
Dynamo of Eternia (05-25-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages