Best DigiBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$55.61

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The BRD Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Blue Velvet (Blu-ray)
$22.97

Do the Right Thing (Blu-ray)
$22.97

A Film Trilogy by Ingmar Bergman (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Qatsi Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
7 hrs ago
The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (Blu-ray)
$57.49

Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Blu-ray)
$22.97

The Apu Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases

Old 01-01-2014, 04:07 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011
Default New to Digibooks - Current Collection:

New to Digibooks - Current Collection:

Just this last year, I caught the Steelbook bug... and now I'm experiencing the same with Digibooks. I've basically decided that I should have the most extensive packaging variants on my shelves, since I'm going out of my way to collect movie I enjoy. So, who else just recently jumped on the Digibook bandwagon, and what have you gotten so far? Here's What I've accumulated in 2013 (The Big Lebowski was technically purchased in December of 2012, but hey, it counts):

Old 01-01-2014, 04:14 AM   #2
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by THS View Post
New to Digibooks - Current Collection:

Just this last year, I caught the Steelbook bug... and now I'm experiencing the same with Digibooks. I've basically decided that I should have the most extensive packaging variants on my shelves, since I'm going out of my way to collect movie I enjoy. So, who else just recently jumped on the Digibook bandwagon, and what have you gotten so far? Here's What I've accumulated in 2013 (The Big Lebowski was technically purchased in December of 2012, but hey, it counts):
[Show spoiler]
Digibooks were the first type of special packaging that I fell for as I didn't get into Steelbooks until early last year. IMHO Digibooks look the best and are not near as susceptible to damage like steelbooks. Right now I have about 80 Digibooks.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

I agree with HD Goofnut! Both types of packaging have their strengths & weaknesses, but I will always prefer a digibook.
With that said, definitely check Amazon, as they have digibooks on sale, quite often.
Welcome to the club!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

thats funny, i can't stand digibooks, i bought about 100 of them to collect, been selling them off gradually, down to about 40 left to sell....the main problem is there are some movies i really like and Digibook is the only way to have them. Just my opinion......
Old 01-02-2014, 02:10 AM   #5

Aug 2012
Mckinney, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikkbradd View Post
thats funny, i can't stand digibooks, i bought about 100 of them to collect, been selling them off gradually, down to about 40 left to sell....the main problem is there are some movies i really like and Digibook is the only way to have them. Just my opinion......
Just curious, why do you hate them so much and how did you get to 100 before realizing that?
Old 01-02-2014, 02:50 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

If I collected anything when it comes to BD I think it would be DigiBooks. Although I am not a completist.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:57 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post
Just curious, why do you hate them so much and how did you get to 100 before realizing that?
mainly i don't like them because of the size discrepancies. So many of the digibooks are different width and its annoying. 2nd, i don't like that the back sticker with the UPC and info is like a sticker and doesn't stay on. 3rd, they are a pain if you want to sort them with your regular titles. as far as the 100. I actually probably had 200+, from all over the world. It wasn't something i realized right away, i gradually grew to dislike them, much like i did with steelbooks. Though they don't need the care that steelbooks need, they are a hassle. I'm glad i only have 39 left to sell, but they are a pain to get rid of.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
Power Member

Jun 2011
South Hill, VA

i like both digibooks and steelbooks. If a particular title has both options, I go with steelbook. But digibooks are my second preference. The only thing I don't like about digibooks is that they are a little bit taller than regular BDs or steels. So it looks a little off. But I'm not anal to the point where it will keep me from buying them. I'm one of those weirdos who mixes his blus and DVDs together so I can't be but so picky :-P
Old 01-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

I use mine as book ends, along with my deluxe movies. Seems to work for the moment.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases