Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Mandy ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99
 
Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
 
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
 
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
11 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64
 
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34
 
Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86
 
Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99
 
Top Gun (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #21
toddly6666 toddly6666 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
toddly6666's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Hong Kong
20
1339
34
282
61
Default

Autism or not, many get suspended here by sometimes saying the wrong thing. Get over it. Do something else until your ban is lifted. Go outside. Get some fresh air. Dalek, if you cant function outside of blu-ray.com then the moderators are doing you a favor by forcing you to take a week's break from blu-ray.com. That's free therapy. The best medicine for behavior that gets too intense (such as having the need to express oneself on a forum) NEEDS to be broken up with another activity, such as going outside.
 
Old 03-14-2016, 11:59 PM   #22
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby is Q View Post
Agreed, but again it's about whether the person needs accommodation and then whether or not they would want to accommodate someone's specific needs. When it comes to online communities, it's easier to just ignore the problem and then if it becomes too much you just eliminate the source of that problem.
Yes, you are right. I think human nature and 'pack mentality' can be a difficult hurdle with Autism though. As soon as the guy posted his comment I instantly saw a ton of (in my opinion) mocking gif's show up in front of my eyes. They didn't take long to show up.
 
Old 03-15-2016, 12:05 AM   #23
Himmel Himmel is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Himmel's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
USA
39
296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Yes, you are right. I think human nature and 'pack mentality' can be a difficult hurdle with Autism though. As soon as the guy posted his comment I instantly saw a ton of (in my opinion) mocking gif's show up in front of my eyes. They didn't take long to show up.
It's only a reflection on them when they post that stuff.
I mean when someone posts something personal, and they get mocked it's just poor taste. IMO.
 
Old 03-15-2016, 12:10 AM   #24
walruswarrior walruswarrior is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
walruswarrior's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
1549
40
234
Default

Still with this
 
Old 03-15-2016, 12:12 AM   #25
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimmelBlau View Post
It's only a reflection on them when they post that stuff.
I mean when someone posts something personal, and they get mocked it's just poor taste. IMO.
Of course (IMO)
 
Old 03-15-2016, 12:13 AM   #26
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruswarrior View Post
Still with this
So you come into a thread you are sick of to post a comment?
 
Old 03-15-2016, 12:18 AM   #27
OrlandoEastwood OrlandoEastwood is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
OrlandoEastwood's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
R-Point
86
24
Default

 
Old 03-15-2016, 09:38 AM   #28
Dalekbuster523Bluray Dalekbuster523Bluray is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2014
12
3
51
59
6
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
I may not be getting the right end of the stick, but do you really think it would help you if every time you got into some form of trouble, that you could then rely on your autism to get you out of trouble and you could continue posting in the same way?

Wouldn't you prefer it if you were treated like the rest of us and whenever we break the rules, we get punished for it, and then know not to do something like that again? I get that perhaps you struggle to get your point across, and that when you believe in a point you're making you'll fight adamantly for it. But when it gets to a point where you're arguing over several pages and you can't see other people's viewpoints at all, perhaps you need to hold off a bit.

Last time you were suspended, I got a suspension as well for the same amount of time, first suspension I've got in years. I don't believe I did anything wrong, but it's kept me a tad more in check. But what I didn't think was that I needed to retaliate, or to explain myself. I actually thought I was suspended longer than I thought, ended up being a couple days when I thought it was going to be for a week. I think a day or two time out when things become a little heated might do some good, especially if you struggle to tell when you may be taking things perhaps too far. Treat everyone as equal I say, and then things may progress.
My stance is I don't think it should be a 'Get Out Of Jail Free card' with a major issue like verbal abuse or (depending on the content) racism (if someone's being abusive or there's use of a racist word then it's unacceptable no matter what and if I used the 'N' word or was abusive towards a member I wouldn't want to argue against a suspension) but I think for something that is debatable like trolling there needs to be a system in place to find out why said person appears like they're doing it. Because if it's due to behaviour linked to a mental disability, how can it be trolling?

Trolling is also a good example because it's really nothing more than a witch hunt. There's no proof that somebody is trolling, only personal judgements.

If the moderators/admin can't allow suspended members to argue their case over PM, maybe they could have conversations before suspending people over it to find out why they're posting in a certain way?
 
Old 03-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #29
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
My stance is I don't think it should be a 'Get Out Of Jail Free card' with a major issue like verbal abuse or (depending on the content) racism (if someone's being abusive or there's use of a racist word then it's unacceptable no matter what and if I used the 'N' word or was abusive towards a member I wouldn't want to argue against a suspension) but I think for something that is debatable like trolling there needs to be a system in place to find out why said person appears like they're doing it. Because if it's due to behaviour linked to a mental disability, how can it be trolling?

Trolling is also a good example because it's really nothing more than a witch hunt. There's no proof that somebody is trolling, only personal judgements.

If the moderators/admin can't allow suspended members to argue their case over PM, maybe they could have conversations before suspending people over it to find out why they're posting in a certain way?
How do you stop people from pretending they have a condition every time they are suspended?
 
Old 03-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #30
Dalekbuster523Bluray Dalekbuster523Bluray is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2014
12
3
51
59
6
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
How do you stop people from pretending they have a condition every time they are suspended?
I'm not sure about other mental disabilities but with autism you can get a card from The National Autistic Society where its soul purpose is to show to people to prove you have autism.
 
Old 03-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #31
dadaluholla dadaluholla is offline
Expert Member
 
dadaluholla's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
1732
39
Default

Maybe we can make a special section of the forum for the autistic to troll each other freely
 
Thanks given by:
Sky_Captain (03-18-2016), xander (04-03-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #32
toddly6666 toddly6666 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
toddly6666's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Hong Kong
20
1339
34
282
61
Default

Is there a multiple personality disorder thread? I would like to argue with myself and call myself a troll and hope to be banned.

I think internet forums should not be categorized - we are all equals here.

If someone had Torrett's Syndrome here, now that would be quite a problem.
 
Thanks given by:
Foggy (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #33
WhySoBlu? WhySoBlu? is offline
Banned
 
Sep 2014
Vegas
842
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
My stance is I don't think it should be a 'Get Out Of Jail Free card' with a major issue like verbal abuse or (depending on the content) racism (if someone's being abusive or there's use of a racist word then it's unacceptable no matter what and if I used the 'N' word or was abusive towards a member I wouldn't want to argue against a suspension) but I think for something that is debatable like trolling there needs to be a system in place to find out why said person appears like they're doing it. Because if it's due to behaviour linked to a mental disability, how can it be trolling?

Trolling is also a good example because it's really nothing more than a witch hunt. There's no proof that somebody is trolling, only personal judgements.

If the moderators/admin can't allow suspended members to argue their case over PM, maybe they could have conversations before suspending people over it to find out why they're posting in a certain way?
You posted 85 times in one thread in one day, most of them variations on a theme. It doesn't matter what your intentions were, you were trolling/post whoring.

You were given a short suspension and then immediately created a socket puppet account and started complaining - publicly - about your suspension and how your behavior should be overlooked because of your "mild case of autism." You're the reason the suspension turned into a week. You knew - or should have known - that it's against the rules to create a sock puppet, especially to get around a ban. This has all been addressed already, in your "Feedback Forum" thread.

Just like in the real world, claiming you have autism is not going to give you carte blanche to do or say whatever you want. If it's really that difficult for you to behave yourself, maybe it's best that you're leaving. I mean, you've clearly learned nothing from the week's suspension (or the other thread you started in the Feedback Forum,) so there's no reason to believe anything will change.

You seem like a nice enough guy, but you still have a lot of growing up to do...
 
Thanks given by:
Blu Titan (03-15-2016), Sky_Captain (03-18-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #34
Foggy Foggy is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Foggy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
UK
1656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
My stance is I don't think it should be a 'Get Out Of Jail Free card' with a major issue like verbal abuse or (depending on the content) racism (if someone's being abusive or there's use of a racist word then it's unacceptable no matter what and if I used the 'N' word or was abusive towards a member I wouldn't want to argue against a suspension) but I think for something that is debatable like trolling there needs to be a system in place to find out why said person appears like they're doing it. Because if it's due to behaviour linked to a mental disability, how can it be trolling?

Trolling is also a good example because it's really nothing more than a witch hunt. There's no proof that somebody is trolling, only personal judgements.

If the moderators/admin can't allow suspended members to argue their case over PM, maybe they could have conversations before suspending people over it to find out why they're posting in a certain way?
Yeah, but in real life would someone be considerate of your condition if you behaved the same way as you do on here? Would someone really tolerate it? Understanding only goes so far until someone's patients can be worn out. At the end of the day, you won't be offered special treatment when applying to jobs, working with co-workers, speaking with other people. So why should you get special treatment from an online forum. You should learn from mistakes made on here. I know it's can be a difficulty when it comes to communicating and it can be frustrating when you feel unfairly persecuted. But you shouldn't expect to be treated any differently from everyone else, because you simply won't get that same treatment in real life.

What would you want if you could be able to argue your case to the moderators?
 
Thanks given by:
WhySoBlu? (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 03:56 PM   #35
Dalekbuster523Bluray Dalekbuster523Bluray is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2014
12
3
51
59
6
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
You posted 85 times in one thread in one day, most of them variations on a theme. It doesn't matter what your intentions were, you were trolling/post whoring.
Except:

1. Trolling is nothing more than a witch hunt.
2. To troll, the intention of the poster has to be to troll a thread.
troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

and

3. Connected to the above, if the posts are a result of a mental disability and not trying to troll to deliberately provoke other members then by definition they are not trolling.

Quote:
You were given a short suspension and then immediately created a socket puppet account and started complaining - publicly - about your suspension
Only because there's no other way to argue your case if you believe you have been wrongly punished, which is what all this is about. Somebody needs to make a stand so this forum will be more accomodating to those with mental disabilities in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Yeah, but in real life would someone be considerate of your condition if you behaved the same way as you do on here? Would someone really tolerate it?
You're talking as if I came out with a load of verbal abuse. I didn't. And if people weren't to tolerate what I said on here in real life when that only highlights a current major issue with the world in that there's not enough disability awareness.
 
Thanks given by:
Himmel (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 04:20 PM   #36
ArmyOfDarknessAW ArmyOfDarknessAW is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
ArmyOfDarknessAW's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Moosic, PA
21
1
64
Default

I feel bad because i can understand your viewpoint. However the internet isn't free speech or anything like that. Forums have rules and everyone regardless of personal issues need to follow them. Rules need to be black and white. I can understand being frustrated over a permanent ban, but a week suspension can be a blessing honestly. I took about 2 years off from this place voluntarily and it was fantastic honestly. Now I'm back to having fun here.
 
Old 03-15-2016, 04:25 PM   #37
1blufan 1blufan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
1blufan's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.
307
3
84
Default

By your own post it's says trolling is nothing more than a witch hunt.
So maybe we place a scarlet letter on said members so they can be singled out as such.
 
Old 03-15-2016, 04:39 PM   #38
Abby is Q Abby is Q is offline
Power Member
 
Abby is Q's Avatar
 
May 2015
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
Except:

1. Trolling is nothing more than a witch hunt.
2. To troll, the intention of the poster has to be to troll a thread.
troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

and

3. Connected to the above, if the posts are a result of a mental disability and not trying to troll to deliberately provoke other members then by definition they are not trolling.
No. Rules are not set in stone on any domain on the internet. It is completely at the discretion of the owners. Just because they have a rule in place does not mean they have to follow it to a T. If you can argue "I didn't mean to" then that would allow trolls to pretty much do whatever they want and later argue "I didn't mean to."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
Only because there's no other way to argue your case if you believe you have been wrongly punished, which is what all this is about. Somebody needs to make a stand so this forum will be more accomodating to those with mental disabilities in future.
I can understand it being frustrating that you can't argue your case and it's probably something that should be addressed. However, they don't have to accommodate anyone's needs. There are no inherent rights on the internet. It is again at the discretion of those running the show if they want to actually accommodate anyone's specific needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
You're talking as if I came out with a load of verbal abuse. I didn't. And if people weren't to tolerate what I said on here in real life when that only highlights a current major issue with the world in that there's not enough disability awareness.
Except there isn't a major issue in the real world.
 
Old 03-15-2016, 04:44 PM   #39
Foggy Foggy is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Foggy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
UK
1656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
You're talking as if I came out with a load of verbal abuse. I didn't. And if people weren't to tolerate what I said on here in real life when that only highlights a current major issue with the world in that there's not enough disability awareness.
If I equate the amount of pages that you take in arguments to hours, I think people would get very tired of communicating with you, regardless of disability or not. While I do agree mental health is in need of more coverage, progress and studies in autism itself has come across leaps and bounds in your lifetime alone, heck, when I was born, someone suffering with autism would be written off, they used to be sent to separate schools and segregated from most other students. One of my longest friends has suffered from autism probably stronger than your own and he nearly was forced to go separate schools, and even when he wasn't, he was under constant supervision. But now, being treated equally has offered opportunities up like going to University, getting higher education.

You didn't answer my question before though, what would you expect to achieve if you were able to contact moderators after a suspension?
 
Old 03-15-2016, 04:57 PM   #40
Himmel Himmel is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Himmel's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
USA
39
296
Default

It's also hard to know who to trust Dalek, make of that what you will.
 
Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41 PM.