Best DigiBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The BRD Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Blue Velvet (Blu-ray)
$22.97

The Apu Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Do the Right Thing (Blu-ray)
$22.97

The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (Blu-ray)
$57.49

Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Blu-ray)
$22.97

A Film Trilogy by Ingmar Bergman (Blu-ray)
$49.99

3 Films by Roberto Rossellini Starring Ingrid Bergman (Blu-ray)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases

Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
PA
Default James Dean digibooks

An early announcement to press outlets from Warner Bros. reveals the upcoming release of all 3 James Dean films. East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause and Giant complete the the young influential actor's film career and are making their way to Blu-ray for the very first time. Each film is currently being remastered for individual Blu-ray DigiBook releases as well as a trio compilation titled the James Dean Ultimate Collector's Edition. The collection includes exclusive memorabilia, a hardcover book and documentary featurettes. The James Dean Ultimate Collector's Edition and each individual DigiBook will be released in Q2 2013.

East of Eden - In the Salinas Valley, in and around World War I, Cal Trask (Dean), feels he must compete against overwhelming odds with his brother Aron for the love of their father Adam. Cal is frustrated at every turn, from his reaction to the war, to how to get ahead in business and in life, to how to relate to estranged mother.

Rebel Without a Cause - Jim Stark (Dean) is the new kid in town. He has been in trouble elsewhere; that's why his family has had to move before. Here he hopes to find the love he doesn't get from his middle-class family. Though he finds some of this in his relation with Judy, and a form of it in both Plato's adulation and Ray's real concern for him, Jim must still prove himself to his peers in switchblade knife fights and "chickie" games in which cars race toward a seaside cliff.

Giant - Texan rancher Bick Benedict (Dean) visits a Maryland farm to buy a prize horse. Whilst there he meets and falls in love with the owner's daughter Leslie, they are married immediately and return to his ranch. The story of their family and its rivalry with cowboy and (later oil tycoon) Jett Rink unfolds across two generations.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9733
Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #2

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Great find, thanks!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #3

Dec 2009
With the Ale and Quail Club on a train to Palm Beach

Thanks for the heads up! I will get them all but especially looking forward to Giant. Last time I saw it was years ago when it appeared on TV. Unforgettable movie. Location filming was done in and around Marfa, Tx. My job frequently takes me to the trans-Pecos to visit oil field projects, and on one of these trips I found the time to drive a big loop through Marfa. The country is starkly beautiful, with the blue Davis Mountains rising above the Chihuahuan Desert. Traveling through Marfa, Alpine, Fort Stockton, and the surrounding country is a journey into the West Texas of the famed Commanche Trace and Big Bend country. The movie manages to capture much of the sense of the place. The skeleton of the Giant house is located on the Ryan Ranch near Marfa. I have seen it from a distance, but at the time didn't realize what it was.

Here is a recent article about Marfa and the movie:

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/15/138163...in-marfa-texas

BTW, the Giant description in the OP has the characters mixed up. Dean plays Jett Rink. Rock Hudson plays Benedict.

Last edited by oildude; 10-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Banned

Oct 2009
|limbo of the banned|
Send a message via Skype™ to nefilim

this is wonderful news !!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
Special Member

Jan 2008
Green Valley, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildude View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I will get them all but especially looking forward to Giant. lat time I saw it was years ago when it appeared on TV. Unforgettable movie. Location filming was done in and around Marfa, Tx. My job frequently takes me to the trans-Pecos to visit oil field projects, and on one of these trips I found the time to drive a big loop through Marfa. The country is starkly beautiful, with the blue Davis Mountains rising above the Chihuahuan Desert. Traveling through Marfa, Alpine, Fort Stockton, and the surrounding country is a journey into the West Texas of the famed Commanche Trace and Big Bend country. The movie manages to capture much of the sense of the place. The skeleton of the Giant house is located on the Ryan Ranch near Marfa. I have seen it from a distance, but at the time didn't realize what it was.

Here is a recent article about Marfa and the movie:

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/15/138163...in-marfa-texas

BTW, the Giant description in the OP has the characters mixed up. Dean plays Jett Rink. Rock Hudson plays Benedict.
Thank you. You beat me to it. James Dean plays the outcast Jett Rink who eventually makes good. How ironic the movie replaces traditional ranching to the evolving discovery and production of oil in Texas.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
Power Member

Aug 2007
Singapore

i love digis
Old 10-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #7

Mar 2012
Greece

I have been waiting a release like this for years!!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
Banned

Oct 2009
|limbo of the banned|

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRealist View Post
An early announcement to press outlets from Warner Bros. reveals the upcoming release of all 3 James Dean films. East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause and Giant complete the the young influential actor's film career and are making their way to Blu-ray for the very first time. Each film is currently being remastered for individual Blu-ray DigiBook releases as well as a trio compilation titled the James Dean Ultimate Collector's Edition. The collection includes exclusive memorabilia, a hardcover book and documentary featurettes. The James Dean Ultimate Collector's Edition and each individual DigiBook will be released in Q2 2013.

East of Eden - In the Salinas Valley, in and around World War I, Cal Trask (Dean), feels he must compete against overwhelming odds with his brother Aron for the love of their father Adam. Cal is frustrated at every turn, from his reaction to the war, to how to get ahead in business and in life, to how to relate to estranged mother.

Rebel Without a Cause - Jim Stark (Dean) is the new kid in town. He has been in trouble elsewhere; that's why his family has had to move before. Here he hopes to find the love he doesn't get from his middle-class family. Though he finds some of this in his relation with Judy, and a form of it in both Plato's adulation and Ray's real concern for him, Jim must still prove himself to his peers in switchblade knife fights and "chickie" games in which cars race toward a seaside cliff.

Giant - Texan rancher Bick Benedict (Dean) visits a Maryland farm to buy a prize horse. Whilst there he meets and falls in love with the owner's daughter Leslie, they are married immediately and return to his ranch. The story of their family and its rivalry with cowboy and (later oil tycoon) Jett Rink unfolds across two generations.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9733
...something is not quite right in Giants plot review
Old 12-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Detroit, MI ~ USA
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
...something is not quite right in Giants plot review
Rock Hudson has become James Dean
Old 02-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #10
Banned

Oct 2012

I can't wait for Giant!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #11

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
Great find, thanks!
We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
Power Member

Aug 2007
Singapore

any news on this yet? thanks
Old 06-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #13

Jan 2012
Ontario, Canada

A boxed set of the three films is now up for pre-order on Amazon.fr:

http://www.amazon.fr/James-Dean-G%C3...dp/B00D4AXNBG/

Last edited by abudgell; 06-22-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added cover art
Old 06-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149

I'm hoping that this gets a UK release
Old 06-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
Banned

Oct 2009
|limbo of the banned|

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl149 View Post
I'm hoping that this gets a UK release
+1

looks very very nice
Old 07-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #16

Oct 2010

these are up for preorder now on amazon.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #17
Power Member

Aug 2007
Singapore

pre-ordered all
Old 08-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #18

Nov 2011
Titan

I am not sure if this was asked before but does the box set include the Digibook packaging for all 3?

Cheers,
CC-
Old 08-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #19
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincarl View Post
I am not sure if this was asked before but does the box set include the Digibook packaging for all 3?

Cheers,
CC-
If you want the digibooks you'll have to order them individually.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases