Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04
21 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Hell Comes to Frogtown (Blu-ray)
$21.99
5 hrs ago
Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Zombieland 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49
1 hr ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
17 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics > Character Fights

View Poll Results: Who Wins
Superman 32 39.51%
Wonder Woman 42 51.85%
Draw 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #41
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themyscira View Post
This has been done so many times people, Wonder Woman wins. I know a lot of people thinks that Superman is stronger then her, but they are actually equal in that department. The only advantage he has over Wonder Woman is his heat vision, freeze breath and he fly's faster than her.
But she has a HUGE advantage over him is her fighting skills. Even Batman stated that she is the best hand to hand combat that he has ever seen.
I think it would be an even fight as well, although (maybe because he's a Superman villain?) Darkseid always seems to do better against Diana than he does against Kal-El, not sure how accurate of a barometer that is.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #42
Banned

Mar 2013
Paradise Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
I think it would be an even fight as well, although (maybe because he's a Superman villain?)
It just depends on the writer. In one issue Wonder Woman was running at the same speed as Superman and other times she runs at the same speed as Batman.

PS: I've updated the full fight between Wonder Woman vs Superman.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #43
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
It just depends on the writer. In one issue Wonder Woman was running at the same speed as Superman and other times she runs at the same speed as Batman.

PS: I've updated the full fight between Wonder Woman vs Superman.
I like Diana a lot, I think she's a much better character than the big S but maybe that's just because she's a major hottie that runs around in barely anything most of the time. Big S grew on me a lot after Lois & Clark, Smallville and Superman Vs the Elite.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #44
Banned

Feb 2013
Russia

Quote:
Superman and Wonder Woman are both equal in strength. They both carried 1/3 of the earth.

I don't think Wonder Woman is as strong as Superman though. In a 1-10 scale, Superman is a 10 while WW is a 9.

Last edited by IMAX 3D; 03-10-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #45
Banned

Mar 2013
Paradise Island

Read Carefully

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.2 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by Themyscira; 03-10-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #46
Banned

Mar 2013
Paradise Island

as you can see, both Superman and Wonder Woman rank the same in strength (A-1).

Last edited by Themyscira; 03-10-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #47
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Yes, they have increasingly overpowered her in recent years to solidify her place in the awful "Trinity" concept that DC's brass came up with. But a character's strength levels also come from widespread fan belief and support, and only the most strident of Wonder Woman's supporters would claim she is stronger than Superman. If you want to be technical about it, Shazam would have her identical strength and speed since he draws on the same pantheon of gods as Wonder Woman.

Maybe someone should start start posting many of the humiliating pictures of her being bound by ordinary mortal men in the comics...
Old 03-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #48
Banned

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Maybe someone should start start posting many of the humiliating pictures of her being bound by ordinary mortal men in the comics...
I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about WW but why is that possible?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #49
Banned

Mar 2013
Paradise Island

Quote:
Yes, they have increasingly overpowered her in recent years to solidify her place in the awful "Trinity" concept that DC's brass came up with. But a character's strength levels also come from widespread fan belief and support, and only the most strident of Wonder Woman's supporters would claim she is stronger than Superman. If you want to be technical about it, Shazam would have her identical strength and speed since he draws on the same pantheon of gods as Wonder Woman.

1. I never said that Wonder Woman is stronger than Superman. (There both equal)

2. Shazam? Last time I've checked this is a Wonder Woman vs Superman thread.

3.True, she looses her powers if bound by a male human being. NOT by any Superheroes or villains.

4. The reason why DC increased Wonder Woman strength is because she was created to be an equal to Superman... have you ever read the article?

Last edited by Themyscira; 03-10-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #50
Banned

Mar 2013
Paradise Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADP00L View Post
I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about WW but why is that possible?
Her powers would be removed in accordance with "Aphrodite's Law" if she allowed herself to be bound or chained by a male. However the effects of this varied.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #51
Banned

Feb 2013

Quote:
Just like how Superman looses his powers with Green Kryptonite. But DC removed that weakness from Wonder Woman in the 80's though.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #52
Banned

Mar 2013
Paradise Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Aniston View Post
Just like how Superman looses his powers with Green Kryptonite. But DC removed that weakness from Wonder Woman in the 80's though.
Exactly.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #53
Banned

Dec 2012

Quote:

I'm starting to think that you hate WW. Every time when somebody shows proof that she can defeat Superman, you always make a lame excuse.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #54
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I like Wonder Woman, George Perez's run on the character in the mid-80s was great. The problem is that her character has been handled in all sorts of different ways over the years with a rotating supporting cast and weak, unmemorable villains. They practically wrote Steve Trevor out of her series for decades, the only other character from her supporting cast the general public could name. She has probably worked better in the Justice League, playing off other heroes.

I am also in full support of the current relationship between her and Superman.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:11 AM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
No, it's not from the New 52. This happened right before Infinite Crisis.
Dude, I thought we were only comparing them based on the 52 version? Otherwise we will be spit balling all day. lol! I haven't read every comic book out there so I can't make this choice based on all comics. All I can say is we've seen Superman do the impossible countless times and pretty much everyone knows what he's capable of while WW isn't as popular.

Either way, the poll doesn't lie.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #56
Banned

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3-Playb3yond View Post
Dude, I thought we were only comparing them based on the 52 version? Otherwise we will be spit balling all day. lol! I haven't read every comic book out there so I can't make this choice based on all comics. All I can say is we've seen Superman do the impossible countless times and pretty much everyone knows what he's capable of while WW isn't as popular.

Either way, the poll doesn't lie.
People lets be realistic here, the new 52 Superman sucks!!! Even Batman made him bleed with one punch!!! I don't understand why DC Comics made him significantly weaker than before? I miss the silver age Superman...
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #57
Banned

Feb 2013

Quote:
I like Wonder Woman, George Perez's run on the character in the mid-80s was great. The problem is that her character has been handled in all sorts of different ways over the years with a rotating supporting cast and weak, unmemorable villains. They practically wrote Steve Trevor out of her series for decades, the only other character from her supporting cast the general public could name. She has probably worked better in the Justice League, playing off other heroes.

I am also in full support of the current relationship between her and Superman.
I think the majority of the people knows who's Cheetah, Giganta and Circe is. The three of them aren't weak characters they can really do some serious damage to Superman. But anyways...if Superman wasn't vulnerable to magic, he would've destroy Wonder Woman any day of the week. It's like Superboy Prime vs Wonder Woman.

I do agree what Themyscira said. She's as strong as Superman BUT not as invulnerable. Sharp objects can cut or even kill Wonder Woman!!! (That's why she always deflect bullets) However, she can take heavy punches from Superman or even Darkseid. But seriously now... if Superman wasn't vulnerable to magic, Wonder Woman would've been dead along time ago...

Last edited by DisneyWorld; 03-11-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #58
Banned

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyworld View Post
I think the majority of the people knows who's Cheetah, Giganta and Circe is. The three of them aren't weak characters they can really do some serious damage to Superman. But anyways...if Superman wasn't vulnerable to magic, he would've destroy Wonder Woman any day of the week. It's like Superboy Prime vs Wonder Woman.

I do agree what Themyscira said. She is as strong as Superman BUT not as invulnerable like he is. Sharp objects can cut or even kill Wonder Woman!!! (That's why she always deflect bullets) However, she can take heavy punches from Superman or even Darkseid. But seriously if Superman wasn't vulnerable to magic, Wonder Woman would've been dead along time ago...
WOW!!! you've just changed my mind Disneyworld. I've never really have ever thought about it that way before.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #59
Banned

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyland View Post
WOW!!! you've just changed my mind Disneyworld. I've never really have ever thought about it that way before.
Glad I can help.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #60
Banned

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
I think it would be an even fight as well, although (maybe because he's a Superman villain?) Darkseid always seems to do better against Diana than he does against Kal-El,not sure how accurate of a barometer that is.
What I've previously said earlier, Darkseid isn't vulnerable to magic.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics > Character Fights

Tags
new 52