Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Halloween (iTunes)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$79.93

Seinfeld, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$78.99
16 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts 2-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Shazam/Aquaman 2-Film Bundle (iTunes)
$24.99

300: Rise of an Empire (iTunes)
$4.99

Westworld: Season 1-2 (iTunes)
$24.99

Justice League / Batman v Superman (iTunes)
$24.99

Us (iTunes)
$12.99

The Dark Crystal (iTunes)
$4.99

Jackie (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 03-31-2013, 02:48 AM   #1

Mar 2013
Default USA VUDU outside usa on smart tv. Is it possible?

I was just wondering before i start my UV collection does anyone know how to watch or if its possible to view usa vudu on a smart tv. If you live outside the usa. Please let me know before i start my vudu collection

If possible i would like this thread for people to explain the process on how to watch us vudu outside the united states
Old 03-31-2013, 03:40 AM   #2

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolme511 View Post
I was just wondering before i start my UV collection does anyone know how to watch or if its possible to view usa vudu on a smart tv. If you live outside the usa. Please let me know before i start my vudu collection

If possible i would like this thread for people to explain the process on how to watch us vudu outside the united states
yes you need to set up a proxy
Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
I live where you vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hqn102 View Post
yes you need to set up a proxy
on a smart TV?

I don't know TS, hope someone can give you an answer!! HDX movies on it look very good!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #4

Jan 2009

Not sure if it matters about the TV or not. Wouldn't think he would be claiming the codes on the TV, but I'd assume he uses a PC for that.
The only time the proxy would be needed is for the claiming part, at least that's what I've found

I use hidemyass.com. I'm in the U.S. Not entirely sure how it works in other parts of the world.
If I snag a UV code from the U.K. I just use the proxy to claim on whatever site - Flixster....whatever.
Once they're claimed and added to my locker I don't have any problems. I just use Vudu on my Roku to watch them, no proxy required.

Hope that helps.....or even makes sense
Old 04-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #5

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
on a smart TV?

I don't know TS, hope someone can give you an answer!! HDX movies on it look very good!
You can set it up using dd-wrt routers which should put everything using your router on a proxy
Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
The Endurance #YCC

I'm not sure you can get the app on a TV outside of the US. My sisters in England share my UV locker by joining their accounts to mine. They're not as picky as me, when it comes to picture quality. One plays via her Kindle Fire hooked up with a HDMI to her TV, the other just streams on her tablet. If your laptop has a HDMI out, then hook it up to your TV as most things stream in HD and HDX now from a PC or laptop. I think that might be the only way unless there's a way to get the app on the TV. I wonder if a US Roku would work outside of the country?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougalast View Post
Not sure if it matters about the TV or not. Wouldn't think he would be claiming the codes on the TV, but I'd assume he uses a PC for that.
The only time the proxy would be needed is for the claiming part, at least that's what I've found

I use hidemyass.com. I'm in the U.S. Not entirely sure how it works in other parts of the world.
If I snag a UV code from the U.K. I just use the proxy to claim on whatever site - Flixster....whatever.
Once they're claimed and added to my locker I don't have any problems. I just use Vudu on my Roku to watch them, no proxy required.

Hope that helps.....or even makes sense
The reason Flixster works in the manner you described is because the site is used in both the U.S. and the U.K. to varying degrees. If one country or the other wasn't supported, you'd need to use your VPN to access it all the time, even after redemption. So, what you're describing is a different situation than the one that the OP is in.

Since Vudu isn't available much of anywhere outside the U.S. (I think it's up and running in Mexico too, but that's about it), a proxy will be needed to access it each time. The only way to do that for a smart TV will be to have your router set up to automatically use the proxy site like hqn102 said.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies