Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
20 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99
 
Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
 
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
 
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.95
 
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27
 
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30
 
Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #21
Pieter V Pieter V is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Pieter V's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Netherlands
1
14
Default



https://www.amazon.ca/Girl-Spiders-W...2741411&sr=8-1
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
badboi (11-21-2018), birdztudio (11-21-2018), DADDYCOOL187 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 02:19 AM   #22
WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW is offline
Special Member
 
Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Dropped 68% this weekend. Won't make $20M domestically. Need to see this before its gone by thanksgivng.
wow, thanks for the heads up, I ran out to see it today (turns out that starting tomorrow it gets only 11:30PM or midnight showings locally and on not quite as good a screen to boot), hadn't realized it was doing that badly

i kinda liked this version the best (comparing to original Swedish TV and Hollywood part 1 which had seemed even more explicitly gruesome than this and something about this one had a nice mood and flow and Claire Foy did quite a good job) although I feel like it strayed a little more from the books, although I don't remember the book details for this one super well, but that maybe also made it a touch more fresh as well

Last edited by WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW; 11-21-2018 at 02:24 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #23
Quint van der Vaart Quint van der Vaart is offline
Senior Member
 
Quint van der Vaart's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
The Netherlands
Default

Looks like Sony is planning a release for February 05th 2019, no word yet if it gets the 4K treatment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:48 PM   #24
Lion Lion is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2007
6
2
United Kingdom Uk

Zoom pre-order:

www.zoom.co.uk/product/the_girl_in_the_spiders_web_4k_ultra_hd_blu_ray_uh d
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
foxborough (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 04:51 PM   #25
SethRex SethRex is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
SethRex's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
81
618
6
18
633
1
6
117
Default

Looking forward to seeing it again at some point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #26
foxborough foxborough is online now
Active Member
 
Apr 2016
Leeds, United Kingdom
53
Default

Zavvi steelbook and standard release pre-order in the UK too

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-gi.../11958908.html

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-gi.../11958906.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #27
rewak rewak is offline
Special Member
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
79
634
3
Default

US and Canada releases have disappeared so it looks like this is another cancelled release
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #28
gregmtl92 gregmtl92 is offline
Special Member
 
gregmtl92's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
Montreal
94
94
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
US and Canada releases have disappeared so it looks like this is another cancelled release
It's always disappointing when they cancel a UHD release. Hopefully we still get The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #29
rewak rewak is offline
Special Member
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
79
634
3
Default

I'm holding hope we might still see it in the UK since Zavvi have a steel book exclusive, but I doubt it'll happen. Same thing happened with Flatliners. Shame too, say what you want about the movie but you can't deny it had beautiful cinematography, and being filmed in 6.5K with a 4K DI it would have looked amazing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #30
tcripe tcripe is offline
Expert Member
 
tcripe's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Seattle
Default

This movie was ass. No where close to as good as finchers version.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:53 AM   #31
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
273
1848
146
19
69
Default

Bummer, I probably would have got it. Will likely wait to get the BD for cheap like with Upgrade. Just hard to spend $20 or more on a modern movie BD in the UHD era.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:16 AM   #32
brainofj72 brainofj72 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
brainofj72's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Colorado, USA
208
1183
748
62
1
63
Default

This is the kind of movie I will probably never watch at all if it doesn’t come out on 4K Blu. I hate it when these cancellations happen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:17 AM   #33
blackwidowavenger1964 blackwidowavenger1964 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
blackwidowavenger1964's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters
94
634
204
459
51
8
14
Default

This was most likely cancelled due to the poor ratings in theaters. As a huge GWTDT fan myself, I absolutely loathed this movie. While yes, it would look amazing in 4K UHD, it is a rather lifeless movie. It is a complete waste of time on Sony's part to release a 4K UHD for a movie that will not sell. Aside from us here on the website, the casual buyer who passed on this in theater will probably pass on it for home video.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:44 AM   #34
Agent Kay Agent Kay is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Agent Kay's Avatar
 
May 2018
57
57
Default

You could always import the UK disc...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #35
StarkRomanoff StarkRomanoff is offline
Power Member
 
StarkRomanoff's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
SoCal
75
394
73
1
6
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidowavenger1964 View Post
This was most likely cancelled due to the poor ratings in theaters. As a huge GWTDT fan myself, I absolutely loathed this movie. While yes, it would look amazing in 4K UHD, it is a rather lifeless movie. It is a complete waste of time on Sony's part to release a 4K UHD for a movie that will not sell. Aside from us here on the website, the casual buyer who passed on this in theater will probably pass on it for home video.
I feel the same as you (though I wouldn't use the word "loathe.") Being a fan of all previous movies and the books, I didn't love this film and knew within the first 10 minutes I wouldn't want to watch it again except maybe in the background. If you knew the characters and story beforehand, you could tell this movie did not understand them at all.

But I do want this franchise to thrive in the film/TV space. I want this to get a 4K release in the hopes that it sells kinda like Annihilation, not well but people were blind buying it because it was cheap and available. Mostly I don't want this bad movie to signal the end of cinematic attempts just because this team screwed it up. I think the books allow a lot of opportunities for other countries to have their hand in an adaptation and I'd love to see how, say, Canada or France approaches the material.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:22 PM   #36
blackwidowavenger1964 blackwidowavenger1964 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
blackwidowavenger1964's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters
94
634
204
459
51
8
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkRomanoff View Post
I feel the same as you (though I wouldn't use the word "loathe.") Being a fan of all previous movies and the books, I didn't love this film and knew within the first 10 minutes I wouldn't want to watch it again except maybe in the background. If you knew the characters and story beforehand, you could tell this movie did not understand them at all.

But I do want this franchise to thrive in the film/TV space. I want this to get a 4K release in the hopes that it sells kinda like Annihilation, not well but people were blind buying it because it was cheap and available. Mostly I don't want this bad movie to signal the end of cinematic attempts just because this team screwed it up. I think the books allow a lot of opportunities for other countries to have their hand in an adaptation and I'd love to see how, say, Canada or France approaches the material.
As far as I am concerned, they killed any hope of this franchise already. I get that they couldn't make the second film due to Daniel Craig and his Bond movie but they waited so long and that literally was the only reason. What movies has Daniel Craig been in recently since Bond? Not many if at all because he has gotten greedy now. We all have to make money though but if Sony had thrown money down and got the ball rolling when Daniel made the offer before Bond, the movie would of been made and series continued but oh well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:16 PM   #37
newtonp01 newtonp01 is online now
Active Member
 
Jun 2016
270
1145
Default

Reading the Sony email hacks with Rooney Mara practically begging Amy Pascal for a sequel is incredibly frustrating. The original in 4K (plus Panic Room!!!) better not be cancelled after this flop...but it's looking like there's a high chance it will.

Side note, I'm really not sure how Sony expected this movie to not flop. Halved budget, different director and stars, and virtually no promotion? It almost feels like they couldn't even send a bigger f*** you to Fincher (and to fans) if they tried.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:12 PM   #38
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
273
1848
146
19
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonp01 View Post
Reading the Sony email hacks with Rooney Mara practically begging Amy Pascal for a sequel is incredibly frustrating. The original in 4K (plus Panic Room!!!) better not be cancelled after this flop...but it's looking like there's a high chance it will.

Side note, I'm really not sure how Sony expected this movie to not flop. Halved budget, different director and stars, and virtually no promotion? It almost feels like they couldn't even send a bigger f*** you to Fincher (and to fans) if they tried.
Movies that don't make money aren't really valued or given sequels. That's not surprising, and if you ran a business you'd make similar decisions or you'd be fired by your board. Of course Mara begged for another, for career reasons, and yes it's a bummer the Fincher movie disappointed at the box office, but it is what it is. The people vote with their dollars and those votes carry weight. Not Sony's fault.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:12 AM   #39
BluProofie BluProofie is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
BluProofie's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
New York City
34
640
102
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Movies that don't make money aren't really valued or given sequels. That's not surprising, and if you ran a business you'd make similar decisions or you'd be fired by your board. Of course Mara begged for another, for career reasons, and yes it's a bummer the Fincher movie disappointed at the box office, but it is what it is. The people vote with their dollars and those votes carry weight. Not Sony's fault.
She didn’t really beg for career reasons. Obviously that must have been part of it, but her email was very sweet and sincere. You could tell she just really loves the character and was protective over it.

And if Sony was that money hungry, they never should’ve greenlit this. It was always going to be a flop. Based off a dull book written by a hack who is not the original series author.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
StingingVelvet (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 01:16 AM   #40
newtonp01 newtonp01 is online now
Active Member
 
Jun 2016
270
1145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Movies that don't make money aren't really valued or given sequels. That's not surprising, and if you ran a business you'd make similar decisions or you'd be fired by your board. Of course Mara begged for another, for career reasons, and yes it's a bummer the Fincher movie disappointed at the box office, but it is what it is. The people vote with their dollars and those votes carry weight. Not Sony's fault.
According to BoxOfficeMojo Fincher's film made $232M off a $90M budget, which isn't that much of a flop. It's not a huge hit by any means but it's nowhere near the flop of the sequel. If Sony felt like the first one underperformed then why make this movie in the first place?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:52 PM.