Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Aladdin 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.97
1 hr ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Wolf Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$56.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 07-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #1

Nov 2007
Default How do I show a game in my collection to be a digital copy?

Is there a way to indicate a game in my collection to be a digital copy rather than a physical version of the game?
Old 09-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #2

Sep 2018
SoCal

What system or where are you trying to show it?
Old 08-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #3

Aug 2019
Finland

I was wondering the same when I thought of start adding PS3 and 4 libraries into my collection, couldn't bother to get started for now as titles I have divide pretty much 50/50 between physical releases and PSN downloadables and I couldn't notice any obvious way to separate them in database - or maybe I was just wooden eye, that wouldn't be the first time...
Old 08-19-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by romppainen View Post
I was wondering the same when I thought of start adding PS3 and 4 libraries into my collection, couldn't bother to get started for now as titles I have divide pretty much 50/50 between physical releases and PSN downloadables and I couldn't notice any obvious way to separate them in database - or maybe I was just wooden eye, that wouldn't be the first time...
Perhaps you could create a custom category in your collection (such as "Digital Games") and move the games you own digitally into it. Then, they would be separated from the games you own physically.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:15 PM   #5

Aug 2019
Finland

I thought of that but actual problem lies much deeper: Many of the titles released for PS3/4 as digital only aren't currently in database at all or exist only for other platforms, and when thinking of adding them the question is which area-specific version to add as in PSN they are not separated by country but more like several geographical areas? I guess the database just haven't been built with this kind of usage in mind, the universal "digital download" flag could solve part of the issue but lead in inaccuracies with differing globalizations around the world, and adding titles blindly by putting them under f.ex UK entries and then placing them under one's own custom category would at least twist the stats and as a bonus someone else should fill in all the info missing from downloadables like covers and ISBNs which doesn't sound good at all. I guess there is no easy way around in current situation: This added to fact that every second title I tried to add into my physical releases cat doesn't currently exist here as UK/EU versions, leading to massive fill-in job lurking ahead, makes me consider of just dropping the whole idea completely at least for now; I don't have even rights to add masters or entries yet.

Last edited by romppainen; 08-19-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion