Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Halloween (iTunes)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$79.93
 
Seinfeld, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$78.99
16 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts 2-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
 
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Shazam/Aquaman 2-Film Bundle (iTunes)
$24.99
 
300: Rise of an Empire (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Westworld: Season 1-2 (iTunes)
$24.99
 
Justice League / Batman v Superman (iTunes)
$24.99
 
Us (iTunes)
$12.99
 
The Dark Crystal (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Jackie (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
coolme511 coolme511 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2013
106
145
Default USA VUDU outside usa on smart tv. Is it possible?

I was just wondering before i start my UV collection does anyone know how to watch or if its possible to view usa vudu on a smart tv. If you live outside the usa. Please let me know before i start my vudu collection

If possible i would like this thread for people to explain the process on how to watch us vudu outside the united states
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:40 AM   #2
hqn102 hqn102 is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2012
238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolme511 View Post
I was just wondering before i start my UV collection does anyone know how to watch or if its possible to view usa vudu on a smart tv. If you live outside the usa. Please let me know before i start my vudu collection

If possible i would like this thread for people to explain the process on how to watch us vudu outside the united states
yes you need to set up a proxy
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
Carlanga Carlanga is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Carlanga's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
I live where you vacation
1
566
62
293
380
376
1
77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hqn102 View Post
yes you need to set up a proxy
on a smart TV?


I don't know TS, hope someone can give you an answer!! HDX movies on it look very good!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #4
dougalast dougalast is offline
Active Member
 
dougalast's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
6
26
190
33
Default

Not sure if it matters about the TV or not. Wouldn't think he would be claiming the codes on the TV, but I'd assume he uses a PC for that.
The only time the proxy would be needed is for the claiming part, at least that's what I've found

I use hidemyass.com. I'm in the U.S. Not entirely sure how it works in other parts of the world.
If I snag a UV code from the U.K. I just use the proxy to claim on whatever site - Flixster....whatever.
Once they're claimed and added to my locker I don't have any problems. I just use Vudu on my Roku to watch them, no proxy required.

Hope that helps.....or even makes sense
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
hqn102 hqn102 is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2012
238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
on a smart TV?


I don't know TS, hope someone can give you an answer!! HDX movies on it look very good!
You can set it up using dd-wrt routers which should put everything using your router on a proxy
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
Jude72 Jude72 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jude72's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
The Endurance #YCC
36
76
1021
156
Default

I'm not sure you can get the app on a TV outside of the US. My sisters in England share my UV locker by joining their accounts to mine. They're not as picky as me, when it comes to picture quality. One plays via her Kindle Fire hooked up with a HDMI to her TV, the other just streams on her tablet. If your laptop has a HDMI out, then hook it up to your TV as most things stream in HD and HDX now from a PC or laptop. I think that might be the only way unless there's a way to get the app on the TV. I wonder if a US Roku would work outside of the country?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
bsweetness bsweetness is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bsweetness's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
6
511
429
710
124
85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougalast View Post
Not sure if it matters about the TV or not. Wouldn't think he would be claiming the codes on the TV, but I'd assume he uses a PC for that.
The only time the proxy would be needed is for the claiming part, at least that's what I've found

I use hidemyass.com. I'm in the U.S. Not entirely sure how it works in other parts of the world.
If I snag a UV code from the U.K. I just use the proxy to claim on whatever site - Flixster....whatever.
Once they're claimed and added to my locker I don't have any problems. I just use Vudu on my Roku to watch them, no proxy required.

Hope that helps.....or even makes sense
The reason Flixster works in the manner you described is because the site is used in both the U.S. and the U.K. to varying degrees. If one country or the other wasn't supported, you'd need to use your VPN to access it all the time, even after redemption. So, what you're describing is a different situation than the one that the OP is in.

Since Vudu isn't available much of anywhere outside the U.S. (I think it's up and running in Mexico too, but that's about it), a proxy will be needed to access it each time. The only way to do that for a smart TV will be to have your router set up to automatically use the proxy site like hqn102 said.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 PM.