Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
20 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.95

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 11-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
Netherlands

https://www.amazon.ca/Girl-Spiders-W...2741411&sr=8-1
Thanks given by:
badboi (11-21-2018), birdztudio (11-21-2018), DADDYCOOL187 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 02:19 AM   #22
Special Member

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Dropped 68% this weekend. Won't make $20M domestically. Need to see this before its gone by thanksgivng.
wow, thanks for the heads up, I ran out to see it today (turns out that starting tomorrow it gets only 11:30PM or midnight showings locally and on not quite as good a screen to boot), hadn't realized it was doing that badly

i kinda liked this version the best (comparing to original Swedish TV and Hollywood part 1 which had seemed even more explicitly gruesome than this and something about this one had a nice mood and flow and Claire Foy did quite a good job) although I feel like it strayed a little more from the books, although I don't remember the book details for this one super well, but that maybe also made it a touch more fresh as well

Last edited by WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW; 11-21-2018 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #23

Jul 2007
The Netherlands

Looks like Sony is planning a release for February 05th 2019, no word yet if it gets the 4K treatment.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:48 PM   #24

Aug 2007
United Kingdom Uk

Zoom pre-order:

www.zoom.co.uk/product/the_girl_in_the_spiders_web_4k_ultra_hd_blu_ray_uh d
Thanks given by:
foxborough (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 04:51 PM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

Looking forward to seeing it again at some point.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #26

Apr 2016
Leeds, United Kingdom

Zavvi steelbook and standard release pre-order in the UK too

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-gi.../11958908.html

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-gi.../11958906.html
Old 12-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #27
Special Member

Jun 2012
UK

US and Canada releases have disappeared so it looks like this is another cancelled release
Old 12-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #28
Special Member

Aug 2014
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
US and Canada releases have disappeared so it looks like this is another cancelled release
It's always disappointing when they cancel a UHD release. Hopefully we still get The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo..
Old 12-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #29
Special Member

Jun 2012
UK

I'm holding hope we might still see it in the UK since Zavvi have a steel book exclusive, but I doubt it'll happen. Same thing happened with Flatliners. Shame too, say what you want about the movie but you can't deny it had beautiful cinematography, and being filmed in 6.5K with a 4K DI it would have looked amazing.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #30
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Seattle

This movie was ass. No where close to as good as finchers version.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:53 AM   #31
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Bummer, I probably would have got it. Will likely wait to get the BD for cheap like with Upgrade. Just hard to spend $20 or more on a modern movie BD in the UHD era.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:16 AM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Colorado, USA

This is the kind of movie I will probably never watch at all if it doesn’t come out on 4K Blu. I hate it when these cancellations happen.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:17 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters

This was most likely cancelled due to the poor ratings in theaters. As a huge GWTDT fan myself, I absolutely loathed this movie. While yes, it would look amazing in 4K UHD, it is a rather lifeless movie. It is a complete waste of time on Sony's part to release a 4K UHD for a movie that will not sell. Aside from us here on the website, the casual buyer who passed on this in theater will probably pass on it for home video.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:44 AM   #34
Blu-ray Knight

May 2018

You could always import the UK disc...
Old 12-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #35
Power Member

Jul 2015
SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidowavenger1964 View Post
This was most likely cancelled due to the poor ratings in theaters. As a huge GWTDT fan myself, I absolutely loathed this movie. While yes, it would look amazing in 4K UHD, it is a rather lifeless movie. It is a complete waste of time on Sony's part to release a 4K UHD for a movie that will not sell. Aside from us here on the website, the casual buyer who passed on this in theater will probably pass on it for home video.
I feel the same as you (though I wouldn't use the word "loathe.") Being a fan of all previous movies and the books, I didn't love this film and knew within the first 10 minutes I wouldn't want to watch it again except maybe in the background. If you knew the characters and story beforehand, you could tell this movie did not understand them at all.

But I do want this franchise to thrive in the film/TV space. I want this to get a 4K release in the hopes that it sells kinda like Annihilation, not well but people were blind buying it because it was cheap and available. Mostly I don't want this bad movie to signal the end of cinematic attempts just because this team screwed it up. I think the books allow a lot of opportunities for other countries to have their hand in an adaptation and I'd love to see how, say, Canada or France approaches the material.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:22 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkRomanoff View Post
I feel the same as you (though I wouldn't use the word "loathe.") Being a fan of all previous movies and the books, I didn't love this film and knew within the first 10 minutes I wouldn't want to watch it again except maybe in the background. If you knew the characters and story beforehand, you could tell this movie did not understand them at all.

But I do want this franchise to thrive in the film/TV space. I want this to get a 4K release in the hopes that it sells kinda like Annihilation, not well but people were blind buying it because it was cheap and available. Mostly I don't want this bad movie to signal the end of cinematic attempts just because this team screwed it up. I think the books allow a lot of opportunities for other countries to have their hand in an adaptation and I'd love to see how, say, Canada or France approaches the material.
As far as I am concerned, they killed any hope of this franchise already. I get that they couldn't make the second film due to Daniel Craig and his Bond movie but they waited so long and that literally was the only reason. What movies has Daniel Craig been in recently since Bond? Not many if at all because he has gotten greedy now. We all have to make money though but if Sony had thrown money down and got the ball rolling when Daniel made the offer before Bond, the movie would of been made and series continued but oh well.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:16 PM   #37

Jun 2016

Reading the Sony email hacks with Rooney Mara practically begging Amy Pascal for a sequel is incredibly frustrating. The original in 4K (plus Panic Room!!!) better not be cancelled after this flop...but it's looking like there's a high chance it will.

Side note, I'm really not sure how Sony expected this movie to not flop. Halved budget, different director and stars, and virtually no promotion? It almost feels like they couldn't even send a bigger f*** you to Fincher (and to fans) if they tried.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:12 PM   #38
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonp01 View Post
Reading the Sony email hacks with Rooney Mara practically begging Amy Pascal for a sequel is incredibly frustrating. The original in 4K (plus Panic Room!!!) better not be cancelled after this flop...but it's looking like there's a high chance it will.

Side note, I'm really not sure how Sony expected this movie to not flop. Halved budget, different director and stars, and virtually no promotion? It almost feels like they couldn't even send a bigger f*** you to Fincher (and to fans) if they tried.
Movies that don't make money aren't really valued or given sequels. That's not surprising, and if you ran a business you'd make similar decisions or you'd be fired by your board. Of course Mara begged for another, for career reasons, and yes it's a bummer the Fincher movie disappointed at the box office, but it is what it is. The people vote with their dollars and those votes carry weight. Not Sony's fault.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:12 AM   #39
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Movies that don't make money aren't really valued or given sequels. That's not surprising, and if you ran a business you'd make similar decisions or you'd be fired by your board. Of course Mara begged for another, for career reasons, and yes it's a bummer the Fincher movie disappointed at the box office, but it is what it is. The people vote with their dollars and those votes carry weight. Not Sony's fault.
She didn’t really beg for career reasons. Obviously that must have been part of it, but her email was very sweet and sincere. You could tell she just really loves the character and was protective over it.

And if Sony was that money hungry, they never should’ve greenlit this. It was always going to be a flop. Based off a dull book written by a hack who is not the original series author.
Thanks given by:
StingingVelvet (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 01:16 AM   #40

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
According to BoxOfficeMojo Fincher's film made $232M off a $90M budget, which isn't that much of a flop. It's not a huge hit by any means but it's nowhere near the flop of the sequel. If Sony felt like the first one underperformed then why make this movie in the first place?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies