Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: The Buster Keaton Collection: … ()
Soon: A Dog's Purpose ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Outlander: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
€24.40

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
€14.46
12 hrs ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
€27.99

Lock Up 4K (Blu-ray)
€29.99

Hunter Killer (Blu-ray)
€8.99

Freaks of Nature (Blu-ray)
€3.00

The Huntsman: Winter's War (Blu-ray)
€4.27

Us (Blu-ray)
€25.97

The Musketeers Season 3 (Blu-ray)
€7.99

The Musketeers Season 1 (Blu-ray)
€7.99

I Want to Eat Your Pancreas (Blu-ray)
€23.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
€13.91

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 12-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #41

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrown View Post
Well, I will miss a few more or less nice movies on not so well BluRay releases.

The only point why they could be released this way is easy: No other company in Germany wants them.

Sorry, but "your Master" seem to be a MGM Cyborg BD, DNRd to the point where they cannot charge you for using their master, or bootlegging there BD parts, because technical measurements did not recognise it, and adding the slinger scenes back into.
No I do not make an "acuse" here, I just point out how your master looks alike.
You said yourself, that you only got the rights for slinger, and not cyborg...

On one point you still god a "plus": You release Versions not released very wide, or not at all, at least in Germany. Thats for me the only point why I sometimes can't avoid to buy your discs. And your company/ies tended to release some stuff which were not able to be get in germany otherwise...
Wrong. Our sources are many different sources and the final HD is very good. You would love if some other blu-rays has such a good picture quality
Old 12-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #42

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dig View Post
No point in buying your crappy blu-rays,when the dvds is looking better. Haven't you seen your own work? The CMV Laservision dvd of Leviathan is actually looking better than your blu-ray.
3000 people love your releases? That's good! But you could have 6000 or more to love your releases if they didn't look like crap.
CMV DVD is also from DigiDreams

6000 more???

You don't know the market very well
Old 12-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #43

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
So... what's going to be different in the uncut release of Quest? I don't care about extra features. I care about the cut of the movie itself.
Nothing. It's the same cut.
There's only one cut world wide.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #44

Jun 2010
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Krekel View Post
Wrong. Our sources are many different sources and the final HD is very good. You would love if some other blu-rays has such a good picture quality
It is true that some BDs look worse than the best scenes in Slinger, but you are on the wrong side saying, that the final HD is "very good". Even the best scenes in Slingere are more on the "nice try, but totally fail" side of HD. But we should stop here, because we turning in a circle.

Short said:
You say your releases are superb and the best possible.
Well: That is YOUR subjective opinion and doesn't base on objective facts. We have to respect your opinion, but we don't need to agree, just to make you happy.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #45

Oct 2009
Upstate NY
Send a message via MSN to DirkUSA

@Oliver Krekel

Does being rude to potential customers work as business model?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #46
Banned

Oct 2009

Christ. I'm so tired of purist ****s whining about DNR. The average viewer doesn't buy HD to watch a goddamn sandstorm. I know I don't. I won't bother upgrading my DVDs when the BD review says something is real grainy. I don't care if it was film or not. I don't care what the director intended. I want it to look good.

That said. Any chance of Platinum getting a hold of the director's cut of Hard Target I heard was floating around on VHS many years ago? I'm definitely itching for BD of Leon. The only DVD of that was full screen with 2.0 audio. I'm still pissed the song in the last fight is impossible to get.

Last edited by Viper187; 12-02-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #47

Oct 2009
Upstate NY
Send a message via MSN to DirkUSA

Quote:
Christ. I'm so tired of purist ****s whining about DNR. The average viewer doesn't buy HD to watch a goddamn sandstorm. I know I don't. I won't bother upgrading my DVDs when the BD review says something is real grainy. I don't care if it was film or not. I don't care what the director intended. I want it to look good.

That said. Any chance of Platinum getting a hold of the director's cut of Hard Target I heard was floating around on VHS many years ago? I'm definitely itching for BD of Leon. The only DVD of that was full screen with 2.0 audio. I'm still pissed the song in the last fight is impossible to get.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #48
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Denmark

Quote:
No.
They shot on film and the cadrage is for 1.85:1. So in our 16:9 (1.77:1) Master you see the vision of the director.
OK, that's nice.

I'm gonna buy a lot of your releases, and I am happy that you are releasing them, but please! Please don't be rude in your comments towards people!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #49

Jun 2010
Germany

Quote:

It is not "purists" whining. It is just fact, that DNRing is killing details. Look at the screens were you see single hairs in the MGM Cyborg BD, and then the brown mess in the Slinger release. Or remember the waxwork museum of the Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition. If removing analog grain won't kill also as much Movie Details, I think there would be less people arguing about this.

Just to say it this way:
Old 12-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #50
Power Member

Dec 2010
Germany

@Mr. Krekel: could you please explain why the CMV Laservision DVD of Leviathan is presented in its original aspect ratio (2.35:1), but the VZ Blu-ray (1080i) is zoomed to 1.78:1?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #51

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dame View Post
@Mr. Krekel: could you please explain why the CMV Laservision DVD of Leviathan is presented in its original aspect ratio (2.35:1), but the VZ Blu-ray (1080i) is zoomed to 1.78:1?
Sorry but you are wrong. The Blu is 2.35.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #52

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrown View Post
It is not "purists" whining. It is just fact, that DNRing is killing details. Look at the screens were you see single hairs in the MGM Cyborg BD, and then the brown mess in the Slinger release. Or remember the waxwork museum of the Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition. If removing analog grain won't kill also as much Movie Details, I think there would be less people arguing about this.

Just to say it this way:
It is always the same. You and your friends picked the worst thing out to explain your opinion. Here on a STILL PICTURE, not a film. That's not serious. What is with this sample:

Old 12-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #53

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by madridista8700 View Post
OK, that's nice.

I'm gonna buy a lot of your releases, and I am happy that you are releasing them, but please! Please don't be rude in your comments towards people!
Hi Madridista, we have a figure of speech here in germany:

As you shout in the woods, the echo comes back

I'm tiered to see that all the time 20 to 30 people trolling around the web-sites in the world and writing bullshit about our releases.
You are right, not a lot studios care about this titles and if, they don't care about EXTRAS.
I know a lot of the filmmakers and/or actors personal and i think they have the rights to bring their film like they want or not??
That's the reason why we bring the Nemesis-Saga in 2.35 AND 1.77 for example.

Our releases, with our quality (at the PMs we go back to the internegatives which costs a lot) and the extras and the subtitles and the 5.1 sound and, and, and... are better than a lot of major products.

So i will try not to be rude but if i can't hold that promise there will be a reason
Old 12-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #54
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Denmark

Thanks Oliver!

I have a question for you. Do you know the movie College Kickboxers? It's called Trained To Fight in the US. Have you been considering releasing this as well? It's one of my favorites!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #55

Dec 2013

Quote:
Thanks Oliver!

I have a question for you. Do you know the movie College Kickboxers? It's called Trained To Fight in the US. Have you been considering releasing this as well? It's one of my favorites!
Never heard of it but looks good. I will see what I can do to get the rights
Old 12-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

We need King of Kickboxers
Thanks given by:
FlixLov3r (02-02-2019)
Old 12-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #57
Banned

Oct 2009

Quote:
Never heard of it but looks good. I will see what I can do to get the rights
Catch Me If You Can (1989) - Never released on DVD or Blu. It's written by Stephen Sommer (The Mummy, Scorpion King, etc) FFS! Really pissed me off this never got beyond VHS.

There's also the Director's Cut of Lawnmower Man that somehow never got a DVD release. It's a 40 minute difference in the goddamn movie too.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #58

Aug 2013
Oslo, Norway

Quote:
This studio is apparently hit and miss, but one can't deny that they release 80's and 90's classics that no other studio would touch or even look at.

January:
PCE 10: Nemesis/Nemesis 2/Nemesis 3/Nemesis 4 (Boxset)
Holy hell, DNR or no DNR, this will be mine!!!

Any studio that specializes in 80s and 90s actioners like these are okay in my book, as long as the movies in question are...
1. English friendly
2. Come from actual HD sources

That's all I will demand of a Blu-ray where the movie in question is barely available on DVD, anything else is a bonus.

I'm looking very much forward to your future announcements, Mr. Krekel.
Fingers crossed the "Project Shadowchaser" series and Olivier Grüner's "Automatic" will be among them.

I'd buy those in a heartbeat , and I'm positive there must be at least 2999 others out there who would pick them up as well.

Last edited by norse_sage; 12-03-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #59

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by norse_sage View Post
Holy hell, DNR or no DNR, this will be mine!!!

Any studio that specializes in 80s and 90s actioners like these are okay in my book, as long as the movies in question are...
1. English friendly
2. Come from actual HD sources

That's all I will demand of a Blu-ray where the movie in question is barely available on DVD, anything else is a bonus.

I'm looking very much forward to your future announcements, Mr. Krekel.
Fingers crossed the "Project Shadowchaser" series and Olivier Grüner's "Automatic" will be among them.

I'd buy those in a heartbeat , and I'm positive there must be at least 2999 others out there who would pick them up as well.
I like the SHADOWCHASER Series very much. I had the LD-Rights in the past so I have a brilliant sound available

Automatic is great too. As soon as we got some new titles I let you know
Old 12-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #60
Power Member

Dec 2010
Germany

Quote:
Sorry but you are wrong. The Blu is 2.35.
Aah, ok. Few websites claim its 1.78:1, so that's why I was asking.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany