Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$30.25
9 hrs ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hereditary (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Dracula Untold 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.99

John Wick 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.27
6 hrs ago
Byleth: The Demon of Incest (Blu-ray)
$19.89
3 hrs ago
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

Old 08-08-2019, 01:49 AM   #181

Aug 2019
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsteam View Post
Limited edition Blu-rays (and VHS) for Raiga and Reigo will go up for pre-order tomorrow. They will be limited to 200 units each, and will be burned BD-R copies. If they can sale out before the August 25th release date though, they will bump up totals to 1000 and press the discs. So be sure to pre-order ASAP.
http://srscinema.com/home/?p=2057&fb...B_YwHNLq3uHRzQ
Thanks for this! I'm new to the site and had no idea this was a thing, but I was able to pre-order both now that they've increased the number to 1,000 apiece!

Also, fellow big tokusatsu fan, here. Is anyone else getting Tokusatsu GaGaGa next month? I pre-ordered the Amazon edition from...Amazon. If you haven't seen it yet, it's an almost perfect drama about tokusatsu fandom. There are a couple of fansub options available.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:18 AM   #182
Expert Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraddoRun View Post
Thanks for this! I'm new to the site and had no idea this was a thing, but I was able to pre-order both now that they've increased the number to 1,000 apiece!
Are either of these movies actually good as movies? They look super cheap and CG-laden, so I'm not getting a good Peter Tingle about them.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:48 AM   #183
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraddoRun View Post

Also, fellow big tokusatsu fan, here. Is anyone else getting Tokusatsu GaGaGa next month? I pre-ordered the Amazon edition from...Amazon. If you haven't seen it yet, it's an almost perfect drama about tokusatsu fandom. There are a couple of fansub options available.
I really want to see GaGaGa but my Sentai backlog is huge! Could you post a link to the edition you ordered please?

I like to encourage thread users to post links and artwork whenever possible.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:26 AM   #184

Aug 2019
Texas

I just caught up on reading this entire thread. So let me properly introduce my love for tokusatsu!

When I was a kid, I loved Godzilla movies and Marvel comic books. Becoming a teen, Power Rangers debuted in the States and I was a little bit old for it in my mind, but I did still love the Zord fights. Even so, I only watched the first season really. I got into anime a few years later, and the local anime shop I frequented got ahold of a copied Zyuranger VHS tape that they let my friends and I watch in the back room. It was unsubbed, but I enjoyed watching it. But I had pretty much moved on from Power Rangers, though a friend of mine stayed a fan for many years. I lost touch with that friend for quite a number of years when he moved away. But then he moved back to town around 2010, and we reconnected.

On a whim for his birthday, knowing he was still a Power Rangers fan, I had an idea to look up the Japanese version and see if I could buy it on eBay. I didn't realize that the series, that I learned was called Super Sentai, was still airing in Japan. I found a bootleg subbed DVD on eBay that had the 1st 5 episodes of Goseiger, and so I ordered that. As we watched it together, I really, REALLY enjoyed it, and that made me explore it deeper. Soon I ordered complete bootleg sets of Shinkenger and Go-Onger, and continued getting Goseiger as it was released. After watching them, I realized that the fansubs that were burned on those discs were available for free from the fansubbers. Since then, I've gone on to watch many more Sentai series, and have dabbled in other things like Metal heroes, Kamen Rider, Ultraman (which I had been aware of but hadn't watched much of previously), and of course Godzilla and Gamera and other things here and there like Garo, Zeiram, etc.

I still love me some kaiju movies, but there's something special about the henshin heroes. I've always loved the giant monsters and robots, but I find that the human element and spandex fighting is also very fun. It probably is a blend of my love for martial arts movies, my comic book fandom, and just an enjoyment of great characters and stories. I think the innocence of these hero stories just make it more purely heroic, more easily defined than the current state of adult stories that involve a lot of politics. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy great adult stories, too. But there's just a simple, carefree, and FUN something that Super Sentai has.

So here's some of the stuff I've watched beginning to end:

Super Sentai:

Choudenshi Bioman
Choujuu Sentai Liveman
Choujin Sentai Jetman
Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger
Gosei Sentai Dairanger
Denzi Sentai Megaranger
Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger
Mahou Sentai Magiranger
GoGo Sentai Boukenger
Juuken Sentai Gekiranger
Engine Sentai Go-Onger
Samurai Sentai Shinkenger
Tensou Sentai Goseiger
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
Hikounin Sentai Akibaranger (both seasons)
Zyuden Sentai Kyouryuuger (+ Korean sequel Brave)
Ressha Sentai ToQger

Kamen Rider:

Decade
Gaim (really, really good; written by the writer of the Godzilla anime trilogy!)

Other:

Zeiram 1 & 2
various Godzilla movies
other stuff I can't recall at the moment LOL
Tokusatsu GaGaGa (seriously, I can't recommend this one enough! It's only 7 episodes and it captures the heart of tokusatsu fans so perfectly. It's hilarious, endearing, and mostly realistic, unlike Akibaranger, which is also awesome)

Here's the link to that btw:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%88%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B5%E3%83%84%E3%82%AC%E3%8 2%AC%E3%82%AC-Blu-ray-BOX-%E5%B0%8F%E8%8A%9D%E9%A2%A8%E8%8A%B1/dp/B07QYLXCQR/

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have English subtitles. I watch a lot of fansubbed stuff but anything that releases domestically I try to buy (have all the SHOUT! Sentai sets released thus far, bought the Garos released but haven't yet watched most of them, etc.). And sometimes I'll spring for an unsubtitled Japanese set if I really love it. I bought all of Go-Onger on Blu-ray because it's my favorite Sentai series. And I loved GaGaGa enough to buy it as well.

And finally, what I'm watching now is part of the Toei Fushigi Comedy series: Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine. It's pretty great, and was apparently an inspiration for Sailor Moon. But unfortunately only 1 episode has been fansubbed so far. Still, I get the gist of what's happening even watching it unsubbed. I'm about 4 episodes away from finishing it, and then I plan to move on to Kakuranger.
Thanks given by:
Dragon Ranger (08-16-2019), Mikezilla3k (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #185
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2015
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Are either of these movies actually good as movies? They look super cheap and CG-laden, so I'm not getting a good Peter Tingle about them.
Reigo is alright, it gets a bit slow at times. It's a independent film and looks pretty low budget but it has its charm. I've only seen it in raw Japanese tho.
Raiga is more of a comedy. I don't recall liking it much. Better than Death Kappa, lesser than Guilala's Counterattack.
Thanks given by:
eastx (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #186
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Finally we have a release date, 29th October 2019

Thanks given by:
eastx (09-09-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 01:06 AM   #187

Aug 2019
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ranger View Post
Finally we have a release date, 29th October 2019

Just waiting for it to be available on Amazon...
Thanks given by:
Dragon Ranger (08-16-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 11:20 PM   #188
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Robert Axelrod, the voice of Lord Zedd and Finster from Power Rangers, has passed away. He was also known as Armadillomon and Wizardmon in the English dub of Digimon.

Source: https://withthewill.net/threads/2225...-and-Wizardmon
Thanks given by:
eastx (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #189
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Very sad news about Robert Axelrod, Lord Zedd was an iconic villain and his debut episodes are still some of the finest in the franchises hsitory.

Thanks given by:
eastx (09-09-2019)
Old 09-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #190
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2015
Alabama

The SRS Blu-rays for Reigo and Raiga begin shipping this week - and they just announced that they will be releasing the 2019 tokusatsu film 'Attack of the Giant Teacher' to Blu-ray next year.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...AFv_nq-ymi3dP4
Thanks given by:
BuraddoRun (09-23-2019), Dragon Ranger (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #191
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Having just watched the trailer I need to see Attack of the Giant Teacher!
Old 09-23-2019, 01:04 PM   #192
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

I think we should start calling Power Rangers the gateway drug.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:23 PM   #193
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
I think we should start calling Power Rangers the gateway drug.
Haha; not a bad description!
Old 10-03-2019, 02:32 PM   #194
Expert Member

Aug 2009

How is everyone liking Juspion? His hair is so goofy, but I like the hero and his friends. Great to see modern tokusatsu conventions showing up in a classic show like this too.
Thanks given by:
BuraddoRun (10-04-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 07:28 AM   #195
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
How is everyone liking Juspion? His hair is so goofy, but I like the hero and his friends. Great to see modern tokusatsu conventions showing up in a classic show like this too.
I need to buy that still, watched a few clips on YouTube. His hair is crazy; hmm now I am thinking about iconic hair in Tokusatsu. Can we make that a topic for this thread?
Old 10-04-2019, 07:38 AM   #196
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

So the other day I went back and watched the first two episodes of Dekaranger for the first time in a few years. What a great series; excellent cast; great design of the suits and Zords and some really good humour.

Thanks given by:
eastx (10-04-2019), Mikezilla3k (10-05-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #197
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Juspion was great. They tone down the wackiness considerably and tame the hair. I kind of missed it but it was replaced by a good darker tone, especially towards the end. Some fantastic villains pop up. Gilza takes the prize for "best" dressed off Juspion. Her look is fantastic! Gilmaza just can't follow it.
Thanks given by:
eastx (10-04-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 PM   #198
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ranger View Post
So the other day I went back and watched the first two episodes of Dekaranger for the first time in a few years. What a great series; excellent cast; great design of the suits and Zords and some really good humour.

[Show spoiler]
The first show that really got me into Super Sentai.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:14 AM   #199

Aug 2019
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikezilla3k View Post
The first show that really got me into Super Sentai.
I liked a lot about Dekaranger. It's not my favorite series, but I thought the characters were really great together. Dekarobo and the way "he" moved like a cop was neat. The episodic structure of the series was a nice change of pace, yet it still had an epic final episode with the main baddie. I don't love the suits, but they're fine. The music is enjoyable to this day. Honestly, this was a really great series all around!
Old 10-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #200
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

I haven't seen it yet, but I liked the PR version.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International