Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Quantum Leap: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
€88.97
12 hrs ago
Airwolf: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
€49.97
12 hrs ago
Eurocrime Box (Blu-ray)
€34.97
12 hrs ago
Bud Spencer & Terence Hill: 20er Mega Blu-ray Collection (Blu-ray)
€74.97
12 hrs ago
Outlander: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
€24.40
11 hrs ago
The Son: Season One (Blu-ray)
€10.97
12 hrs ago
The 4400: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
€49.97
12 hrs ago
Child's Play (Blu-ray)
€23.99

Arrival + Life + Passengers 4K (Blu-ray)
€36.26

Vampire gegen Herakles (Blu-ray)
€19.97
12 hrs ago
Star Trek Three Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
€18.00

I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
€19.97
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 01-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #141
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Glasgow, UK

6 SCHWEDINNEN HINTER GITTERN(DIE SCHWEDINNEN COLLECTION)
6 Swedes Behind Bars (1980) aka Ballgame

Release date 26 February 2015
Uncut German And English Audio and English Subtitles

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?...ducts_id=57929

[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
chip75 (01-28-2015), ghostwhowalks (01-26-2015), Wireduck1 (01-26-2015)
Old 02-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #142
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Ilsa: The Mad Butcher Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Thanks given by:
chip75 (02-08-2015)
Old 02-05-2015, 01:01 AM   #143
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgamiittoMcJ View Post
6 SCHWEDINNEN HINTER GITTERN(DIE SCHWEDINNEN COLLECTION)
6 Swedes Behind Bars (1980) aka Ballgame

Release date 26 February 2015
Uncut German And English Audio and English Subtitles

This is confusing. The only listing I can find for this is as an adult (XXX) film running 85 minutes and in English under the title Ballgame (1980). The credits are in English and the names are the same (though only "Ann Perry-Rhine" is credited as director), but this version is credited to Evolution Enterprises.

To be clear, this is not like the Franco films, where hardcore scenes were inserted after the fact. This is clearly footage that was shot at the same time with the same performers and meant to be in the film (or at least an "uncut" version of the film).

Obviously, the 77-minute run time is concerning. If this is simply a recut XXX film with the explicit sex removed, then I'm confused what the point of the release is. Illusions could easily release it completely intact.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:41 PM   #144

Oct 2012
Hendersonville, NC

So where the heck is "Ilsa She-Wolf Of The SS??

That's the one I want!
Old 02-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #145
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
To be clear, this is not like the Franco films, where hardcore scenes were inserted after the fact. This is clearly footage that was shot at the same time with the same performers and meant to be in the film (or at least an "uncut" version of the film).

Obviously, the 77-minute run time is concerning. If this is simply a recut XXX film with the explicit sex removed, then I'm confused what the point of the release is. Illusions could easily release it completely intact.
It is annoying that you don't know what you'll get! I pre-ordered Ein Sommer auf dem Lande and was terribly disappointed with the cuts in that, the Blu-ray release is an inferior version. I have nothing against softcore erotica and actually prefer it to stay softcore, if it's nothing but inserts or body-double scenes added but I'm annoyed when we get watered down adult classics (and there's little information before you buy) when they can be presented as intended.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #146
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2013
The Ocean State
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnohighball View Post
So where the heck is "Ilsa She-Wolf Of The SS??

That's the one I want!
http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=49286

It appears to be region free, though no subtitles.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:07 PM   #147

Feb 2011

Unfortunately, I just confirmed that my Ballgame DVD is 86 minutes long, matching the information at the IMDB and IAFD. The Back of the 6 Schwedinnen Hinter Gittern blu-ray lists the running time at 77 minutes. It looks like we're stuck with the recut German softcore version.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:00 PM   #148
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvg00 View Post
Unfortunately, I just confirmed that my Ballgame DVD is 86 minutes long, matching the information at the IMDB and IAFD. The Back of the 6 Schwedinnen Hinter Gittern blu-ray lists the running time at 77 minutes. It looks like we're stuck with the recut German softcore version.
Disappointing. It would be fantastic if we had both versions on one BD. The softcore versions often pale in comparison!
Old 03-09-2015, 10:59 PM   #149
Power Member

Jul 2012
In the darkest depths of Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvg00 View Post
I can confirm that. The disc arrived and it is the softcore only version. Makes me wonder why Amazon.de didn't chose to stock it?
Old 07-16-2015, 04:05 AM   #150
Power Member

Jul 2012
In the darkest depths of Mordor

Another Goya release this month. http://www.amazon.de/Das-Bildnis-Dor...s=Monica+Swinn

Looks like a 7 minute cut version of Marquise Von Sade?

Last edited by Wireduck1; 07-16-2015 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #151
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireduck1 View Post
Another Goya release this month. http://www.amazon.de/Das-Bildnis-Dor...s=Monica+Swinn

Looks like a 7 minute cut version of Marquise Von Sade?
So the one Amazon removed from their site was uncut and this is the cut BD? Have Ascot Elite done that before? or is this version different enough to warrant a purchase?
Old 07-18-2015, 07:35 AM   #152
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Stockholm, but Sussex when back in UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
So the one Amazon removed from their site was uncut and this is the cut BD? Have Ascot Elite done that before? or is this version different enough to warrant a purchase?
The earlier version which was one of the first of the Goya range to be released was the German equivalent of unrated so I believe illegal for Amazon.de to sell, they don't offer any titles at that rating level.

Back to this film I believe this recut version of the film without the explicit stuff did get a separate release a year later. Gets a separate entry in the filmography in Stephen Thrower's fantastic book Muderous Passions The Delirious Cinema of Jesus Franco, which has just been published.

Would really recommend the book a great read, although you should note it's only part 1 of his career. Part 2 which covers the later films including those in the Goya Collection is not due to be published for a few years.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Murderous-Pa.../dp/1907222316

It seems hit and miss with these Ascot BDs which are softcore and which hardcore, but then it's confusing as many of the film's were released in multiple versions like this one. Think back to others in the range I have they tend to only have the main feature in HD. If there is an alternative version either softcore or hardcore with some hidden as Easter eggs on the disks they tend to be upscale do SD and some are from very poor quality sources.

You hope in this case it is a genuine HD mastering of the film.
Thanks given by:
chip75 (07-18-2015), Wireduck1 (07-20-2015)
Old 07-18-2015, 02:46 PM   #153
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
The earlier version which was one of the first of the Goya range to be released was the German equivalent of unrated so I believe illegal for Amazon.de to sell, they don't offer any titles at that rating level.
Thanks for the insight, what is the difference between an FSK18 release and the label for Das Bildnis der Doriana Gray ?, is that the same thing or slightly higher? Are the unrated releases different again? if I remember they're similar to R18 releases in UK (even though they're not all adult titles), you can only sell them in stores (not just licenced shops like R18 titles) and Amazon can't send them by mail?
Old 07-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #154
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
-
-

Quote:
Thanks for the insight, what is the difference between an FSK18 release and the label for Das Bildnis der Doriana Gray ?, is that the same thing or slightly higher? Are the unrated releases different again? if I remember they're similar to R18 releases in UK (even though they're not all adult titles), you can only sell them in stores (not just licenced shops like R18 titles) and Amazon can't send them by mail?
One of the German members here explained their rating system some time ago.
Seems quite complicated that you can have 3 age 18 ratings.

FSK 18 (standard 18) tends to be more restrictive on violence than a UK 18. No issues with how sold but only to age 18+.

18 with special protection for the young under legislation §14 JuSchG
This is quoted in the rating logo on disk cover. If bought mail order in Germany there is an official registration process to confirm you are over 18. The new Doriana Gray is in this category along with some of the other Goya titles. Most titles at this level are NOT sold by Amazon.de They sell some but it seems hit and miss which ones.

Unrated - I believe these are illegal to sell mail order in Germany so most sold from Austria (I use D&T) or Switzerland. Can be restricted for hardcore sex or extreme violence. Three of the Goya titles are in this category :
Marquis de Sade (hardcore version of Doriana Gray we have been discussing). Amazon.de originally listed but had to pull when it got unrated classification.
Love Letters of a Portugeuse Nun
Weiße Haut auf schwarzen Schenkeln

What is interesting is that Women of Cellblock 9 which was refused classification by the BBFC and is illegal in the UK is only FSK18 in Germany. The BBFC banned it because one of the actresses was only 16 and hence illegal under the retrospective legislation which does not allow under 18s in what are considered sex works, even those made before the ban was introduced. Nudity by under 18 is still okay as seen in films like Walkabout it just can't be in a sexual context. Love Letters of a Portugeuse Nun suffers over 5 minutes of cuts in UK for the same reason, but BBFC was happy to classify that with all the problematic nudity and sex scenes cut.
Thanks given by:
chip75 (07-19-2015), Wireduck1 (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 08:30 AM   #155
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012

The cut version of DORIANA GRAY is also an extra on the original uncensored release but the extra is not English friendly; the cut version features inserts of Lina Romay walking down a spiral staircase with a sunflower in her hands whenever there is explicit sex.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:05 AM   #156
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
The cut version of DORIANA GRAY is also an extra on the original uncensored release but the extra is not English friendly; the cut version features inserts of Lina Romay walking down a spiral staircase with a sunflower in her hands whenever there is explicit sex.
I presume then this is getting a separate release so it can be more easily sold mail order in Germany and so that Amazon.de can now list it, given the unrated version is probably invisible to most German BD buyers with its sales restrictions.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #157
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
I presume then this is getting a separate release so it can be more easily sold mail order in Germany and so that Amazon.de can now list it, given the unrated version is probably invisible to most German BD buyers with its sales restrictions.
The original release isn't listed on Ascot Elite's website, just the new one, has that gone OOP? I know it's still available to order,
Old 07-20-2015, 07:30 PM   #158
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
-
-

Quote:
The original release isn't listed on Ascot Elite's website, just the new one, has that gone OOP? I know it's still available to order,
D&T have run out of stock, with the BD only available to order (assuming they can actually get stock). They do still have the DVD in stock.

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=52603
Old 08-23-2015, 10:23 PM   #159
Special Member

Jul 2010
Brisbane, QLD Australia

There is a Laura Gemser double feature coming in October.
EMANUELLE - SINNLICHKEIT HAT TAUSEND NAMEN
PROSTITUTION INTERNATIONAL
I couldn't say whether these are 'cut versions', but the running time for each film is 79 minutes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany