Best DigiBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$55.61

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$27.97

The BRD Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Blue Velvet (Blu-ray)
$22.97

The Apu Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Do the Right Thing (Blu-ray)
$22.97

The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (Blu-ray)
$57.49

Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Blu-ray)
$22.97

A Film Trilogy by Ingmar Bergman (Blu-ray)
$49.99

3 Films by Roberto Rossellini Starring Ingrid Bergman (Blu-ray)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases

Old 06-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Camp Crystal Lake
Germany Night of the Living Dead DB

Didn't see this anywhere else so figured i'd post it here, my apologies if this is mentioned somewhere else. Germany got a real nice digibook for the original 1960s NotD. It's a standard sized DB, not the tall/oversized ones we sometimes see (ie Rubber, serbian film).

Anyway, it's very classy and has a matte finish, except for the hand/zombies coming from the bottom of it, they're in more of a gloss finish. Got mine from grooves inc for about $15 after shipping, not a bad deal.

And for those wondering, the text on the back is entirely in German, but the front/spine (which are both in that awesome neon green) are in English. It might just be my favorite digibook released so far...
Old 06-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

How's the transfer?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
How's the transfer?
It's the same transfer as the Network blu-ray. Uncropped, but not as visually attractive as the Japanese Happinet blu-ray for example. Lines running down the frame, missing frames, print damage, etc. The digibook itself is gorgeous however. It is limited, and $15 is a good price. I recommend it to die-hard fans only.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
It's the same transfer as the Network blu-ray. Uncropped, but not as visually attractive as the Japanese Happinet blu-ray for example. Lines running down the frame, missing frames, print damage, etc. The digibook itself is gorgeous however. It is limited, and $15 is a good price. I recommend it to die-hard fans only.
Thanks, the reviews on Amazon.de are not positive. Poor transfer, no extras, rating sticker that peels off parts of the book, etc.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

do all of the characters look like this?

Old 06-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
Thanks, the reviews on Amazon.de are not positive. Poor transfer, no extras, rating sticker that peels off parts of the book, etc.
Yeah the ugly ratings sticker dampens the absolutely beautiful digibook. I didn't remove mine for fear that it would do just that.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
Banned

Oct 2009
|limbo of the banned|
Send a message via Skype™ to nefilim

Quote:
i have this one too. unopened - it has sticker on the wrapper saying : new un-cut HD master.

and it lists extras document fan of the dead and making of

Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

That looks fantastic! I wish the book text was in English.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #9
Banned

Oct 2009
|limbo of the banned|
Send a message via Skype™ to nefilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
That looks fantastic! I wish the book text was in English.
interested to get one in trade ? mint/factory wrapped ... I only trade it because it does not have eng. subs ... ?!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
interested to get one in trade ? mint/factory wrapped ... I only trade it because it does not have eng. subs ... ?!
If the book was in English I'd be all over it! The only non-English text digibooks in my collection are a few of the Warner Premium Collection. Mainly because, IMO, they are too badass not to have.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
i have this one too. unopened - it has sticker on the wrapper saying : new un-cut HD master.

and it lists extras document fan of the dead and making of

Hmm, I was going by an Amazon.de review. I used Google Translate, maybe that's why.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Louisville, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterHighMe View Post

Didn't see this anywhere else so figured i'd post it here, my apologies if this is mentioned somewhere else. Germany got a real nice digibook for the original 1960s NotD. It's a standard sized DB, not the tall/oversized ones we sometimes see (ie Rubber, serbian film).

Anyway, it's very classy and has a matte finish, except for the hand/zombies coming from the bottom of it, they're in more of a gloss finish. Got mine from grooves inc for about $15 after shipping, not a bad deal.

And for those wondering, the text on the back is entirely in German, but the front/spine (which are both in that awesome neon green) are in English. It might just be my favorite digibook released so far...
Would there be a possibility of taking some screen captures of the book and what is inside? I'm also guessing that this is the same height as a blu-ray case (or is it the same height as a regular digibook)?

Also, this is it, right?

Last edited by Monroville; 11-08-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Swap out the Network BR, and put the Happinet one in the book.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroville View Post
Would there be a possibility of taking some screen captures of the book and what is inside? I'm also guessing that this is the same height as a blu-ray case (or is it the same height as a regular digibook)?

Also, this is it, right?
That is it yes. Great price, though I'm unfamiliar with that website. The book is about 2-3 millimeters taller than a standard amaray blu-ray case. Unfortunately, I am unable to post pictures of the book via my phone, but it is impressive (though written in German).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases