Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 06-17-2019, 12:20 AM   #4221
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

(This may also get into whether one player has what DTS called their "Essentials" decoder versus the other. I learned a lot from site member BIslander about this around the time of the release of the Toy Story BDs. Perhaps another thing to specifically ask JohnAV about.)
Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 PM   #4222
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Perhaps you've already sussed all this but what does the OPPO say is the number of channels on the Wakeman when you press the "I" for Info button? I'd also think that comparing what if any difference in channel output you get with onboard decoding versus bitstreaming would help determine whether it's a player versus AVR issue.

Perhaps also PM JohnAV.
thanks I'll do that. In regards to the Wakeman DVD, I'll recheck what "info - channel allocation" is being displayed, it's as if the the sound is being pulled toward the front channels 'Pro-Logic-ing' the sound and not dedicating the four discrete quad channel mix to their respective channels as my LG player is properly doing to my Yamaha. This isn't the sole problem, I played my 'Dunkirk' bluray on my Oppo and the surround channels are near non-existent, pop it into my LG player, "oh there's the surround channels, and it's LOUDER" - I'm truly baffled. And now the image input from my LG player into my Yamaha is on the fritz ... UHG, guess this mean I have to pull all the machines out and see what cable has popped out
Old 06-30-2019, 03:12 PM   #4223

Oct 2015

I have a question: I wanted to buy an OPPO UDP-203 from an authorized OPPO seller. They sell that unit modified to play all regions. Now: are the kits they are using high quality? How long is the durability and functionality of these kinds of kits? I only wanna buy the OPPO because I heard it's the one that still works after many years, but I need it to be region free.

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #4224
Expert Member

Aug 2009

high 5 IlCorvo I've never had any problems with the famous name mod kits, a lot of it is starting the sequence of button presses at the right time, as described in the instructions. the mod kits are solderless install so there is less to go wrong
Old 06-30-2019, 03:46 PM   #4225

Oct 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratford View Post
high 5 IlCorvo I've never had any problems with the famous name mod kits, a lot of it is starting the sequence of button presses at the right time, as described in the instructions. the mod kits are solderless install so there is less to go wrong
Thank you very much! So I can buy without hesitation?
Old 06-30-2019, 03:50 PM   #4226
Expert Member

Aug 2009

IlCorvo Yes you should be safe to buy one, if it can be done ask the seller to show you how to change region using a locked blu-ray, or when the time comes I or some one else here would help you
Old 06-30-2019, 05:12 PM   #4227

Oct 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratford View Post
IlCorvo Yes you should be safe to buy one, if it can be done ask the seller to show you how to change region using a locked blu-ray, or when the time comes I or some one else here would help you
Thank you so much! That's very kind
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders