Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Zombieland 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49
5 hrs ago
X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
20 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.95

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Dumbo 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Pan's Labyrinth 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 09-27-2018, 09:59 PM   #161

Jan 2018
Switzerland
-
-
-

Errrr ok - Got my copy from Amazon UK two weeks ago, finally got round to checking it and boom, the moment the 4K disc was in, the ‘HDR’ activated and I got a massive amount of digital noise full screen. I could *just* make out the words ‘France’ and ‘United Kingdom’ top right amongst the white/RGB noise.

This is where it gets weird.

I guessed and clicked ‘ok’ through to the UK menu and the disc was normal again. Went through a few chapters to have a look (looks good), returned to the main menu.
Whenever I put the disc in again, it now shows the ‘France’ and ‘United Kingdom’ opening options on *whatever image* was on the screen when I last ejected the disc. So if I stopped the disc last time in the middle of the film, then next time I insert the disc, the ‘France’/‘United Kingdom’ options will appear on top of that still. If I stopped the disc last time on the menu, ditto - the *exact* screen grab of when I last stopped the disc will appear as the background to the opening territory options.

So my questions...

1) What do you guys see as the background to the opening territory options with the words ‘France’ and ‘United Kingdom’? The text is red and black, but is there a background image/colour at all?

2) Do I have a problematic disc? Has anyone else had this problem at any point (with any 4K disc), or know what it is?
Old 11-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #162
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2016

Good lord this might be my new favorite disc. I love modern blockbusters on UHD as much as anyone, but this is the kind of movie the format was made for. From the opening shot of the semi driving through the steel town at dawn I was in love. The town, the mountains, Vietnam: perfection from start to finish. More UHDs from this era please.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (12-01-2018), Fat Phil (11-25-2018), Geoff D (11-25-2018), HDMan72 (11-26-2018), JohnCarpenterLives (11-29-2018), Mobe1969 (11-25-2018), ROSS.T.G. (11-25-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #163

Mar 2018

Anyone know where to get this in the US without incurring import fees?
Old 11-30-2018, 06:53 PM   #164
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatballSub View Post
Anyone know where to get this in the US without incurring import fees?
Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Deer-Hu.../dp/B07DDFX43H
Old 12-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #165

Nov 2017
Green Noa

Got this as a xmas present! Can't wait to dig in. I've been very pleased with Studio Canals 4K releases so far
Old 12-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #166

Dec 2018
Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwc View Post
2) Do I have a problematic disc? Has anyone else had this problem at any point (with any 4K disc), or know what it is?
You are not the only one. This disc actually made me finally register here.

So I am using an Xbox One X as my UHD player. So far it has played UHD discs fine, althought the 2001 one had some slight issues. Deer Hunter on the other hand, I can't watch it at all.

I have tried all sorts of tricks, but so far the closest I have got is the language menu. After that completely blank, black screen. Most of the time it's just black.

I haven't done anything yet as I thought the problem is with my hardware. I am starting think it's not this, but the disc is at fault.

What did you do in the end?
Old 12-12-2018, 04:19 AM   #167

Jan 2018
Switzerland
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by anttim View Post
I have tried all sorts of tricks, but so far the closest I have got is the language menu. After that completely blank, black screen. Most of the time it's just black.

I haven't done anything yet as I thought the problem is with my hardware. I am starting think it's not this, but the disc is at fault.

What did you do in the end?
Sounds like yours is a truly faulty disc or player issue, and the problem is a lot worse than mine as you cannot watch the film!

I didn’t do anything in the end beyond what I described in my post - at the end of the day, the only effect of the fault was that the opening territory options are displayed on a background image that is always an exact screengrab of the last moment I ejected the disc. I later noticed that the standard Blu-ray has a specific image as that background that never changes, so the fault is unique to the 4K disc. No other effects, so now I just consider it an interesting anomaly.
I had another similar issue with the background images of a menu on a Studio Canal 4K disc since my last post here, but I’ve already forgotten which release as I noticed it while quickly testing lots of discs, it was hardly noticeable and it didn’t affect playback in any way.

I would return your copy and get a replacement, if that’s still an option for you. When I started ordering 4Ks I had a few genuinely problematic ones that refused to play properly, and the fact that there were several made me very worried about my devices. Returning them in exchange for perfect replacements confirmed that I had received faulty discs the first time.

I wouldn’t worry about your otherwise-healthy devices unless they fail to play multiple copies of the edition. Until then, best to assume it’s a faulty disc. In the case of Interstellar 4K, I had to ask for 2 replacements before finally receiving a third non-faulty disc, as the retailer had a bad batch!
Old 01-22-2019, 08:35 PM   #168
Power Member

Aug 2008

There's a standard release coming in the UK March 4th now:
https://www.zoom.co.uk/product/the_d...hd_blu_ray_uhd
https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Deer-Hu...deer+hunter+4k

About time.
Thanks given by:
CRSearle (01-26-2019), jerclay (01-23-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 09:50 AM   #169

Dec 2013
Italy

Will this retain the blu-ray bonus features disc?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #170
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubuwest View Post
Will this retain the blu-ray bonus features disc?
It drops the soundtrack CD, book and fancy packaging but retains the bonus disc. Listings have it down as a three disc set - UHD (Film), Blu-ray (Film) and Blu-ray (Bonus).
Thanks given by:
bubuwest (01-31-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 08:34 PM   #171
Special Member

Jan 2017

Anyone know if this Collector's Edition set at £25 is 4K or standard BD?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does say standard BD, but the cover pics has the 4K packaging and the number of discs says 4 so I assume it is the 4K set, but it says 'Blu-ray' which is a bit confusing since the non-collector's edition 4K set at £20 very clearly states 4K.

Last edited by s_har; 05-05-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:27 PM   #172

Jan 2018
Switzerland
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_har View Post
Anyone know if this Collector's Edition set at £25 is 4K or standard BD?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It does say standard BD, but the cover pics has the 4K packaging and the number of discs says 4 so I assume it is the 4K set, but it says 'Blu-ray' which is a bit confusing since the non-collector's edition 4K set at £20 very clearly states 4K.
Definitely, 100%, the 4K Collector's Edition.
Not the first time that Amazon fails to put 4K or 3D in the title unfortunately - in this case it was clearly erroneously modified this year when Amazon added the new 4K non-collector's edition.
Thanks given by:
s_har (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 07:40 AM   #173
Special Member

Jan 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwc View Post
Definitely, 100%, the 4K Collector's Edition.
Not the first time that Amazon fails to put 4K or 3D in the title unfortunately - in this case it was clearly erroneously modified this year when Amazon added the new 4K non-collector's edition.
Thanks! Didn't wanna order it until I knew for sure.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies