Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34
7 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.99
9 hrs ago
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

Overlord (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19
21 hrs ago
Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.33
2 hrs ago
Lord of War 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #41
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby is Q View Post
No. Rules are not set in stone on any domain on the internet. It is completely at the discretion of the owners. Just because they have a rule in place does not mean they have to follow it to a T. If you can argue "I didn't mean to" then that would allow trolls to pretty much do whatever they want and later argue "I didn't mean to."

I can understand it being frustrating that you can't argue your case and it's probably something that should be addressed. However, they don't have to accommodate anyone's needs. There are no inherent rights on the internet. It is again at the discretion of those running the show if they want to actually accommodate anyone's specific needs.

Except there isn't a major issue in the real world.
Oh there is.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:18 PM   #42
Banned

Sep 2014
Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
Except:

1. Trolling is nothing more than a witch hunt.
2. To troll, the intention of the poster has to be to troll a thread.
troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.
Call it what you want - trolling, post whoring, being obnoxious/irritating - the result is still the same. The mods no doubt received dozens of complaints from you taking over the Ghostbusters thread (none from me, I might add,) and determined that the best solution was to give you a couple of days off.

It is what it is - crying about it won't change anything. If you want to leave, just leave and be done with it. If you're expecting people to flock to this thread to beg you to stay, you're probably going to end up disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
Only because there's no other way to argue your case if you believe you have been wrongly punished, which is what all this is about. Somebody needs to make a stand so this forum will be more accomodating to those with mental disabilities in future.
Give me a break. You don't care about anyone else with "mental disabilities" - you're still butthurt over a week suspension, that's all. Grow up and get over it.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:20 PM   #43
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

I believe most of us are sensitive to the needs of people with disabilities. Some things can be accommodated but not everything. Disrupting the forum is not going to be allowed and everyone needs to follow the rules when posting .

Thanks given by:
Blu-Benny (03-15-2016), DangeRuss (03-16-2016), Foggy (03-15-2016), Lt. Brannigan (03-15-2016), Sky_Captain (03-18-2016), Steedeel (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #44
Banned

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
Give me a break. You don't care about anyone else with "mental disabilities" -
Yes I do. I am making this point on behalf of every mental disability, not just my own.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages