Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
10 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics > Character Fights

View Poll Results: Who wins this fight?
Martian Manhunter 18 51.43%
Thor 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #1

Mar 2013
ソウル
USA Martian Manhunter Vs Thor

Martian Manhunter

Abilities
  • Superhuman Strength (Same level as Superman)
  • Shape-Shifting*
  • Invisibility
  • Superhuman Durability
  • Invulnerable
  • Flight
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Super Hearing
  • Super Breath
  • Heat Vision
  • X-ray Vision
  • Martian Vision*
  • Telepathy
  • Mental Shields
  • Mind Control

[Show spoiler]Shape-Shifting, Malleability, Plasticity, Elongation: The most incredible of the powers of the Manhunter is the ability to shape-shift. He is able to literally control the molecular structure of his body's bio-polymer and make it resemble anything he wants. He can form clothing and weapons with non-moving or non-functioning parts. There does not seem to be any limit to the number of people the Manhunter can imitate and has stood in as a double for many famous people. His ability to imitate people and their mannerisms has stood him in good stead for his disguises. He has recently been seen to shape-shift into the size and shape of a common house fly and to enormous sizes comparable to skyscrapers. He is also able to change colors.

[Show spoiler]Martian Vision: The actual nature of this power seems to vary depending on the reports. It has been seen to be a bolt of force, directed by the Manhunter's eyes causing considerable damage, he has shown that he could easily cause damage greater than 1000 lbs of TNT. It has also been seen to cause flammable objects to catch fire. The range of this power is also unknown but has been seen to be effective at ranges of 1000 feet and more. He can increase the power of his Martian Vision to levels that would even injure the likes of Superman. It also grants J'onn the ability to see into other spectrums of light. J'onn can use his Martian vision to see the invisible. For example, upon their first meeting, J'onn's power allowed him to see past Gypsy's Metahuman camouflage ability; other effects unknown.

Weaknesses
  • Psychic Pyrophobia*

[Show spoiler]Psychic Pyrophobia: The Martian Manhunter has a psychosomatic fear of fire. It is unknown what the source of this fear is, whether it is a personal fear or a cultural fear, but whichever it is, it is a paralytic fear with the Manhunter. Exposure to fire, causes him to lose his powers, and in the case of extreme fire, to lose his control over his biomorphic form. The Manhunter is more vulnerable in this form and can take damage in this vulnerable state

VS

Thor

Abilities
  • Superhuman Strength (as strong as Hercules)
  • Godlike Invulnerability
  • Superhuman Stamina
  • Superhuman Senses
  • Super Breath
  • Self Sustenance
  • Lightning/Electrokinesis
  • Rain
  • Memory Alteration

Weaponry
  • Mjolnir (Control Weather Abilities, flight, energy projection and absorption, dimensional travel, matter manipulation, God Blast, Thermo-blast, and Anti-Force.)
  • Belt of Stength (Doubles Thor's Strength and Endurance.)

Weaknesses
  • Warriors Madness*
  • High level Magic*
  • Vulnerable to Cosmic Beings*

[Show spoiler]Warriors Madness: also known as the Sin Unpardonable. Warrior's Madness is the most forbidden malady in Asgard by law of Odin. Any who fall under it must pay the penalty, only the most bitter sacrifice can atone for it. Despite this allowing Thor to increase his strength and stamina tenfold, this threatens Thor's sanity. Symptoms include massive headaches, mentally erratic, savage, animalistic, uncontrollable behavior, and unreasoning.

Despite his godlike invulnerability, Thor is susceptible to the highest forms of magic. Only high level magical users of the likes of Odin, Zeus, Hades, Seth, etc. can effect him. He is also vulnerable to cosmic beings such as Galactus, the Beyonder, Ego the Living Planet, the Stranger, etc. He can also be physically hurt by the strongest of beings on the level of the Sentry, Thanos, and the Silver Surfer.

Last edited by Sung Hi Lee; 08-27-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

J'Onn J'Onzz stomps.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
Banned

Feb 2013
Cool Martian Manhunter Vs Thor

I think Martian Manhunter wins this fight. He has been able to control Gods before and I'm pretty sure that Thor doesnt have any sort of resistance to it either.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #4

Nov 2009

Wow, I didn't know MM was that strong. Makes Superman look weaker than him.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #5
Banned

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technodrome View Post
Wow, I didn't know MM was that strong. Makes Superman look weaker than him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 946182-421938_275368_150988_superman_super_super.jpg (54.0 KB, 74 views)
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Manhunter's strength as a character has been overplayed by modern writers in an attempt to enhance his popularity. His main weakness is one of the most common things on Earth and in actuality would be one of the easier heroes to take out in a fight.

Thor shoots lightning and triggers a fire, Manhunter falls apart. So many villains have fire-based powers...
Old 08-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #7
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Manhunter's strength as a character has been overplayed by modern writers in an attempt to enhance his popularity. His main weakness is one of the most common things on Earth and in actuality would be one of the easier heroes to take out in a fight.

Thor shoots lightning and triggers a fire, Manhunter falls apart. So many villains have fire-based powers...
Which is why Superman would probably beat him as well, just by staring at him really intensely. I still think J'Onn would win unless Thor figured out his weakness really quickly.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #8
Banned

Feb 2013

Martian
Old 08-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #9
Banned

Jan 2013
Send a message via Yahoo to DC UNIVERSE.

J'onn beats Thor with or without telepathy. Didn't MM mind rape Spectre. How is Thor going to fair any better?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
Power Member

Apr 2009

Going with MM here because of the mental abilities. Not sure how Thor would handle those...
Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
Banned

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC UNIVERSE. View Post
J'onn beats Thor with or without telepathy. Didn't MM mind rape Spectre. How is Thor going to fair any better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
Going with MM here because of the mental abilities. Not sure how Thor would handle those...
I do not see MM mind controlling Thor easily, and probably not at all while he is in Warrior's Madness.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #12
Banned

Apr 2013

A God versus a Alien? Heh, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure that one out. Thor beats Matian Manhunter easy!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
Banned

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD ELITE View Post
A God versus a Alien? Heh, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure that one out. Thor beats Matian Manhunter easy!

Man, I hate me when people think that and use it as an argument. I mean how many times has being a "god" stopped Thor from being beaten from a non god being.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #14
Banned

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Marvel View Post
I do not see MM mind controlling Thor easily, and probably not at all while he is in Warrior's Madness.
What if Martian Manhunter doesn't use his mental attacks and fights Thor physically, do you think he has a chance at beating Thor?

Last edited by DC UNIVERSE.; 08-28-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #15
Banned

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC UNIVERSE. View Post

Man, I hate me when people think that and use it as an argument. I mean how many times has being a "god" stopped Thor from being beaten from a non god being.
+1

If Thor was as powerful as many are making him out to be there would be no point in having the Avengers.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:47 AM   #16
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKEST NIGHT View Post
+1

If Thor was as powerful as many are making him out to be there would be no point in having the Avengers.
J'Onn J'Onzz would just beat him when he's human and call it a day.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:43 AM   #17
Banned

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Marvel View Post
If Doctor Octopus and Charles Xavier was able to mind control Thor, I don't see MM having any problems controlling him.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #18
Banned

Mar 2013
Paradise Island

Martian Manhunter.

The only advantage I would give to Martian Manhunter is his mental abilities. Other than that, I would say they are pretty equal in power. Phasing and becoming intangible won't help Martian Manhunter, because Thor has shown to be able to hit intangible beings before.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics > Character Fights