Best PS4 Game Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4)
$29.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$49.94

Days Gone (PS4)
$39.98
13 hrs ago
LEGO Marvel Collection (PS4)
$19.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$49.94

God of War (PS4)
$19.99

Rage 2 (PS4)
$39.99

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4)
$19.99

Anthem (PS4)
$14.99

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
$19.99

Warhammer: Chaosbane (PS4)
$29.99

Ni No Kuni II - Revenant Kingdom Collector's Edition (PS4)
$49.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 06-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #21

Mar 2013

People are uninformed in general and not just about games. To think uninformed parents raise uninformed children that follow suit and if they don't follow their parents chances are they'd be confused about the world where misinformation is rampant and then you can't trust other people or even yourself when you realize how many times you've misinterpreted something and things didn't work out for you. Seriously, this world is a mess.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

I don't know about how other people feel about it, but gaming has been my primary hobby and vice for the past two and a half decades.

While I would normally just nod and shrug when people are ignorant, this is the first time I can remember where it really matters because what Microsoft is doing threatens to dismantle everything I love about this hobby.

I love being able to share moments with friends and family while doing something enjoyable, and that extends to gaming. I often loan games to my sister and my nephew, and it's one element that helps us stay "in tune" with one another as family members.

If Microsoft does well with the Xbox One because too many people are clueless and "don't see the harm", then the console gaming I've loved will have died, and it will be our own fault for letting it happen.

No longer will I be able to have a shelf with a place of pride where I can keep my gaming library.

No longer will I be able to hand a game to a friend or family member that I know will enjoy it and say "Here, try this. I know you'll like it."

PC gaming is great, but it doesn't instill community and togetherness in the way console gaming does. I do my fair share of PC gaming too, but it's not the same, and I'd hate to see another console market crash, maybe a permanent one, if Microsoft has their way and all the major players follow suit next time.

As such, I've taken it upon myself to (gently) educate people who ask, through personal interactions and social media. If console video gaming is doomed, I will not let that be because I let it die.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4