Best DigiBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$55.61

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$27.97

The BRD Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Blue Velvet (Blu-ray)
$22.97

The Apu Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Do the Right Thing (Blu-ray)
$22.97

The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (Blu-ray)
$57.49

Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Blu-ray)
$22.97

A Film Trilogy by Ingmar Bergman (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Berlin Alexanderplatz (Blu-ray)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases

Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionist View Post
Does Target ship to the UK?
Target does not ship internationally.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason00 View Post
I plan on cutting way back in 2014, but no way I am missing this. It looks great.
Same. I'm just trying to figure out whether I sign up for a RED card to get free shipping on this or not.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #23
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
Same. I'm just trying to figure out whether I sign up for a RED card to get free shipping on this or not.
I would. Not only do you get free shipping but also 5% off. I use it on all my Target BD preorders.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #24
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

I have the RED debit card, rather than the credit card and it's one of the best decisions I've made. You just bring a check to the customer service desk, and within 5 mins or so you're done. It links to your bank account like any other debit, and it works just like the regular credit card, giving you 5% off, and Free Shipping. I've saved so much for basically doing the same things I've always done,. Plus for those that worry about this stuff, there's no bill, finance charges, or any other credit score issue to worry about.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #25

Sep 2009
San Antonio, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I have the RED debit card, rather than the credit card and it's one of the best decisions I've made. You just bring a check to the customer service desk, and within 5 mins or so you're done. It links to your bank account like any other debit, and it works just like the regular credit card, giving you 5% off, and Free Shipping. I've saved so much for basically doing the same things I've always done,. Plus for those that worry about this stuff, there's no bill, finance charges, or any other credit score issue to worry about.
Well said my friend! This was also a great decision for me as well.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
U.S.A.

Signed up for a RED card but changed my banking password afterward to something totally different. I don't trust any major corporation not to save information like that.

Also ordered this Digipak. Excellent design and very excited to have it in hand on release.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #27

Dec 2013
Prague, the heart of Europe

I am not sure about this Target exclusive digipak. Last time I bought the 3-disc Hunger Games BD from Target and I was disappointed. The cardboard started to show signs of wear pretty soon and I ripped off a small part of the photo while removing that stupid security sticker.

At first, the 3-disc set seemed to be the most definitive collection of extras (in comparison with other US releases). Only later I learned that there are more extras available through iTunes and VUDU. I do not know who invented this concept of exclusive featurettes divided among several retailers, essentially forcing the fans to buy more than one copy of the movie.

Fortunatelly, some other editions of The Hunger Games in the world turned out to be much better (in terms of extras). I bought another edition and now I have all the extras in 2-discs BD set which is much more satisfying than the Target set.

This time I will definitely wait for other Catching Fire releases before I decide which one to buy...

Last edited by triffid; 12-14-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by triffid View Post
I am not sure about this Target exclusive digipak. Last time I bought the 3-disc Hunger Games BD from Target and I was disappointed. The cardboard started to show signs of wear pretty soon and I ripped off a small part of the photo while removing that stupid security sticker.

At first, the 3-disc set seemed to be the most definitive collection of extras (in comparison with other US releases). Only later I learned that there are more extras available through iTunes and VUDU. I do not know who invented this concept of exclusive featurettes divided among several retailers, essentially forcing the fans to buy more than one copy of the movie.

Fortunatelly, some other editions of The Hunger Games in the world turned out to be much better (in terms of extras). I bought another edition and now I have all the extras in 2-discs BD set which is much more satisfying than the Target set.

This time I will definitely wait for other Catching Fire releases before I decide which one to buy...
The itunes special features were minor (and more "interactive gamey" from what I've seen) and nothing that was significantly missed.

The itunes exclusive "special features" for THG was nothing major like Paramount's decision to make the visual commentary an itunes exclusive, the only version with the imax format, and only in 720p. Now that's harsh.

I haven't seen the VUDU ones, so I can't quite comment on the quality of the special features.

Last edited by GoldMotel; 12-15-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #29
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

hope best buy comes out with the matching packaging as well
Old 12-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #30
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

Is there any place where I can get the first movies DigiBook? I just recently saw the first film and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
Is there any place where I can get the first movies DigiBook? I just recently saw the first film and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
I bought it on eBay for a little over 20 bucks a couple weeks ago.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #32

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMotel View Post
The itunes special features were minor (and more "interactive gamey" from what I've seen) and nothing that was significantly missed.
I guess you saw the iTunes interactive menu, not the content.

I was talking about the featurettes. My Portuguese Blu-ray I mentioned in the previous post contains 5 more behind the scenes featurettes with TRT 55 mins. Why Target 3-disc does not have these too? Because Lionsgate sold two featurettes to iTunes, another two to VUDU, another somewhere else.

The Potuguese company simply bought the rights for all these extras in one package, because there are no competitors on their market.

That is why I am not sure whether or not Target's Catching Fire will be the best edition available. Probably not...

Last edited by triffid; 12-27-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #33

Jan 2012
the 276 of Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by triffid View Post

The Potuguese company simply bought the rights for all these extras in one package, because there are no competitors on their market.

That is why I am not sure whether or not Target's Catching Fire will be the best edition available. Probably not...
Got picture of this version, where you picked it up at and are extras in english or have to use subtitles?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #34

Dec 2013

Check my last post in this forum for more info:
hungergames-forums.com/hunger-games-movie/555-hunger-games-dvd-blu-ray-extras-links-videos-2.html
The bonus disc has English audio and optional Portuguese subs. The disc's menu (I mean the graphics) is taken from US disc 2, however the buttons are in Portuguese.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Baltimore, MD

This comes with a cloth poster? Awesome. It will go well with the B&N poster from the first release.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
This comes with a cloth poster? Awesome. It will go well with the B&N poster from the first release.
I like the look of the poster, but not very well inclined to do a pre order with Target after the whole fiasco with the Man of Steel digibook.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaerGriggs View Post
the whole fiasco with the Man of Steel digibook.
Sounds like time for a story (or at least a link).

I have to say this is the pre-order I'm most looking forward to right now.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #38
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
Sounds like time for a story (or at least a link).

I have to say this is the pre-order I'm most looking forward to right now.
Several people from both the US and Canada that preordered the Man of Steel digipack from Target received the regular Amaray edition instead (some repeatedly received it from Target even after filing a claim with customer service). Seems just as easy to just run over to the store and buy it myself rather than have to deal with that.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaerGriggs View Post
Several people from both the US and Canada that preordered the Man of Steel digipack from Target received the regular Amaray edition instead (some repeatedly received it from Target even after filing a claim with customer service). Seems just as easy to just run over to the store and buy it myself rather than have to deal with that.
If I get the wrong one in the mail I'll just go over to my local store and ask to exchange for the DigiPack. I doubt they'd have a problem with that. I'm only pre-ordering for the poster anyway.

The real problem is Target doesn't give a different stock number/SKU to their DigiBook releases, and I think Steelbooks as well. They just lump everything together by title and format, even if it's one of their exclusives. Kind of dumb but what can you do if even they haven't fixed it yet?
Old 02-06-2014, 05:50 AM   #40

Aug 2012
Nashville

I wasn't sure if I would buy the Target version or the Best Buy steelbook, but after some thought I'm going with the Target version. I have the Target exclusive of the first film, and I'm a bit bummed Catching Fire won't match it, but the cool slip sold me on it. Can't wait!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases