Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Judgment (PS4)
$39.99

Kill la Kill - IF (PS4)
$49.94

F1 2019 (PS4)
$49.99

Days Gone (PS4)
$39.98

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
$19.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$49.94

Wreckfest (PS4)
$33.99
39 min ago
Rage 2 (PS4)
$39.99

Divinity: Original Sin II (PS4)
$19.99

Monster Hunter World: Iceborn (PS4)
$49.94

LEGO DC Super-Villains (PS4)
$19.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$49.94

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 06-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008
Default RUMOR: God of War: Redemption (PS4/PSVita)

Saw this on another forum. Interesting. Not sure if it's real or not, but ...

Ascension DID just come out though, but maybe this is for March of next year? Assassins Creeds are pumped out every year, so why not GOW?

--------------------------

Fresh out the rumor bin for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita comes a leaked image for God of War: Redemption. Check it out right here!

The following image has been making it’s way around the internet, but is it legitimate? Take a look.

If this image is legit, then this would be the 8th God of War game in the series. Images like this could be faked, but given the track record for the God of War series, it wouldn’t be too shocking if this turned out to be true. Let us know your thoughts below.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
Banned

May 2013

Given that the God of War collections are confirmed for the vita it is more then possible. God of War is to big of a franchise to just let die. I do imagine that they would have to make two separate games though, the vita wouldn't be able to handle God of War 3 or Ascension let alone what will likely be present on a God of War on the ps4.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Cali
Send a message via AIM to JonD7 Send a message via MSN to JonD7 Send a message via Yahoo to JonD7

Wish Santa Monica would just make another IP already... ugh, they won't be able to top III.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #4
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD7 View Post
Wish Santa Monica would just make another IP already... ugh, they won't be able to top III.
I have to agree. I love the GOW series, but I'd like to see the series take a breather and Santa Monica try something new.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Oxford

If Sony Santa Monica were to wring one final game out of the GoW franchise, then a title where kratos redeem's himself for his visceral misdeeds is the best way to go. And after that Mr Stig Assmusen can forward his own career with a new IP.

Also, bear in mind that Assmusen had no creative input into Ascension, so this game has, in effect, been in development for at least 2 years.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I have to agree. I love the GOW series, but I'd like to see the series take a breather and Santa Monica try something new.
You mean aside from the TWO new IP's they're working on for Playstation 4 already?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Banned

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
If Sony Santa Monica were to wring one final game out of the GoW franchise, then a title where kratos redeem's himself for his visceral misdeeds is the best way to go. And after that Mr Stig Assmusen can forward his own career with a new IP.
God of War 3 already did this.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

I think they should do the story that David Jaffe originally had planned for God of War III. That would have been epically awesome.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/m...affe-interview

Quote:
David Jaffe's Cut Plot

In an interview with GameTrailers.com, David Jaffe explained his story to God of War III. The first cutscene featured Oceanus in his water form (similar to Poseidon's God form) killing Hermes. Kratos then would fight Zeus in the opening boss fight and kill him. Then a portal opens on Mt. Olympus where the Egyptian and Norse Gods descend from. The Titans and the Greek, Egyptian, and Norse Gods wage a war to determine who would ultimately rule the world. Kratos then discovers the power to teleport back and forth through Norway, Egypt, and Greece. Kratos encounters Stheno and takes her head in a boss fight. Then in another boss fight with the Sphinx, Kratos uses Stheno's head to turn the beast into stone (and that's how we have the Sphinx statue today in Egypt). Kratos then realizes the way to permanently kill a God is to get mortals to stop believing in them. Kratos' plan was already in effect because the Gods were focused on ruling the world and had their minds off of the mortals. Thus, the mortal world was under natural disasters. The mortals stopped believing in the Gods, which weakend them. Kratos & the Titans kill off the remaining Gods. Kratos then uses the Blades of Athena to slit his wrists, resulting in another trip to the Underworld where he is reunited with his wife & daughter. The final cutscene showed the Three Wise Men heading to the North Star resulting with the birth of Christianity.

Bit of War, a God of War III demake, follows David Jaffe's version of the plot loosely.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Oh god no. I will be disappointed if SM do ANOTHER GoW game. Those are seriously all played out. The series doesn't need a 7th entry anytime soon and I wish they'd move onto another IP. Id like them to resurrect Heavenly Sword or create something original
Old 06-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Oh god no. I will be disappointed if SM do ANOTHER GoW game. Those are seriously all played out. The series doesn't need a 7th entry anytime soon and I wish they'd move onto another IP. Id like them to resurrect Heavenly Sword or create something original
As I pointed out they ARE bringing out TWO new IP's for Playstation 4 already. So it's not like all they're doing is GOW stuff.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
As I pointed out they ARE bringing out TWO new IP's for Playstation 4 already. So it's not like all they're doing is GOW stuff.
Hohokam and The Order: 1886 are not their IPs. SM are NOT the lead developers of those games. Those are coming from Honeyslug and Ready at Dawn respectively. SM is helping out with them as they have with other Sony properties like Starhawk, Soundshapes, PS All Stars, Sorcery, Datura, Journey, etc... The only internally developed games that they have made this past gen has been the God of War titles. They haven't created a new IP in years
Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Hohokam and The Order: 1886 are not their IPs. SM are NOT the lead developers of those games. Those are coming from Honeyslug and Ready at Dawn respectively. SM is helping out with them as they have with other Sony properties like Starhawk, Soundshapes, PS All Stars, Sorcery, Datura, Journey, etc... The only internally developed games that they have made this past gen has been the God of War titles. They haven't created a new IP in years
Semantics really. Whether they are the lead devs or they are supporting devs, they are still working on two new IP's that are unrelated to GOW. And they were sharing credits on at least half the GOW series as well.

EDIT: also in both of those trailers for the games Santa Monica's name comes first, so wouldn't that mean they are the lead devs?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
Semantics really. Whether they are the lead devs or they are supporting devs, they are still working on two new IP's that are unrelated to GOW. And they were sharing credits on at least half the GOW series as well.

EDIT: also in both of those trailers for the games Santa Monica's name comes first, so wouldn't that mean they are the lead devs?

That means nothing. SM's name comes first in most of the trailers for games they have supported. No one is claiming that Journey , PS All Stars, and Starhawk are SM's games and not thatgamecompany, Superbot and Lightbox's. SM helps fund and supports Sony's second party projects. Those aren't their own IPs that they create. GoW is the only one that is theirs
Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:

That means nothing. SM's name comes first in most of the trailers for games they have supported. No one is claiming that Journey , PS All Stars, and Starhawk are SM's games and not thatgamecompany, Superbot and Lightbox's. SM helps fund and supports Sony's second party projects. Those aren't their own IPs that they create. GoW is the only one that is theirs
oh okay, gotcha.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #15
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

i'm always game for another god of war game!!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
So you'd rather not see what God of War could look like on the PS4? Because I'm pretty certain GoW on the PS4 is going to be jaw-dropping. How about we wait and see what the studio can do with the franchise on the PS4 before we start clamoring for a new IP.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
So you'd rather not see what God of War could look like on the PS4? Because I'm pretty certain GoW on the PS4 is going to be jaw-dropping. How about we wait and see what the studio can do with the franchise on the PS4 before we start clamoring for a new IP.
Well I had the same thoughts as him and yes Id rather not see what GoW would look like on the PS4, at least not anytime soon. Will it look jaw dropping? Definetly but graphics arent everything. Im sure a different IP from them would look gorgeous as well. And Ive been clamoring for a new IP from them for years. GoW has been beaten to death IMO and has gotten stale. Its been past time for them to move on and create something new and original. What I love about a studio like ND is how they keep switching things up and have been allowed to try out new things across 3 generation of PS consoles. Wish the same would apply to SM whom have been stuck with GoW since they created it last gen.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

"sigh" I am exhausted with the God of War franchise. Part 3 was great but I didn't even bother with Ascention. I just wish they would give this one a rest for a while.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
"sigh" I am exhausted with the God of War franchise. Part 3 was great but I didn't even bother with Ascention. I just wish they would give this one a rest for a while.
For a while? There was a 3 year gap between GoW 3 and Ascension.

It's not like this was a yearly release.

Last edited by MerrickG; 06-24-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
For a while? There was a 3 year gap between GoW 3 and Ascension.

It's not like this was a yearly release.
I know but we've had 4 console God of Wars plus 2 hand helds, 6 total in the last what, 10 years? I'm just saying I think it's time to put this franchise on ice for a while and let the company make something new.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4