Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Batman Beyond (Blu-ray)
$69.96

Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
5 hrs ago
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$10.39

The Wolf Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Paganini Horror (Blu-ray)
$23.49
20 hrs ago
The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Dracula: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Dunkirk 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
34 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 03-20-2014, 04:20 AM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
HBO's done pretty well... Obviously the big guns are current shows like True Blood and Game of Thrones, but they've been happy with their results. (Of course their syndication deals are slightly lighter than most broadcast shows.)

fitprod
Those are newer shows. Look at The Sopranos. That was probably the greatest show ever aired on HBO and they pull the plug on Blu-ray after releasing season 1 because sales didn't meet their expectations.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:10 AM   #22
Special Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisRibs View Post
Probably - a company that specializes in remastering/restoration mentioned restoration of 24 as going particularly well earlier this year. Anyone watching on Netflix can clearly see how much better seasons 6-8 look in HD than the previous years due to the way the film's been transferred, so hopefully this will improve the quality of the earlier years...
Where did you get this intel from? Is this also related to the X-Files being remastered for HD/Blu-Ray rumor? Either way, that makes me hopeful for Seasons 1 - 6 on Blu-Ray. Well, 1-5 really. 6 is so bad but I guess as a fan, I wouldn't mind having it. Quality wise, Seasons 1 -3 have a lot of noise. And unless my eyes deceive me, there might be some sharpening. But I don't mind the grain to be honest. But when compared, it does make it feel dated.

I also hope they fix the motion judder on the last episode of Season 3, when Chase was fighting in the class room before locking his wrist. Unless that's because of the way Netflix presented it, they best fix it. That is IF what you said is true (which I hope it is!)

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 03-20-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:21 AM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-C-Blue View Post
Where did you get this intel from? Is this also related to the X-Files being remastered for HD/Blu-Ray rumor? Either way, that makes me hopeful for Seasons 1 - 6 on Blu-Ray. Well, 1-5 really. 6 is so bad but I guess as a fan, I wouldn't mind having it.

I would argue the first 4 episodes of season 6 were mindblowingly good perhaps the shows best. The rest took a massive and sudden nosedive.

Season 3 was atrocious as well.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #24
Expert Member

May 2010
Germany

Illuminate Hollywood (HTV) has remastered the series. You can read it here:
http://illuminatehollywood.com/wp-co...ginal-film.pdf

Page 8:
Quote:
What kind of projects have you recently completed?
We’ve done a number of feature films, MOWs and TV series. Some programs were very complex, like the 24 TV series. This program had a lot of unique four-panel, multi-panel composite shots. We were able to find every single film element in these multi-panel shots, which would have thrown a monkey wrench into doing it manually. What iConform allowed us to accomplish would not have been possible using eye matching.
Looks like they did a good job on the X-Files HD Remaster. 24 was always in 16:9 so the biggest problem with X-Files is not relevant for 24.

But the biggest joke is on the same page:
Quote:
You also did Star Trek: The Next Generation season II?
We conformed 28 episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation. iConform worked extremely well for this project. There were a lot of single visual effects plates that we were able to find with our process. Star Trek also required us to do a lot of special effects reproduction. The client asked us to faithfully reproduce the flavor and style of the original special effects work without deviating from it.
We recreated all the visual effects under the supervision of the experts who had supervised the special effects during the original production of Star Trek.
Our understanding is that the clients and the fans are very pleased with the results.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013
-
-

Put this in the Wish List section!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #26
Banned

Jul 2011

I would be in if it was coming, but a complete series HD blu collection would be insanely expensive I fear. As for the fox connect re-releases, it's just new packaging to gear up for the miniseries as somebody said. If anyone's interested, they've finally released season 1 with the bonus features from the 2008 special edition set into the regular packaging, mass-available version. (DVD only though)
Old 03-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #27
Special Member

May 2009

Thanks a lot d514! That's GREAT NEWS. I'd be even more surprised if they remastered it for 4K. But even for a Blu-Ray release I'd be more than content with. Watching the series on Netflix was a nightmare, having to constantly refresh the video feed to get consistent "Super 1080p HD" quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbymonkeys View Post
I would argue the first 4 episodes of season 6 were mindblowingly good perhaps the shows best. The rest took a massive and sudden nosedive.

Season 3 was atrocious as well.
Those were the only episodes we really enjoyed so far ALTHOUGH it still gave a sense of "fatigue". At the 5th and 6th episode, we're actually debating if we should just watch the "Season 6 in 4 minutes featurette" from the Redemption DVD. And I say this as a huge fan of 24 as well as a viewer who loves to reminisce. Season 6 was a headache to watch on TV.

Season premieres (whether the first or four episodes of a Season) are always the most rich (in terms of writing and cinematic quality) because they have more time to develop on the planning stages as well in post-production. Episodes after that would lose touch of that effect, while occasional episodes would return to that root (Season 3 for example). TV production is hard because it's a fast paced environment compared to feature length films. They even admitted that it "caught up" to them during Season 6's run hence the mediocrity we witnessed for the rest of the season.

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 03-20-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #28
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycro View Post
I only have season 8 on Blu-ray, so I'd dive for a Complete Series set. Hopefully it would include the TV movie as well
The Extended Cut with all of the Best Buy Bonus Features as well!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #29
Banned

Feb 2014
QLD, Australia

Best thing about season 6 was Peter MacNicol. Loved how he went from being someone you thought was a right dick at the start to being practically the only supporting character with any integrity or decency.

Rest of it was mediocre.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:28 AM   #30
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Australia

Finally
Old 03-25-2014, 04:49 AM   #31
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC

I had the original DVD release of Season 1 and I "upgraded" to the Special Edition because of the additional Alternate Ending which was nowhere to be found on any of the Disks...
I was so pissed.
Hopefully, if this is truly being brought to Blu-Ray, they include all 3 Alternate Endings for real this time.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:54 AM   #32
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
I had the original DVD release of Season 1 and I "upgraded" to the Special Edition because of the additional Alternate Ending which was nowhere to be found on any of the Disks...
I was so pissed.
Hopefully, if this is truly being brought to Blu-Ray, they include all 3 Alternate Endings for real this time.
There are alternate endings?
Old 03-25-2014, 05:23 AM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

I would get these individually to watch the whole show before the new one, if they came out in time. I have season 1 on DVD but haven't watched past the first episode, but depending on when these are released, I would upgrade. If it takes a while, I might just start watching on Amazon and pick up on Blu-ray when I can.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 AM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

All the seasons would be a day 1 buy here
Old 03-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #35
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

So, basically, a Wish List thread...gotcha!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #36
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
So, basically, a Wish List thread...gotcha!
It's less of a WishList Thread than 1060's Batman Thread.
There is possible confirmation of a Blu-Ray release.

Why are you such a kill-joy?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #37
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
It's less of a WishList Thread than 1060's Batman Thread.
There is possible confirmation of a Blu-Ray release.

Why are you such a kill-joy?
For me, the thread was a kill joy, as there is nothing stating a possible complete series BD release. Just like the X-Files, it's being remastered for streaming and syndication purposes, it sounds like.
Thusly this thread becomes Wish List material.
If an announcement is made - Great! Until then I don't get excited. Not trying to be a "kill-joy", just being practical.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:50 AM   #38
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
For me, the thread was a kill joy, as there is nothing stating a possible complete series BD release. Just like the X-Files, it's being remastered for streaming and syndication purposes, it sounds like.
Thusly this thread becomes Wish List material.
If an announcement is made - Great! Until then I don't get excited. Not trying to be a "kill-joy", just being practical.
Did you see the Image in the OP?
It says 1-7 Digital HD, Blu-Ray AND DVD!
Old 03-26-2014, 03:58 AM   #39
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Did you see the Image in the OP?
It says 1-7 Digital HD, Blu-Ray AND DVD!
Of course I did, doesn't mean that the entire series, or any particular seasons, are being released on BD. I'll wait for an official announcement.
One would think that IF a BD release were coming, it would happen when the mini series airs this May. So that would mean an announcement is way overdue, which suggests(to me) that there won't be any BD release.
Again, I hope I'm wrong about that.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #40

Sep 2010

I only really care for Seasons 1-5, 6 can be used for drink coasters.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists