Best PS4 Game Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: George Carlin Commemorative Co… $36.49 (86% claimed)
Prime: The Marx Brothers Silver Scree… $14.99 (3 hours left)
Prime: Apollo 11 $12.99 (69% claimed)
Prime: Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate… $49.99 (51% claimed)
Prime: Halloween $9.99 (45% claimed)
Prime: Blue Planet II 4K $22.89 (2 hours left)
Prime: Back to the Future: 30th Anniv… $14.99 (4 hours left)
Prime: The Bourne Ultimate Collection… $19.99 (8 hours left)
Prime: Spice & Wolf: Anime Classics C… $24.59 (4 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collec… $26.99 (6 hours left)
Prime: Shin Godzilla $14.39 (3 hours left)
Prime: The Fifth Element 4K (20th Ann… $15.99 (24% claimed)
Prime: Serenity 4K $11.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 4K (2… $29.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Fighting with My Family (Direc… $12.99 (7 hours left)
Prime: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle $10.00 (4 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 3D $19.99 (8% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4)
$29.99

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4)
$19.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$49.94
14 hrs ago
Rage 2 (PS4)
$39.99

LEGO Marvel Collection (PS4)
$19.99

Anthem (PS4)
$14.99

God of War (PS4)
$19.99

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
$19.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$49.94

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
$19.99

Warhammer: Chaosbane (PS4)
$29.99

Days Gone (PS4)
$39.98
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!
Default E3 2013: Rainbow 6: Patriots is Next-Gen

source: IGN

Ubisoft has confirmed that Rainbow 6: Patriots is now a next-gen game. Despite being announced in 2011 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key has confirmed to IGN that Rainbow 6 will now be headed to next-gen platforms.

“We can’t -- and we don’t want to -- make ten giant blockbuster games at the same time,” Key told IGN. “We’re absolutely making another Rainbow 6. We’ve already said so. We just, as we enter this new generation, have to make sure we make the right game at the right time with the right feature sets."

"And Rainbow 6 got caught in the transition of going to next-gen and essentially we’re figuring out ‘well, are we making the right game for the right hardware systems?’ And you know, on Watch Dogs, the guys have been working on that game and it’s always been a next-generation game in their minds and the way they were designing it. And at the end of the day when the specs showed up for next generation, they had guessed right. That’s not always the case.”

“Sometimes you have to take a step back and go ‘you know, I’m seeing the possibilities, but it's gonna take more time,’” Key added. “We don’t really have anything else to announce or say about Rainbow 6, but we will say it’s a really exciting project for us and we can’t wait to say more.”

For further clarification, we directly asked Key if it’s safe to say the game will be next-gen at this point, and he simply said “yes.”

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/12/12...-debut-trailer

It's worth noting that Key never specifically referred to the title as "Patriots," and we've reached out to Ubisoft for additional clarification regarding whether or not the game's title remains the same.

Key's statements today confirm comments from Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot last year, who said at the time that there was a “good chance” of Rainbow 6 making the transition between consoles.

Look out for much more from Tony Key and Ubisoft in the days ahead.

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 06-13-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Next-Gen was confirmed a while ago.

We had this info up in the ps3 thread for a while now.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

here i thought i found something that wasnt posted yet...
Old 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
here i thought i found something that wasnt posted yet...
lol

It is hard to keep up... and I am sure the old thread is buried on the ps3 section.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Hopefully they can polish it up real good. I remember the first? Rainbow game that launched on PS3. I played it and though it sucked. Not only that, the friggin game glicthed out and I couldn't get past the level i'd worked hard to get to from then on . NEVER played it again!

Might see if the morons released a fix, or i'll have to delete the game stuff and try again
Old 06-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #6

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Hopefully they can polish it up real good. I remember the first? Rainbow game that launched on PS3. I played it and though it sucked. Not only that, the friggin game glicthed out and I couldn't get past the level i'd worked hard to get to from then on . NEVER played it again!

Might see if the morons released a fix, or i'll have to delete the game stuff and try again
I really enjoyed Rainbow Six Vegas on the xbox 360. I think the PS3 version was more buggy.

Glad this is coming to next gen consoles instead and I hope they keep the Terrorist Hunt mode. I still play that mode in Vegas 2 on ocassion and people are still online playing.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mal View Post
I think the PS3 version was more buggy.
I only played the Terrorist Hunt mode and don't remember ever having any issues.

My fear with the Terrorist Hunt mode for Rainbow 6: Patriots is the mode will end up like the "hoard" mode that we have seen games like Gears of War and Halo. I would much rather they keep in tact or add a few more enemies with a 4 player co-op, than do some big massive thing to it.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #8

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
I only played the Terrorist Hunt mode and don't remember ever having any issues.

My fear with the Terrorist Hunt mode for Rainbow 6: Patriots is the mode will end up like the "hoard" mode that we have seen games like Gears of War and Halo. I would much rather they keep in tact or add a few more enemies with a 4 player co-op, than do some big massive thing to it.
As much as I loved Terrorist Hunt mode, it did have spawning issues. Every once in a while a Terrorist would spawn right in front of me, instantly killing me with one bullet before I could react. Some of the maps have very predictable spawn points as well, so you could memorize how many terrorists would spawn in a certain place before moving on to another area of the map and the AI does stupid stuff - like climbing up the same ladder after you've killed the previous 10 guys that climbed up there.

I'll be happy with Terrorist hunt mode if they keep pretty much everything the same and just improve the spawning and AI.

Last edited by Captain Mal; 06-13-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Chicago

Rainbow Six Vegas was awesome on Xbox 360. Two was awful in my opinon. Definitely excited to hear about this one though.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #10

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrex View Post
Rainbow Six Vegas was awesome on Xbox 360. Two was awful in my opinon. Definitely excited to hear about this one though.
The first one has a great campaign. Two has a crappy campaign, but I like the customization and Terrorist Hunt mode better.

Hopefully this new one has campaign co-op.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4