Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$30.25
8 hrs ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dracula Untold 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Hereditary (Blu-ray)
$4.99

John Wick 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.27
5 hrs ago
Byleth: The Demon of Incest (Blu-ray)
$19.89
3 hrs ago
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Patlabor the Mobile Police: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 09-15-2019, 04:34 AM   #14521
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
I CALLED the post office. I EXPLAINED in CLEAR DETAIL I wanted my Scream Factory release of Frankenstein Created Woman LEFT ON THE PORCH. I was given confirmation that MY WISHES WOULD BE FOLLOWED. I was IN MY APARTMENT since 1:30 in the afternoon. I get a NO SUITABLE LOCATION notification at 4:05 PM, DESPITE BEING IN MY APARTMENT THE WHOLE GODDAMN AFTERNOON.

well.....yeah. government workers.

you tell them what you want. they say, "ok". it's till ****ed up. no surprise, really (to me).
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #14522
Blu-ray Knight

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Great eye. They're the best coasters I've ever used. No drinks stick to them. Best part is, they were free. Makers sends me little Christmas gifts every year. The coasters were that gift one year.
Haha, I'm in the same club. The gifts used to be good back in the day but they've gotten chintzier in recent years. Funny though, I've gotten at least 4 years worth and I didn't get the coaster. They must like you for purchasing barrels at a time.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:36 AM   #14523
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

****er behind me on the way home kept hitting his brights. he'd turn them off when another car came towards us. and just as it passed, he'd turn them on again. my mirrors are auto-dimming...but it was still annoying as hell; and they really couldn't keep up with the constant bright...dim...bright...dim...bright...dim.

and as if that weren't bad enough...on the same road (speed limit 40 mph), i get behind someone going 25-30 mph. so now i'm driving even slower with ******* behind me with the bright/dim lights.

to those 2 idiots....**** BOTH OF Y'ALL!!! you're both dumb-****s who have no sense of rules of the road or other drivers with whom you share the road.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #14524
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2016

People tell me that I drive like an ******* because I'm aggressive, always speeding, changing lanes (I always use my signal though), etc.

They're not wrong. I have a fast car and I enjoy driving fast and hate getting stuck behind people.

I decided to do an experiment though. So for the last few days I've been driving slower, staying in my lane even when there's opportunities to pass people, just generally driving less aggressively.

You know what I noticed? Everyone else on the road does the same things I do. I have been getting cut off, people flying around me, still giving me the finger because I'm now 'going too slow'. So driving slower and being nicer doesn't pay off. Just keep driving fast and aggressively because it's what everyone seems to want.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #14525
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

Man, what a crappy time to be a Police Officer. That's one career I wouldn't want for any salary.

I've been on a Youtube freakout/meltdown video-watching binge and have watched countless videos of people violently resisting arrest, getting in cop's faces, spitting at them and just being general *******s and disrespecting. If you're being arrested, there's NOTHING you can do to avoid it. Flailing your arms like an idiot, resisting or going on an F-bomb tirade won't make the cop change his mind and let you go so why expend so much energy trying?

The problem is cops have gotten their balls cut off by local governments attempting to soften the image of cops as too tough and, of course, there's the fear of lawsuits from people who film encounters looking to score big paydays. Some of these jerks are so in-your-face they should also get hauled in for obstruction. I applauded like a madman when some ***** got pinched for cursing out a cop while filming someone being arrested and cursing the cops. When these *******s need a cop then they're calling 911 begging for one.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:36 PM   #14526
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
Man, what a crappy time to be a Police Officer. That's one career I wouldn't want for any salary.

I've been on a Youtube freakout/meltdown video-watching binge and have watched countless videos of people violently resisting arrest, getting in cop's faces, spitting at them and just being general *******s and disrespecting. If you're being arrested, there's NOTHING you can do to avoid it. Flailing your arms like an idiot, resisting or going on an F-bomb tirade won't make the cop change his mind and let you go so why expend so much energy trying?

The problem is cops have gotten their balls cut off by local governments attempting to soften the image of cops as too tough and, of course, there's the fear of lawsuits from people who film encounters looking to score big paydays. Some of these jerks are so in-your-face they should also get hauled in for obstruction. I applauded like a madman when some ***** got pinched for cursing out a cop while filming someone being arrested and cursing the cops. When these *******s need a cop then they're calling 911 begging for one.
There's a misconception that people have the right to resist an unlawful arrest, which only in one state they're allowed to do, but even then the officer would have to be proved to not making the arrest in good faith. Generally you're better off waiting and to go through legal means if you're unlawfully arrested and not any physical ones.

As to verbal abuse that's all covered under the First Amendment, officers may not like verbal abuse, but as long as the abusers are not interfering in the duties of the arresting officer, they've got no cause for action.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:08 AM   #14527
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

one misconception people have about being "arrested" is they think that if they're put in handcuffs, they're going to jail. and that's false, sometimes.

sometimes, the cop just needs to sort stuff out. and for his safety, he puts everyone in cuffs until it's all sorted out...especially if there are shots involved (even in self-defense situations).

when a cop gets on scene, they have no idea who did what to whom; just that somebody shot somebody else. they don't know how, they don't know why, they don't know anything...yet. so everyone gets put in cuffs (most times) until it's all sorted out. and sometimes, that means everyone takes a ride to the station. then, after all statements are given, the appropriate people are booked (hopefully) and the innocents are released. if you're not booked, you're (usually) not in the system so there's no record of you being "arrested".

so it's best to just cooperate with them until it's all sorted out. if you're innocent, just go with them.

BUT...your only statement should be your name and that you would like to speak with an attorney. never....EVER...make ANY statement to ANY cop until you have your attorney present. there have been more people talk themselves INTO jail than have talked themselves out.
Thanks given by:
Agent Bond (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #14528
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Quote:

Unfortunately, the mainstream media has been demonizing police officers since 2014 for ratings and website clicks, which has strained public trust. I've been pulled over plenty of times in my life and always complied with the officer whether I got a ticket or not. Zero problems.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #14529
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
Unfortunately, the mainstream media has been demonizing police officers since 2014 for ratings and website clicks, which has strained public trust. I've been pulled over plenty of times in my life and always complied with the officer whether I got a ticket or not. Zero problems.
it kills me when i watch videos of morons who post videos on youtube about how they were "targeted" by the cops for being pulled over "for no reason at all". then, they proceed to berate and cuss at the cops (or worse) all because they're innocent. well if you're innocent, then just do what they ask. i've been pulled over before because my truck looked like the one that a guy was driving when he robbed a bank. but when i stepped out, they knew it wasn't me since i was, in their words, "about 6" taller, had the wrong color hair, and being cooperative". hell, i've been pulled over a number of times, while actually speeding, and not given a ticket simply because i was respectful to the officer and owned up to being an idiot. it usually got me a, "please drive a little slower and be a bit more careful out there. i don't want to have to call your parents and give them bad news."

having 3 cops in the family has given me a lot of insight about how cops approach situations, what they look for (visual and audio clues), and how they react to you concerning how you talk to them. giving them a bunch of shit simply because you "didn't do nothing wrong" isn't the best way to go about interacting with a cop. yeah it's a pain in the ass and takes time out of your day...but unless you're curing cancer, you can afford a few minutes of your time.
Thanks given by:
Captain Flint (09-23-2019), Cinema84 (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 02:45 PM   #14530
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

YET ANOTHER Scream Factory postage delivery the GODDAMN LAZY-ASSED DRIVER won't put inside the doorway of my apartment complex, meaning I have to waste time picking it up at the post office tomorrow (20-min walk each way). Yet again I called the office and lodged a complaint, but will that change anything? Of course not.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:35 PM   #14531
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

Quote:
YET ANOTHER Scream Factory postage delivery the GODDAMN LAZY-ASSED DRIVER won't put inside the doorway of my apartment complex, meaning I have to waste time picking it up at the post office tomorrow (20-min walk each way). Yet again I called the office and lodged a complaint, but will that change anything? Of course not.
Try filling out the online form and emailing it to them - it might get you better results. It's as annoying as filling out actual paperwork but at least you're leaving a paper trail. Phone conversations are likely to be completely ignored
Old 09-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #14532
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Angry at myself for forgetting to turn my ringer on when I went to bed and sleeping through the alarm company calling on one of the beams being tripped. So I had to get up around 0300, call back and swing by to make sure the side lot was secure. Ended up moving a bunch of shit out of the way and securing our tents better, but all looked good. Fingers crossed, no speech from the boss.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:36 AM   #14533
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016

Quote:
I was visiting my sister's new apartment complex and helping her haul things.. and not sure if it was UPS/FedEx/USPS but someone just left a baby swing or something in the LOBBY.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:01 PM   #14534
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

supposed to be almost 100 this weekend

one week into autumn....and it's gonna be THAT hot

go home, summer...you're drunk with power

Old 09-24-2019, 04:17 PM   #14535
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
In the U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
supposed to be almost 100 this weekend

one week into autumn....and it's gonna be THAT hot

go home, summer...you're drunk with power

You live in the south and you're complaining of the heat?
Old 09-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #14536
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike16 View Post
You live in the south and you're complaining of the heat?
yes...yes i am

i don't remember it being THAT hot this late in the year. not saying it hasn't happened...i just don't remember it.

to be honest, it wouldn't be that bad if we'd just get some rain. it hasn't rained here (for more than 30 minutes at a time) in over 2 months. we've gotten small showers that lasted about 30 minutes; but it was only enough to make it more humid outside. we need a good, soaking rain. we need it to just rain good for about 2-3 days straight.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:38 PM   #14537
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Hey guys, if we stop eating meat and pay more taxes, we can change the weather!
Old 09-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #14538
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Yeah, not looking forward to those back and side loads once I get into work in a couple of hours sk33tr
Old 09-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #14539
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

The humidity in my area had been building beginning Saturday morning and peaked yesterday - definitely not normal for this time of year but not unheard of. It's supposed to remain in the low 80's for the foreseeable future. I'm more of a Fall/Spring guy so, needless to say I don't like it when it's muggy out if it's not supposed to be.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:01 PM   #14540
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
yes...yes i am

i don't remember it being THAT hot this late in the year. not saying it hasn't happened...i just don't remember it.

to be honest, it wouldn't be that bad if we'd just get some rain. it hasn't rained here (for more than 30 minutes at a time) in over 2 months. we've gotten small showers that lasted about 30 minutes; but it was only enough to make it more humid outside. we need a good, soaking rain. we need it to just rain good for about 2-3 days straight.
Carful what you wish for, we hadnt had rain in a while and last week it flooded the entire city. Took me almost 3 hours to pic up my daughter from daycare and bring her home...normally takes about 45 minutes... wife coudnt make it home from the way she took because the rain was a few feet high
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat