Best iTunes Movie Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: The Bourne Ultimate Collection… $19.99 (13 mins left)
Prime: How to Train Your Dragon: The … $11.99 (43 mins left)
Prime: Halloween $9.99 (1 hour left)
Prime: Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague $17.11 (3 mins left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$79.93
21 hrs ago
Shazam/Aquaman 2-Film Bundle (iTunes)
$24.99
21 hrs ago
Westworld: Season 1-2 (iTunes)
$24.99

The Wrestler (iTunes)
$4.99
51 min ago
Star Trek 3-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory, Seasons 1-12 (iTunes)
$99.99

Alien 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
Justice League / Batman v Superman (iTunes)
$24.99
21 hrs ago
Us (iTunes)
$12.99
21 hrs ago
Aquaman (iTunes)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
Doctor Who, New Year's Day Special: Resolution 2019 (iTunes)
$2.99
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 03-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #1

Jan 2012
cali
Default Return a Walmart Pre order

Has anyone had a good experience trying to return a Pre-order to walmart?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #2

Oct 2012

I tried it once, they couldn't do it due to different barcodes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
Power Member

Sep 2012

You could carefully peal stick off and try to return to Walmart without the receipt and get store credit. I wouldn't say anything about the pre-order and say you got it as gift. Remember Wal-mart tracks your returns and you are limited to the number no receipt returns.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #4

Sep 2010

As a side note, do you lose your digital copy from your VUDU account if you return a preorder?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Special Member

Feb 2013
The US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiovanni View Post
As a side note, do you lose your digital copy from your VUDU account if you return a preorder?
Not sure in this case but places like best buy will charge you for the digital copy.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
AZ, USA

It's easy to return the preorder if the sealed preorder pack hasn't been opened (I just did that last week with Les Miserables). However, after the pack has been opened and the code has been used, I imagine it is like the regular return policy on Blu-rays, which is most likely exchanges only.

And as many posters have pointed out, the mailed copies carry a different barcode sticker. I guess you could take off the sticker and return it as a no receipt return, but its something you don't want to do often.

Last edited by disneywildcat; 03-13-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #7

Sep 2010

S0 how do they adjust the price for the movie then if the price changes from the day of preorder to release day?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Quote:
S0 how do they adjust the price for the movie then if the price changes from the day of preorder to release day?
I don't think they do, or at the very least they certainly don't have to. With the pre-order, you're paying for a different product than the general release. In many cases, beyond the physical copy of the movie, with the pre-order you're paying for access to additional features and early streaming access to the film itself.

Since they're two entirely different products, they don't have to adjust the price for you, and I doubt most stores would. I guess you'd have to try at your local store and see.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
AZ, USA

Quote:
Only preorders on Walmart.com will adjust if the release day pricing is lower, as it is a active order for the same in store release day product. However, for Walmart Vudu instore preorders, they are a different product since they offer some type of exclusive bonuses for preordering.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
Special Member

Feb 2013
The US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
Only preorders on Walmart.com will adjust if the release day pricing is lower, as it is a active order for the same in store release day product. However, for Walmart Vudu instore preorders, they are a different product since they offer some type of exclusive bonuses for preordering.
My walmart.com price never adjusted to credit me the $2.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 AM   #11
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedUp View Post
Not sure in this case but places like best buy will charge you for the digital copy.
I pre-ordered Argo Blu-ray at Bestbuy.com when you got a code to watch in early on CinemaNow and I cancelled the blu-ray disc before it shipped and Best Buy never charged me. I cancelled my Best Buy order because I had just got a amazon.com gift card.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #12

Jan 2012
cali

I was finally able to return my GOTS2 pre-order today to Wallyworld and got my $35 back. I had already gotten it from Fry's when they had it for $25. My VUDU pre-order was still in transit. I actually got it 3 weeks later. (FYI, you can't return online items to Fry's stores)

This was a complete pain in the neck. Not only did I have to explain the entire movie pre-order process to the cashier, I also had to do the same with the manager. They could not match the item from the VUDU receipt. The cashier and manager were both helpful and did as much as they could. It was a confusing process for all. At the end, the manager took my original Walmart receipt with the empty pre-order case and gave me a refund based on that. Luckily I had it with me, but too bad I had to surrender the pre-order case. oh well.

I don't think I will do pre-order of these again from Walmart until they fixed this disconnect. You can contact VUDU and they can track your package but they don't have any control over payments. You can go to a Walmart store where you bought the item from but they can't help you either b/c they don't have a means of tracking your item down. WTF?

It's going to be a very YMMV and I wish the next person going through this a better experience then me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies