Best DigiBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
 
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$55.61
 
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99
 
Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$27.97
 
The BRD Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Blue Velvet (Blu-ray)
$22.97
 
The Apu Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Do the Right Thing (Blu-ray)
$22.97
 
The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (Blu-ray)
$57.49
 
Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Blu-ray)
$22.97
 
A Film Trilogy by Ingmar Bergman (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Berlin Alexanderplatz (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
Petra_Kalbrain Petra_Kalbrain is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Petra_Kalbrain's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC
1
528
3
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionist View Post
Does Target ship to the UK?
Target does not ship internationally.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
Taikero Taikero is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2013
U.S.A.
13
801
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason00 View Post
I plan on cutting way back in 2014, but no way I am missing this. It looks great.
Same. I'm just trying to figure out whether I sign up for a RED card to get free shipping on this or not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #23
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
Same. I'm just trying to figure out whether I sign up for a RED card to get free shipping on this or not.
I would. Not only do you get free shipping but also 5% off. I use it on all my Target BD preorders.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #24
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
3
640
61
Default

I have the RED debit card, rather than the credit card and it's one of the best decisions I've made. You just bring a check to the customer service desk, and within 5 mins or so you're done. It links to your bank account like any other debit, and it works just like the regular credit card, giving you 5% off, and Free Shipping. I've saved so much for basically doing the same things I've always done,. Plus for those that worry about this stuff, there's no bill, finance charges, or any other credit score issue to worry about.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #25
*RedStar* *RedStar* is offline
Active Member
 
*RedStar*'s Avatar
 
Sep 2009
San Antonio, Texas
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I have the RED debit card, rather than the credit card and it's one of the best decisions I've made. You just bring a check to the customer service desk, and within 5 mins or so you're done. It links to your bank account like any other debit, and it works just like the regular credit card, giving you 5% off, and Free Shipping. I've saved so much for basically doing the same things I've always done,. Plus for those that worry about this stuff, there's no bill, finance charges, or any other credit score issue to worry about.
Well said my friend! This was also a great decision for me as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #26
Taikero Taikero is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2013
U.S.A.
13
801
1
2
Default

Signed up for a RED card but changed my banking password afterward to something totally different. I don't trust any major corporation not to save information like that.

Also ordered this Digipak. Excellent design and very excited to have it in hand on release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #27
triffid triffid is offline
Active Member
 
triffid's Avatar
 
Dec 2013
Prague, the heart of Europe
Default

I am not sure about this Target exclusive digipak. Last time I bought the 3-disc Hunger Games BD from Target and I was disappointed. The cardboard started to show signs of wear pretty soon and I ripped off a small part of the photo while removing that stupid security sticker.

At first, the 3-disc set seemed to be the most definitive collection of extras (in comparison with other US releases). Only later I learned that there are more extras available through iTunes and VUDU. I do not know who invented this concept of exclusive featurettes divided among several retailers, essentially forcing the fans to buy more than one copy of the movie.

Fortunatelly, some other editions of The Hunger Games in the world turned out to be much better (in terms of extras). I bought another edition and now I have all the extras in 2-discs BD set which is much more satisfying than the Target set.

This time I will definitely wait for other Catching Fire releases before I decide which one to buy...

Last edited by triffid; 12-14-2013 at 05:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #28
GoldMotel GoldMotel is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
GoldMotel's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
California, USA
4
233
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triffid View Post
I am not sure about this Target exclusive digipak. Last time I bought the 3-disc Hunger Games BD from Target and I was disappointed. The cardboard started to show signs of wear pretty soon and I ripped off a small part of the photo while removing that stupid security sticker.

At first, the 3-disc set seemed to be the most definitive collection of extras (in comparison with other US releases). Only later I learned that there are more extras available through iTunes and VUDU. I do not know who invented this concept of exclusive featurettes divided among several retailers, essentially forcing the fans to buy more than one copy of the movie.

Fortunatelly, some other editions of The Hunger Games in the world turned out to be much better (in terms of extras). I bought another edition and now I have all the extras in 2-discs BD set which is much more satisfying than the Target set.

This time I will definitely wait for other Catching Fire releases before I decide which one to buy...
The itunes special features were minor (and more "interactive gamey" from what I've seen) and nothing that was significantly missed.

The itunes exclusive "special features" for THG was nothing major like Paramount's decision to make the visual commentary an itunes exclusive, the only version with the imax format, and only in 720p. Now that's harsh.

I haven't seen the VUDU ones, so I can't quite comment on the quality of the special features.

Last edited by GoldMotel; 12-15-2013 at 01:40 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #29
Tony208 Tony208 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Tony208's Avatar
 
May 2010
NYC
161
473
33
525
Default

hope best buy comes out with the matching packaging as well
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #30
Gold Ranger Gold Ranger is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Gold Ranger's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC
4
83
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger
Default

Is there any place where I can get the first movies DigiBook? I just recently saw the first film and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
BaerGriggs BaerGriggs is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
BaerGriggs's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO
36
46
420
23
3
92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
Is there any place where I can get the first movies DigiBook? I just recently saw the first film and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
I bought it on eBay for a little over 20 bucks a couple weeks ago.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #32
triffid triffid is offline
Active Member
 
triffid's Avatar
 
Dec 2013
Prague, the heart of Europe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMotel View Post
The itunes special features were minor (and more "interactive gamey" from what I've seen) and nothing that was significantly missed.
I guess you saw the iTunes interactive menu, not the content.

I was talking about the featurettes. My Portuguese Blu-ray I mentioned in the previous post contains 5 more behind the scenes featurettes with TRT 55 mins. Why Target 3-disc does not have these too? Because Lionsgate sold two featurettes to iTunes, another two to VUDU, another somewhere else.

The Potuguese company simply bought the rights for all these extras in one package, because there are no competitors on their market.

That is why I am not sure whether or not Target's Catching Fire will be the best edition available. Probably not...

Last edited by triffid; 12-27-2013 at 10:34 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #33
Brewc Brewc is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2012
the 276 of Virginia, USA
298
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triffid View Post

The Potuguese company simply bought the rights for all these extras in one package, because there are no competitors on their market.

That is why I am not sure whether or not Target's Catching Fire will be the best edition available. Probably not...
Got picture of this version, where you picked it up at and are extras in english or have to use subtitles?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #34
triffid triffid is offline
Active Member
 
triffid's Avatar
 
Dec 2013
Prague, the heart of Europe
Default

Check my last post in this forum for more info:
hungergames-forums.com/hunger-games-movie/555-hunger-games-dvd-blu-ray-extras-links-videos-2.html
The bonus disc has English audio and optional Portuguese subs. The disc's menu (I mean the graphics) is taken from US disc 2, however the buttons are in Portuguese.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #35
Ashamed Pegasus Ashamed Pegasus is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Ashamed Pegasus's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Baltimore, MD
8
472
305
5
169
Default

This comes with a cloth poster? Awesome. It will go well with the B&N poster from the first release.

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #36
BaerGriggs BaerGriggs is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
BaerGriggs's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO
36
46
420
23
3
92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
This comes with a cloth poster? Awesome. It will go well with the B&N poster from the first release.
I like the look of the poster, but not very well inclined to do a pre order with Target after the whole fiasco with the Man of Steel digibook.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #37
Taikero Taikero is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2013
U.S.A.
13
801
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaerGriggs View Post
the whole fiasco with the Man of Steel digibook.
Sounds like time for a story (or at least a link).

I have to say this is the pre-order I'm most looking forward to right now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #38
BaerGriggs BaerGriggs is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
BaerGriggs's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO
36
46
420
23
3
92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
Sounds like time for a story (or at least a link).

I have to say this is the pre-order I'm most looking forward to right now.
Several people from both the US and Canada that preordered the Man of Steel digipack from Target received the regular Amaray edition instead (some repeatedly received it from Target even after filing a claim with customer service). Seems just as easy to just run over to the store and buy it myself rather than have to deal with that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #39
Taikero Taikero is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2013
U.S.A.
13
801
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaerGriggs View Post
Several people from both the US and Canada that preordered the Man of Steel digipack from Target received the regular Amaray edition instead (some repeatedly received it from Target even after filing a claim with customer service). Seems just as easy to just run over to the store and buy it myself rather than have to deal with that.
If I get the wrong one in the mail I'll just go over to my local store and ask to exchange for the DigiPack. I doubt they'd have a problem with that. I'm only pre-ordering for the poster anyway.

The real problem is Target doesn't give a different stock number/SKU to their DigiBook releases, and I think Steelbooks as well. They just lump everything together by title and format, even if it's one of their exclusives. Kind of dumb but what can you do if even they haven't fixed it yet?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:50 AM   #40
bfaulk85 bfaulk85 is offline
Senior Member
 
bfaulk85's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Nashville
209
23
Default

I wasn't sure if I would buy the Target version or the Best Buy steelbook, but after some thought I'm going with the Target version. I have the Target exclusive of the first film, and I'm a bit bummed Catching Fire won't match it, but the cool slip sold me on it. Can't wait!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:48 AM.