Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 hr ago
Ready or Not (Blu-ray)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Female Prisoner Scorpion: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.05
17 hrs ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Discovery of Witches (Blu-ray)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 08-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #601
Power Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Some awesome points are being brought up. Great conversation going on here. I'm sure that it will be helpful to people that are having a difficult time and actually want to make some changes.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 09:11 PM   #602
Power Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I stick with what I said but using the 100%, I'd say that someone is giving more.
I can see both points of view here. I would offer a slightly different point of view that could be a combination of both views. Sometimes, you need to give a little more in the relationship because your partner needs it. Sometimes, they put in a little more when you need it. In the end, it still adds up to 100 per cent being put into the relationship. It's a give and take. Each person gets to take a little extra sometimes and that's fine...as long as they're giving that little extra when it's needed.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:33 PM   #603
Banned

Mar 2011
Alaska

I can semi relate to the person saying they feel disadvantaged re: dating. Iím in a relationship but find it very hard to be social. Donít know if itís Asburgers or not, but in the end I can do it, I just have to put a huge amount of effort into it, something not everyone has to do.

I think we often stop trying to grow in those ways as we age but some of us have to because we never tried enough earlier in life. Itís like a real muscle. IF you donít use it you lose it.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #604
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Were some posts removed?
Old 08-27-2019, 06:14 PM   #605
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Were some posts removed?
You mean from today? Some member, I think Wander had posted but I never saw his post in this thread. The latest reply was the one from Falaskan.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #606
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

I just saw that there were some new posts today, but the latest one when I clicked on the thread was from the 22nd.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:42 AM   #607
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

I think you're right. I do know that I posted in the "doing now" thread and deleted the post and while the post was deleted, it still said that I was the last to post.

Where do you live again MJ? Have you started asking girls out yet? I would try and start getting out there more than you do now. I know how hard it can be because you probably anticipate being shot down but I would just give it a try. Like I said, even though you might find a few girls that say no, I would think you'll at least feel a little good about the fact that you're being bold and taking the first step in the right direction. We've seen your picture before and I think we were all surprised that you're a pretty normal looking guy. After the way you run yourself down, we probably expected you to be slightly hideous
Old 08-28-2019, 04:54 AM   #608
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

The best advice I can offer is to try and make small talk with girls who you work with. Just talk about something that is going on in the store or in the world today, nice and casual. That way you both will have likely something to say about the topic and there's no awkward silence or anything. A majority of conversations I have with female coworkers are regarding the job. A customer doing something stupid, coworkers being annoying, etc... something that we can both relate to. Start off small and work your way up.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #609
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Were some posts removed?
Something is definitely up with this thread. It says that another user poster after me last night but when you click, only my post is there. I refreshed and checked twice and it is still happening.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:49 PM   #610
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

I seem to have some weird thing with the app.

Anyway, just wondering but Why don't they ever seem to ask me. I wish some of them would ask me out for a change but that never happens. Anyway I'll never seem to understand them even if we manage to be friends.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #611
Power Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Something is definitely up with this thread. It says that another user poster after me last night but when you click, only my post is there. I refreshed and checked twice and it is still happening.
I posted something but then chose to delete it. When I deleted it, it said database error but did delete my post. Even though it was deleted, my name as the last poster remained. That's it.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:14 PM   #612
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

For people that find it hard to talk to girls (or anybody really) just remember one thing. They all piss and shit just like the rest of us. Don't put anybody on a pedestal. If somebody doesn't find you interesting it doesn't mean nobody will. There's plenty of people out there.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (09-03-2019), El Rey (09-09-2019), philzilla (09-01-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 02:18 AM   #613
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Well another one bites the dust. Less than a month after we met, it's already kaput. My insecurity and problem trusting people is crippling. I guess the only good thing is now I don't have to feel so guilty checking other girls out but still. We weren't a couple either so I've been single this whole time but we were acting like a couple but now I'm free I guess...
Old 09-14-2019, 02:46 AM   #614
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Don't put anybody on a pedestal.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (09-14-2019), El Rey (09-14-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 06:58 AM   #615

Mar 2018

I've signed up for probably about five dating websites, and it's amazing how most women don't respond.

Short message, medium message, long thoughtful message, an honest question about her interests, etc, usually gets zero response. It's unclear what, exactly, women are expecting you to say in the first place, considering the lack of response in the first place.

I've messaged a ton of women on dating websites, and very few resulted in any sort of response. Even fewer ever resulted in a conversation.

Dating websites need to be better. Mandatory responses would be nice. Lack of response makes the website unusable, and certainly doesn't encourage people to stay.

It's like joining an online game and all the people in the game are just standing there, not playing the game. Such a game would, of course, be unplayable.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-18-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #616
Special Member

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7q3 View Post
I've signed up for probably about five dating websites, and it's amazing how most women don't respond.

Short message, medium message, long thoughtful message, an honest question about her interests, etc, usually gets zero response. It's unclear what, exactly, women are expecting you to say in the first place, considering the lack of response in the first place.

I've messaged a ton of women on dating websites, and very few resulted in any sort of response. Even fewer ever resulted in a conversation.

Dating websites need to be better. Mandatory responses would be nice. Lack of response makes the website unusable, and certainly doesn't encourage people to stay.

It's like joining an online game and all the people in the game are just standing there, not playing the game. Such a game would, of course, be unplayable.
I think they most of those women are waiting for a mr. perfect guy that doesn't exist. You will see those same girls there for years looking. You are better off finding someone at church or something.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #617
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010

Women on those dating sites get bombarded with messages, including unsolicited dick pics. I don't think women are waiting for Mr. Right but trying to sort through hundreds or dozens of messages is daunting.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 03:45 PM   #618
Special Member

Jan 2013

I was going to bring that up to, most women are slammed with a ton of messages on them dating sites/apps. If you have no photo on your profile, you'll have less of a chance to receive any response. I remember my wife telling me she was bombarded with a few dick picks as well before she met me. Honestly, I am happy I don't have to go through the games of dating again. In three plus years we have yet to even argue or fight with each other. A complete turnaround from my ex who could incite a drag out argument over me going out and grabbing something for dinner.

For those virgins on here, I know your situations make it harder for any woman to show any interest, but I have a friend getting married (actually to my college g/f) and he was in his late 30's when they started dating, never had a g/f and obviously was a virgin. There ARE success stories out there. I myself wanted to ditch my V card early and did it at 15, was horrible... gave it another shot with another gal soon after... horrible... didnt try again until I was 19 lol. There ARE success stories out there, you just have to help yourself some too, sitting around oogling over unattainable starlets isnt helping your cause. You have to love yourself first, flaws and all.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (09-19-2019), Scarriere (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 06:56 PM   #619
Special Member

Oct 2006

ok, there are several women that I've seen there for a couple of years still with the online light on. I think those are the super picky ones. Thankfully I found a girl much better at my church.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:23 AM   #620
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman73 View Post
I was going to bring that up to, most women are slammed with a ton of messages on them dating sites/apps. If you have no photo on your profile, you'll have less of a chance to receive any response. I remember my wife telling me she was bombarded with a few dick picks as well before she met me. Honestly, I am happy I don't have to go through the games of dating again. In three plus years we have yet to even argue or fight with each other. A complete turnaround from my ex who could incite a drag out argument over me going out and grabbing something for dinner.

For those virgins on here, I know your situations make it harder for any woman to show any interest, but I have a friend getting married (actually to my college g/f) and he was in his late 30's when they started dating, never had a g/f and obviously was a virgin. There ARE success stories out there. I myself wanted to ditch my V card early and did it at 15, was horrible... gave it another shot with another gal soon after... horrible... didnt try again until I was 19 lol. There ARE success stories out there, you just have to help yourself some too, sitting around oogling over unattainable starlets isnt helping your cause. You have to love yourself first, flaws and all.
That's great zman. Good luck to your friend. I'm assuming he's a pretty normal guy?

I didn't lose mine until 19 which some people would say was old. I actually wanted to stop for some reason that first time (in her car) but she didn't want to lol I know I shouldn't think like this but I do wish I had tried a bit harder to sleep with more girls when I was younger. Maybe I've said this before but there have been times when I wish I had slept with fewer girls but lately, since I'm not getting any, I'm kicking myself for not taking more advantage of my good fortune when I was younger
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-22-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat