Best DigiBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The BRD Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Do the Right Thing (Blu-ray)
$22.97

A Film Trilogy by Ingmar Bergman (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Blue Velvet (Blu-ray)
$22.97

The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (Blu-ray)
$57.49

Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Blu-ray)
$22.97

The Koker Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$68.49

Dazed and Confused (Blu-ray)
$19.59

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases

Old 08-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
USA
-
-
-
-
-
Target Secret of the Wings: TARGET EXCLUSIVE - Digibook Packaging with Storybook

secret of the wings.jpg

Secret of the Wings: TARGET EXCLUSIVE - Digibook Packaging with Storybook

Genre: Kids and Family
Release Date: October 23, 2012

http://www.target.com/p/secret-of-th..._qi_detaillink
Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

I'm surprised that this is getting (what I consider) a premium treatment for, what is essentially, a direct-to-video release. This has been released in four other markets already, and IMDB feedback (for what that's worth ) is rather low at the moment. I'm in favour of more Digibooks from Disney, but I don't think this is a deserving title. I believe the Digibook format should have been reserved for mainstream films.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
I'm surprised that this is getting (what I consider) a premium treatment for, what is essentially, a direct-to-video release. This has been released in four other markets already, and IMDB feedback (for what that's worth ) is rather low at the moment. I'm in favour of more Digibooks from Disney, but I don't think this is a deserving title. I believe the Digibook format should have been reserved for mainstream films.

I agree - I didn't even know what this was! The one Disney movie I'm waiting for (don't understand the hold up ) is The Little Mermaid!! When are they getting that to us???
Old 08-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Power Member

Aug 2011
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgrl View Post
I agree - I didn't even know what this was! The one Disney movie I'm waiting for (don't understand the hold up ) is The Little Mermaid!! When are they getting that to us???
Little Mermaid 3D is scheduled to be in theaters next September, expect a Blu-ray release next December.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #5

Dec 2007

While I agree its an odd choice I like it since its actually a storybook I can read to her as well.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
USA
-
-
-
-
-

that's odd...Target cancelled my pre-order today...
Old 10-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #7

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

I went to Target to pick this up. I had a difficulty finding it because they were in a carriage up by the movie checkout. They were trying to find plastic cases big enough to put them in.

I cancelled my online order because it hadn't shipped and I saved myself ~$13.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
USA
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
I went to Target to pick this up. I had a difficulty finding it because they were in a carriage up by the movie checkout. They were trying to find plastic cases big enough to put them in.

I cancelled my online order because it hadn't shipped and I saved myself ~$13.
Same here. They weren't displayed on the shelves but they were in the carts. I nearly left without one. There were around 3 to 5 copies only.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, USA ; I enjoy watching 3D blu-rays; 41 Blufans steels so far

I was at Target at 8 am. There were no Secret of the Wings digibooks in the movie section, but I found a special display near one of the check out registers. What a lovely digibook!

Then I grabbed a Tinkerbell Fairy doll. Buying both on the sale transaction took $6 off the purchase -- PLUS -- I used the $5 DMR coupon.

Now I have my Fairy doll and digibook.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Has anyone's online order shipped yet? Mine's still sitting there with no processing info like the E.T. Steelbook. Sent email to CS asking for a status yesterday and haven't received a response yet. Hate not having a B&M Target anywhere close to where I live. Their online system sucks!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
Same here. They weren't displayed on the shelves but they were in the carts. I nearly left without one. There were around 3 to 5 copies only.

[Show spoiler]

I doubt these are limited, just like Cinderella. The problem is the stores are stocking these all over the place, not just in one location.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #12
Banned

Jun 2009

I saw more than 20 copies of the Cinderella DigiBook (and E.T. Steelbook) but no copies of this at a small Target near me.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:42 AM   #13
Power Member

Aug 2011
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
I saw more than 20 copies of the Cinderella DigiBook (and E.T. Steelbook) but no copies of this at a small Target near me.
I had the same experience at a larger Target tonight.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #14

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's got the Blu's View Post
I had the same experience at a larger Target tonight.
I had a similar experience today. They had the normal 2 disc version up front by the registers, then the DVD and 3D combos in the movie section. I asked the guy working in Electronics, and he had the Digibooks behind the counter.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Look at what this person wrote for a 1-star review at Target.com:

"The selling point on this item? The book, of course! Why else would you pay extra money for it? They neglect to tell you, however, that the supposed book is actually attached to the DVD case. There's no way to remove it unless you cut it out. And iif you did that, it would have no cover since the DVD case serves as the cover. The outside cover for the whole thing is nice and all and very book-like. That said, it doesn't stay closed, just like a regular book doesn't latch closed. The whole thi ng just doesn't make much sense. I got this on sale, but I am still extremely disappointed and I don't like the way that it's being marketed. The movie is great, of course. The book would be nice if you could actually remove it instead of having to cuddle up with the whole darn package. Only buy this version if you don't care that the book's attached and/or you find it priced the same as the non-book version"

How about doing a little research on the item you are buying, genius!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #16
Power Member

Jan 2009
Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to fiveseven4combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
I feel the same way, and these Disney digibooks look kind of cheap if you ask me. Plus they have been releasing "girly" titles Cinderella, Brave, Secret of the Wings...
Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #17

Jan 2011
The Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveseven4combat View Post
I feel the same way, and these Disney digibooks look kind of cheap if you ask me. Plus they have been releasing "girly" titles Cinderella, Brave, Secret of the Wings...
As opposed to the "manly" Disney animated stuff like Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast.... O h wait, I'm sensing a theme here

I suppose stuff like Aladdin or The Lion King are slightly more manly, but those aren't on the release schedule. Peter Pan is coming up, however.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #18
Banned

Jun 2009

I got it for $15 today.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #19
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
USA
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveseven4combat View Post
I doubt Disney consider them "girly" titles, theses titles are geared towards the younger ones...the reason for the story book packaging. I bought these titles for my daughter not for my wife...
Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #20
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
USA
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
I got it for $15 today.
nice deal...did you use any coupons or did they rung up for $15.00?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases