Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Metropolis ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Das Boot (Blu-ray)
€34.97

Louis de Funès - Die Gendarmen-Blu-ray-Box (Blu-ray)
€24.97

The Running Man (Blu-ray)
€14.97

Babylon Berlin Collection Staffel 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
€26.97

Luther (Blu-ray)
€13.97

Sherlock: Seasons 1 - 3 (Blu-ray)
€22.97

Edgar Wallace Edition 7 (Blu-ray)
€24.97

Hunter Killer (Blu-ray)
€8.97

Outlander: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
€24.40

Lock Up 4K (Blu-ray)
€29.99

Quantum Leap: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
€88.97

Billy Wilder Filmkollektion (Blu-ray)
€29.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 03-26-2019, 07:33 AM   #281

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DePalma1984 View Post
I just ordered a copy of this box set last night on Amazon.de and it was sold by Amazon! I was surprised they got more in since they were previously out of stock. Currently it says there are 4 left in stock and more copies on the way. Curious about the “more on the way”. Where are they coming from since Turbine said last month that all existing stock is out there?
Ok, you caught me. I am a cheeky git, I just wanted to push you to buy...

No honestly: All stock is gone. But dealers have the right for returns. So stock can come back to some extend, but what we see is only very few here and there. Such "returns" (unsold stock) are then re-distributed by the warehouse. Since Amazon has a strong demand, whatever comes back in goes straight out again. But it's just a few drips, we're far away from a stream of products here. Hope this clarifies. But this is really last-minute stuff before it all dries out.
Thanks given by:
DePalma1984 (03-28-2019), GreatGreg (03-26-2019), Rhylliam (03-31-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 06:16 PM   #282
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013

decided to bite on this last week while still on backordered.soon after i places it a few hours later it was no longer able to be ordered.i thought ehhh if i don’t get it it’s ok.to my surprise i was just charged today and i’m pretty excited
Old 04-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #283

Apr 2018

Just received this after ordering from jpc.de for 117 Euro. It arrived in a week and was well packaged and in great shape.

I was a little leery of spending so much after already owning every release from VHS on, but I'm glad I did because it's a really nice package. It's big and the materials are excellent quality. A lot of care was put into it. The book is very nice, with dozens of high quality pictures. I wish it wasn't in German, because it seems pretty comprehensive. But obviously it makes sense that it is.

I have only previewed Psycho so far and it looks about the same to me as the US Release. One feature I really like is the isolated score, which hasn't been on any release since the special edition laserdisc. It's the mono film version and actually changes volume with the dialogue, but it's the closest you can get to hearing the original score since the master tapes are apparently long lost.

I do wish the original mono soundtrack was available in English (only German is available). The English track is the 5.1 remix. It does a good job of creating stereo-ish music tracks, but the added/replaced sound effects are very distracting and I prefer the original mono.

The airline retro version is an interesting curiosity. It seems like a pretty violent film to show on an airplane back in the day and seems to be uncut. You do see a bit more picture in the open matte. I'm curious about the Super 8 version on the German Psycho disc.

I plan to dive deeper into this over the next few days, but I'm already very satisfied with my purchase. If you are a Psycho fan, you'll want to get this before they are gone or absurdly expensive.

Great job, Turbine!

Last edited by litemakr; 04-08-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Thanks given by:
GreatGreg (04-09-2019), turbine (04-10-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 06:55 AM   #284

Nov 2011
Australia

I have a spare copy of this that is unopened, in an unopened box, inside an unopened shipping box.

I’m in Australia and am prepared to take $270 AUS including postage.

PM if interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 936869A4-92BB-4F08-AB19-5F4273C771FD.jpg (14.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by djdirty75; 04-22-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:39 AM   #285

Oct 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio

Got got this puppy in the mail and it's beautiful. Worth every penny and I haven't even popped in the discs yet!
Old 04-23-2019, 01:53 AM   #286

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by litemakr View Post
I do wish the original mono soundtrack was available in English (only German is available). The English track is the 5.1 remix. It does a good job of creating stereo-ish music tracks, but the added/replaced sound effects are very distracting and I prefer the original mono.

So the original film does not have the original English mono mix? So are all the specs that list an English mono 2.0 mix wrong?
Old 04-24-2019, 07:13 AM   #287
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen of the Night View Post
So the original film does not have the original English mono mix? So are all the specs that list an English mono 2.0 mix wrong?
It does have the original English mono mix in lossless, not sure what they are referring to.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:32 AM   #288

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drush9999 View Post
It does have the original English mono mix in lossless, not sure what they are referring to.
Good to know, since I ordered the set!
Old 05-02-2019, 04:12 AM   #289

Nov 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdirty75 View Post
I have a spare copy of this that is unopened, in an unopened box, inside an unopened shipping box.

I’m in Australia and am prepared to take $270 AUS including postage.

PM if interested.
*Sold*
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany