Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Aladdin (Blu-ray)
$18.00
6 hrs ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$30.25
18 hrs ago
Werewolf in a Girls' Dormitory (Blu-ray)
$23.49
6 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

John Wick / John Wick 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.27
14 hrs ago
Dracula Untold 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Hereditary (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Byleth: The Demon of Incest (Blu-ray)
$19.89
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 03-30-2019, 03:20 PM   #21
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
I'm 25 years old.

Attending University of Central Florida.

Bachelor's in Hospitality Management at the Rosen College campus.

Graduating Spring 2020.
39 years old
Attending New Mexico State University
Bachelor's in Family and Child Services at the Agricultural branch.
Thanks given by:
Himmel (03-30-2019), jayman3 (03-30-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 08:40 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Northern Virginia Community College start 2001 Summer (graduated HS May? 2001)
University of Virginia at Wise
George Mason University
Northern Kentucky University finish BA History 2018

Went off and on and moved around some
Old 03-30-2019, 10:00 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Maine

Went to Beal College in Maine. Their credits don't count and/or can't be transferred to other colleges. I never finished because kids...etc. then adulting. I'm 51 now, and I'd have to start from scratch again, but I'd like to say I have finished something besides high school in my lifetime. So it may be in my future, but not that college again unless they've changed the way their credits work.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (03-31-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 10:39 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop13 View Post
Went to Beal College in Maine. Their credits don't count and/or can't be transferred to other colleges. I never finished because kids...etc. then adulting. I'm 51 now, and I'd have to start from scratch again, but I'd like to say I have finished something besides high school in my lifetime. So it may be in my future, but not that college again unless they've changed the way their credits work.
Have you thought about online classes? though personally I rather have a real class but some I had had to do online though.
Thanks given by:
bipbop13 (03-31-2019)
Old 03-31-2019, 01:21 AM   #25
Power Member

Jun 2011
Little Chute, WI

Columbia College Chicago
BA Film and Video, Emphasis on Directing
Magna cum laude
Old 03-31-2019, 05:22 AM   #26
Expert Member

Oct 2016
Central California

Currently attending Southern New Hampshire University (online) for my B.A. in Communication.

I wasted a lot of time after high school (back in 2003) and couldn't focus on school or keep myself interested. Once I started working in warehouses and stuff, I didn't have time to attend class in person, so online was my only option.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:20 PM   #27
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2016
oHIo

Northwest State Community College:
  • Associates; Pre-Business Administration
  • Certificate; Real Estate Sales

Hondros Business College:
  • Certificate, Health Insurance Sales
  • Certificate, Life Insurance Sales

Franklin University:
  • Bachelor's; Financial Management (Summa Cum Laude)

Youngstown State University:
  • Masters of Business Administration
Thanks given by:
civiclx (04-03-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 02:04 AM   #28
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

jacksonville state university - was going for music education...never finished
itt technical institute - 2 associate degrees; web development and multimedia development (waste of money on both counts)
Old 09-14-2019, 12:51 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
jacksonville state university - was going for music education...never finished
itt technical institute - 2 associate degrees; web development and multimedia development (waste of money on both counts)
ITT was the one that closed, wasn't it? Also those degrees sound like they would be helpful in today's world so how were they a waste?
Old 09-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #30
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtempo View Post
ITT was the one that closed, wasn't it? Also those degrees sound like they would be helpful in today's world so how were they a waste?
yep, it was the one that was closed. but it was closed by the gov't.

the degrees i got seem like a good thing in name....but in name, only. the programs i was taught to use were already outdated when i graduated. i interviewed quite a number of times, while i was still going there, for companies that did web design work and multimedia stuff. but the programs and other things they used weren't taught at itt. so by the time i graduated, it was all pretty much obsolete. plus, they only taught you the very basic stuff and nothing too advanced.

i did an internship at a web design firm (one of the largest in birmingham and one of the best in the state) that was awesome. the people there were so nice, always cool, and very laid back. the owner was super cool, always in a great mood, and very supportive. there was a putting green on the roof, a decent game room (xbox, foosball table, pinball machine, etc.), and everyone had their own office....even me, as an intern, i had my own office. it was a great experience; but some of the stuff they did, there, was just far beyond what i was being taught. i learned a lot while i was there; but i couldn't just sit and ask questions of the 2 guys i worked with 'cause they were constantly on big projects and just didn't have the time. they wanted to, and tried as much as they could...but i also felt like a little kid trying to learn something for the very first time. so i just absorbed what i could and stayed until my time was up.

after i graduated, i couldn't find a job in either field to save my damn life. now, i've forgotten about 99% of what i "learned". i couldn't design or code a site even if i HAD to. and it sux 'cause i really liked doing it.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
yep, it was the one that was closed. but it was closed by the gov't.

the degrees i got seem like a good thing in name....but in name, only. the programs i was taught to use were already outdated when i graduated. i interviewed quite a number of times, while i was still going there, for companies that did web design work and multimedia stuff. but the programs and other things they used weren't taught at itt. so by the time i graduated, it was all pretty much obsolete. plus, they only taught you the very basic stuff and nothing too advanced.

i did an internship at a web design firm (one of the largest in birmingham and one of the best in the state) that was awesome. the people there were so nice, always cool, and very laid back. the owner was super cool, always in a great mood, and very supportive. there was a putting green on the roof, a decent game room (xbox, foosball table, pinball machine, etc.), and everyone had their own office....even me, as an intern, i had my own office. it was a great experience; but some of the stuff they did, there, was just far beyond what i was being taught. i learned a lot while i was there; but i couldn't just sit and ask questions of the 2 guys i worked with 'cause they were constantly on big projects and just didn't have the time. they wanted to, and tried as much as they could...but i also felt like a little kid trying to learn something for the very first time. so i just absorbed what i could and stayed until my time was up.

after i graduated, i couldn't find a job in either field to save my damn life. now, i've forgotten about 99% of what i "learned". i couldn't design or code a site even if i HAD to. and it sux 'cause i really liked doing it.
That really sucks I hope something better happens to you. Maybe you can one day get back to that as it seems to be your passion but I know all of it is hard. I have yet to use my History degree and the only thing that seems I can use it would be museums but then there a fairly a large number of us so getting a position would be rather hard even with the Smithsonian.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:32 AM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtempo View Post
That really sucks I hope something better happens to you. Maybe you can one day get back to that as it seems to be your passion but I know all of it is hard. I have yet to use my History degree and the only thing that seems I can use it would be museums but then there a fairly a large number of us so getting a position would be rather hard even with the Smithsonian.
thanx

i spent so much time in restaurants and retail that both come easily, to me. my current job..i started as part time and went full time with a (semi) promotion and bump in pay in less than a year. i'm hoping for another within the next 3-5 years (next step would be a dept. supervisor).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat