Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Addams Family Values (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$29.99
3 hrs ago
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.59
4 hrs ago
Hell Comes to Frogtown (Blu-ray)
$21.99
20 hrs ago
Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Inside Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
5 hrs ago
Ratatouille 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
21 min ago
Brave 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
21 min ago
Cars 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
21 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 05-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada
Default What do you want to know about Hitman Horton

Like the title says. Feel free to post questions or comments. Not sure if anyone cares but I'll start this thread just in case somebody does. Ask away.

Last edited by Hitman Horton; 05-02-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:03 AM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Are you a good parallel parker?
Old 05-03-2017, 02:21 AM   #3
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
Are you a good parallel parker?
I have done it but not for a very long time. I don't go anywhere that requires me to parallel park. I can do it if I need to I'm sure but I wouldn't say it would be "good." Thanks for the question.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 02:26 AM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Who is the guy in your avatar and did he suffer an accident? I don't keep up with wrestling but your avatar reminded me that I was interested in googling that Sheamus (sp?) wrestler to see his wiki page. I was going to skim like a paragraph mainly. I really just wanted to find out if he's still wrestling. I don't keep up with the WWE but I did use him a few times in WWE 2K14. I won't google him and let you answer that question about whether he's still active
Old 05-03-2017, 02:32 AM   #5
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Who is the guy in your avatar and did he suffer an accident? I don't keep up with wrestling but your avatar reminded me that I was interested in googling that Sheamus (sp?) wrestler to see his wiki page. I was going to skim like a paragraph mainly. I really just wanted to find out if he's still wrestling. I don't keep up with the WWE but I did use him a few times in WWE 2K14. I won't google him and let you answer that question about whether he's still active
The guy in my avatar is James Ellesworth. If you google him, I'm sure you can read how he got involved with the WWE. I've been meaning to change it to something else but just haven't done it.

Sheamus is still wrestling with the WWE. In fact, he was recently one half of the Tag Team champions with Cesaro. They lost at Wrestlemania.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:02 AM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
The guy in my avatar is James Ellesworth. If you google him, I'm sure you can read how he got involved with the WWE. I've been meaning to change it to something else but just haven't done it.

Sheamus is still wrestling with the WWE. In fact, he was recently one half of the Tag Team champions with Cesaro. They lost at Wrestlemania.
And what about Sheamus? Regarding James, I won't google him right this moment but I will do so for sure tonight or later tomorrow. Just reading your statement, "If you google him..." makes me wonder if it's a feel good story. That's what I thought of as I read your post and feel good stories are always nice. So I will google him

Where are you from and who is your favorite actor?
Old 05-03-2017, 03:21 AM   #7
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
And what about Sheamus? Regarding James, I won't google him right this moment but I will do so for sure tonight or later tomorrow. Just reading your statement, "If you google him..." makes me wonder if it's a feel good story. That's what I thought of as I read your post and feel good stories are always nice. So I will google him

Where are you from and who is your favorite actor?
I did mention Sheamus in the second part of my answer. You must have missed it. I am Canadian. Born in Chatham, Ontario but I've spent most of my life in London, Ontario.

I don't really have a favourite (that's how we spell it in Canada) actor really but I do like Johnny Depp and have seen most of his movies so I'll go with him but I do like lots of actors and actresses.

Lastly, the James Ellesworth story is pretty cool. I think you'll like it.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:34 AM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
I did mention Sheamus in the second part of my answer. You must have missed it. I am Canadian. Born in Chatham, Ontario but I've spent most of my life in London, Ontario.

I don't really have a favourite (that's how we spell it in Canada) actor really but I do like Johnny Depp and have seen most of his movies so I'll go with him but I do like lots of actors and actresses.

Lastly, the James Ellesworth story is pretty cool. I think you'll like it.
Sorry, I didn't see that second part of your post I have no idea where Ontario is but of course I have heard of it. Do you have a favorite vacation spot in Canada?

Depp is good. My dad thought he was French for awhile lol You have given us one of the greatest voices ever and I'm talking about no other than Sarah McLachlan. Thank you Canada and Ben says thank you too

I do look forward to checking James' story out.
So, what's your fave vacation spot in your home country and what's your favorite film genre?
Old 05-03-2017, 03:49 AM   #9
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't see that second part of your post I have no idea where Ontario is but of course I have heard of it. Do you have a favorite vacation spot in Canada?

Depp is good. My dad thought he was French for awhile lol You have given us one of the greatest voices ever and I'm talking about no other than Sarah McLachlan. Thank you Canada and Ben says thank you too

I do look forward to checking James' story out.
So, what's your fave vacation spot in your home country and what's your favorite film genre?
Sarah McLachan is definitely a great talent. My brother's first dance with his now ex-wife was to her.

Favourite film genre is easy...horror. I love all types of horror movies. To me, it's the only genre where a movie can be so bad it's good. And there are A LOT of them.

My wife and I don't do a lot of travelling unless it's to see a concert but I do have a favourite vacation. I like to pack up my blu-ray player with a whole bunch of movies and rent a hotel room for the weekend and just be alone and watch a whole lot of movies. It may sound weird but I love it. My wife loves it to because she's got the house all to herself to do whatever she wants.

To give you an idea where Ontario is, we have borders with the US in Michigan as well as New York. I'm sure there's more but those are the two I'm most familiar with. A long way from where you are.

Last edited by Hitman Horton; 05-03-2017 at 03:51 AM. Reason: forgot something.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:03 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

I won't quote you since every reply in here will be to you so you know who I'm talking to

Do you happen to know what song it was. I've got like four or five of her albums but I'm only familiar with like four of her songs but they're great ones. Obviously you guys gave us Celine but I'm even less familiar with her songs. My doppelganger is Canadian hehe

That is funny about that vacation because there was some back and forth going on about watching movies on vacation and well... I'm assuming you don't know the thread but it got pretty heated I think!

I've only been to BC when I was younger. I lived in Washington state from about 6 to 10 years old I think. We took the ferry over and I think we went to both Victoria and Vancouver but I'm not sure. I wanted to take a trip up there back in '14 but never did. Just absolutely amazing mountain scenery. I'd love to go to Montreal someday and I can picture where Ontario is and it's about where I would have guessed.

Regarding horror, I might have been expecting you to say that simply because it seems like a popular genre from hardcore movie lovers. I'm actually not into them much or at least not into the gore films. Some supernatural stuff I could probably handle but something like Eli Roth films, I'd probably be better off not seeing. Jump scares get me good. Most of the time, you can see them coming from a mile away. It doesn't matter, they **** me up! lol I have perfected the art of head up and eyes down so that people can't tell I'm afraid of actually watching the screen when I'm expecting a scare Even if I see a horror film trailer on a Blu Ray at home, I may mute the trailer or simply skip it. It's often the sound too that gets me!

So this is your thread and I have talked a lot. I hope you don't mind and I'm assuming you don't

Do you like tennis by chance? I ask because 1) I love it myself and 2) Canada has two big tournaments there in the summer.

Do you have pictures of your collection and do you plan to post any pictures, of anything, in this thread? Maybe we'll see some of your pets or something.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #11
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

This was the song they danced to.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (05-05-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #12
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

I absolutely don't mind at all if you talk a lot. Feel free. I think the thing that I like about horror films is that there's many different kinds. I love a good, gory one but psychological horror is just as good and I love the ones that are really intense like the original Paranormal Activity.

I'm not aware of the thread about movies and vacation but I can imagine how heated it got. Things can get crazy around here.

Not really a big fan of tennis but I used to watch it a little bit.

Lastly, don't expect to see pictures of my collection on here. I'm not planning on doing that. I'd be more than happy to post a picture at some point of our cat though. His name is Jasper. He had a sister that we had to let go last year. I'd be more than happy to tell you all about them at a later time. I think that covers everything.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:49 AM   #13
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

I'd like to see Jasper. I'm sorry about his sister though. I don't have any pets myself.

Angel is a great song. Such a wonderful voice.

I do like the horror films where the tension builds and there is a tense atmosphere. I also dig some of those religious thrillers since I don't know a lot about religion, they can kind of talk about stuff and I won't know if it's true or not. I have never seen the original Omen but I did see the remake and I quite liked it. I have it on DVD but I've never watched it for the reason that I didn't want to watch it by myself

How did you come up with your username?
Old 05-05-2017, 05:16 AM   #14
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
I'd like to see Jasper. I'm sorry about his sister though. I don't have any pets myself.

Angel is a great song. Such a wonderful voice.

I do like the horror films where the tension builds and there is a tense atmosphere. I also dig some of those religious thrillers since I don't know a lot about religion, they can kind of talk about stuff and I won't know if it's true or not. I have never seen the original Omen but I did see the remake and I quite liked it. I have it on DVD but I've never watched it for the reason that I didn't want to watch it by myself

How did you come up with your username?
I have a great picture to post and I'm pretty sure I know where it is. I'm hoping to post it this weekend. It's got a fun story attached to it and I love telling stories.

My user name is pretty easy. Hitman I stole from a wrestler and I like it because I play the drums. Not in a band or anything. I just play for myself with no rock star aspirations. Horton is my last name.

Thanks for all the questions. Next, ask me if I've ever met any of my heroes!!! Trust me they're really cool stories.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 07:37 AM   #15
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Music is really important to me. It's always there for me and it always has been. I love a great song lyric and I took the lyrics to four songs and printed them out and hung them in my rec room. The songs were:

I Am (I'm Me) by Twisted Sister
This Is Who You Are by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Believe In You by Amanda Marshall
I Love You by Saigon Kick

These songs mean a great deal to me and are key ingredients to a couple of stories I'd like to share for those that are interested. Up first will be a story about This Is Who You Are by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It will be up later this week. Stay tuned.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #16
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

The wrestler must have been Bret Hart! The Horton made me think of Horton Hears A Who which I've never seen before and know nothing about.

Look forward to checking out your pic and hearing this first story. I don't know any of those songs but I have heard of Twisted Sister thanks to Sarah Jessica Parker lol I'm sure I've heard of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I've heard of one of those Orchestras before.

do you have any favorite drummers?
Old 05-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #17
Special Member

Dec 2015
Valkenvania

What was the first film you've ever seen a woman puking in?
Old 05-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #18
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck Horris View Post
What was the first film you've ever seen a woman puking in?
I honestly have no idea. Not something I really pay all that much attention to. The only thing like that I remember off the top of my head is Fast Times At Ridgemont High when Stacy gags and runs out of the morgue in the hospital. The only reason I remember that is because I've seen the movie so many times I can recite the dialogue.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:46 AM   #19
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
The wrestler must have been Bret Hart! The Horton made me think of Horton Hears A Who which I've never seen before and know nothing about.

Look forward to checking out your pic and hearing this first story. I don't know any of those songs but I have heard of Twisted Sister thanks to Sarah Jessica Parker lol I'm sure I've heard of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I've heard of one of those Orchestras before.

do you have any favorite drummers?
I somehow missed this post. Favourite drummers. I love Tommy Lee from Motley Crue. He puts so much energy into his playing and so much showmanship. I also like Sheila E. She's really talented. She's much more than one of Prince's ex-girlfriends. Kenny Aronoff who's played with everybody is really great as well. Neil Peart from Rush is another. I saw Rush here in London and the crowd was pathetic. They sat for most of the show. The only time they stood was for Neil's drum solo. Watching Peter Criss from Kiss play is the reason I wanted to play so he's got to go in there somewhere as well. There's many that I like but those are a few of my favourites.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:02 AM   #20
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Paul O'Neill was the leader of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and he wrote the song This Is Who You Are. Tragically Paul died suddenly a short time ago. Here's my story.

My wife and I were going to Windsor to see TSO and I was very excited for two reasons. This would be the first time I heard This Is Who You Are live and also, there was a good chance that Paul O'Neill would be there. Could I actually get to meet him. During the show he came out and played so I knew he was there. I got even more excited. After every show, TSO comes out into the lobby and you can meet the whole band and get autographs. Paul is usually busy and doesn't attend these but maybe he would this time. We got in line and the band came out...no Paul O'Neill. That's okay. As we were about to meet the bind my wife said, "Look it's Paul O'Neill." There he was coming out to sit at a table and meet his fans. My whole body started to shake. We met the band and got in line to meet Paul. Not even my wife knew of the promise that I had made to thank the songwriters of my favourite songs if I ever got the chance. It was my turn. I went up to him, sitting on the table and said, "I'd like to thank you for writing This Is Who You Are." He said "Goosebumps. You just gave me goosebumps." He went on to say that my thanks meant more to him than money, fame and any of that other stuff that goes along with being in a popular band. I explained that my childhood wasn't the greatest and that his words helped me to realize that it's the good times AND the bad times that shape us into the person we become. By this point I have tears running down my cheeks and he never said a word. He just stood up and hugged me. A real hug. We took a picture and he signed my book and then we started to leave until he said, "Wait. Come back here." He took my book and above where he had signed his name he wrote "So Time slowly time brings revelation." Amazing. That's the first two line of This Is Who You Are written in his hand writing and dedicated to me. As we were walking away my wife just said, " I guess I don't need to ask if you had a good night." That was a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet one of the people who wrote one of my favourite songs...or was it. Would I ever get a chance to meet somebody else. Stay tuned.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (05-11-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages