Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$30.25
8 hrs ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dracula Untold 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Hereditary (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Byleth: The Demon of Incest (Blu-ray)
$19.89
2 hrs ago
John Wick 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.27
4 hrs ago
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Patlabor the Mobile Police: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 03-30-2019, 01:29 AM   #21

Mar 2019

Yeah, I think you should move out.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:23 AM   #22
Special Member

Oct 2006

Who ya gonna call?
Thanks given by:
Chivaton (03-31-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #23
Power Member

Nov 2008
-
-
Send a message via ICQ to yellowcakeuf6

It's not the dead ones you should worry about...
Old 06-09-2019, 03:26 AM   #24
Special Member

Mar 2012

I will start out by saying I never claim to have seen a ghost. But one night my brother in law who was staying in my apartment screamed and woke us all up claiming he say someone walking down the hall and thought it was me and the cushion next to him went down and he was watching TV. So next day I mentioned to my downstairs neighbor can you believe my dopey brother in law was claiming he saw a ghost. Then my downstairs neighbor said well honestly before you moved in we heard footsteps from apartment before I moved in. The apartment was empty and prior tenant died in apartment. I can say it was strange because I experienced the TV turn on and off by itself but rationalized old TV and maybe remote was broken and my 3 year old told me the guy is the house is watching us and once in middle of the night I woke up and gas stove was on and again I assumed old stove somehow popped on.......so I guess I believe
Old 06-17-2019, 02:40 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014

Haven't had anything like this happen to me. But, wanted to say that the above story is creepy as he$$.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:25 PM   #26

Oct 2015

Of course not...no ghost in his right spirit could live with my wife!!
Old 08-06-2019, 08:41 PM   #27
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Some times I'll hear disembodied voices in my house. Nothing clear enough to make out what is said, but definitely audible like a muffled voice.

At night I would hear random kitchen cabinet doors shutting. This usually happens between 2-4am.

Of course, this could all be my imagination as I could never get physical proof of the paranormal activity that supposedly goes on at the house as I am either the only one awake or home alone.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:50 AM   #28

Aug 2019

There are times wherein I feel like someone's watching but I just ignore it. This is my own house so why do I need to be scared.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:13 AM   #29
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Some times I'll hear disembodied voices in my house. Nothing clear enough to make out what is said, but definitely audible like a muffled voice.

At night I would hear random kitchen cabinet doors shutting. This usually happens between 2-4am.

Of course, this could all be my imagination as I could never get physical proof of the paranormal activity that supposedly goes on at the house as I am either the only one awake or home alone.
Have you tried setting up a camera and letting it record throughout the night?
Old 08-07-2019, 06:36 AM   #30
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

When I was a kid, I would stay at my grandmother's house, which for some reason had a screen door instead of a regular door to her master bedroom.

One day I was on the couch watching television when I saw the screen door open all by itself. I got up and went in the room. There wasn't anybody in there. The windows were closed. The air conditioner was off.

I shrugged it off and went back to the couch. Minutes later, the screen door closed all by itself. I was spooked and never went back to my grandmother's house again.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #31
Special Member

Oct 2006

That is why you should never put a screen door inside your house. Don't people know this by now?
Old 08-07-2019, 02:47 PM   #32
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

There's a common thread to many of these ghost stories that I find curious: why do ghosts only appear at night? Are they drawn to darkness? Why? How can they even distinguish between AM or PM? If they're drawn only to darkness, does that mean they're evil spirits? I rarely hear anyone say they saw a ghost in the middle of the day.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:47 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
The Diamond Capital of North America™

The place one of my ex's and I bought quite a while ago, I used to feel a presence every now and then. Most of the time it was mild. Once in a blue moon it was pretty strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyshark91 View Post
Don't believe in ghosts. Demonic spirits, on the other hand....
I dated one of those. Talk about hell.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:25 AM   #34
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
There's a common thread to many of these ghost stories that I find curious: why do ghosts only appear at night? Are they drawn to darkness? Why? How can they even distinguish between AM or PM? If they're drawn only to darkness, does that mean they're evil spirits? I rarely hear anyone say they saw a ghost in the middle of the day.
Usually, the haunting-hour was between 00:00 to 01:00. But now, as many people go to bed later, the hour has moved to 03:00 - 04:00. This hour is also called the "Witching-hour.”

. And there is indeed a good reason for that. At that time, the human brain is most receptacle to hallucinations, and suggestion. ("Did you hear that!")

At night, the senses are more acute. Therefore, we can feel small changes in light, sound, temperature and pressure.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #35
Special Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

From a logical and scientific perspective, I don’t see how ghosts can exist. However, one experience about 13 years ago still puzzles me to this day.

My parents used to own an old detached cottage in Devon, the property being about 400-odd years old. My better half and I went to visit and stay with them for a night and we’d arrived about midday. We had been there not even 5 minutes and were chatting in the hallway when all four of us heard footsteps walking across the bedroom directly above our heads.

The ceilings in this cottage were ultra low, as in about a foot above your head and the bedroom above had wooden floorboards so these footsteps were easily heard and full-on. There was no mistaking what they were.

I went straight up to check the room but found nothing.

On returning downstairs my mum then decided to tell me that on the day of them moving in, she clearly heard footsteps walking up the stairs...what sounded like someone wearing Wellington boots.

There was more that happened during the night also which was even more bizarre that I won’t go into, but that experience still remains inexplicable.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2017
Knowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Usually, the haunting-hour was between 00:00 to 01:00. But now, as many people go to bed later, the hour has moved to 03:00 - 04:00. This hour is also called the "Witching-hour.”

. And there is indeed a good reason for that. At that time, the human brain is most receptacle to hallucinations, and suggestion. ("Did you hear that!")

At night, the senses are more acute. Therefore, we can feel small changes in light, sound, temperature and pressure.
This. And our brains get brainwashed by horror movies anyway thinking it's always something else.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:51 PM   #37
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

My wife and I moved into a brand new house that was built on a former plantation farm. Worked by Irish and African slaves 150 yrs ago. Anyway we started having weird experiences almost immediately. Got a freaked out call at work one morning. She was in the master bathroom getting ready when three different items on my side of the bathroom went flying. Not a domino effect either. This was followed by a kid giggling. We didn't have kids yet (or pets). Only tv was in the family room and it was off

Whatever was occurring was very friendly and fun. The weirdest for me personally was six years after that. We had kids at this point. We were watching tv at about 10pm. In the corner of my eye i saw a child half way hiding around the corner. He would peak around from the hallway, jump back, and then look again. We both saw it and were annoyed. I yelled “its a school night go to bed!” Happened again so i got up. Ten foot walk tops. Empty hallway. Their doors were shut and they were fast asleep. Lol

I still don't know what all that was. We have more stories like that from that house and we’re not gullible people. It was always lighthearted experiences tho. We moved out three years ago.

Last edited by West E; 08-18-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:55 AM   #38
Banned

Mar 2011
Alaska

Science can explain such phenomenon, but it doesn’t imply they’re ghosts. Science suggests we are not in the final dimension. So, like characters on a movie screen, a whole new world could exist all around us, and we wouldn’t know. As a side note, my personal opinion is that “ufos/lights in the sky” are evidence of this, which is similar to how we would appear to a one dimensional being (if it was sentient).

The lowdown is, maybe passing on is the only way to pass into said higher dimension(s)? Maybe your grandma is still there. Or someone is just messing with you.

Last edited by Falaskan; 08-20-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Thanks given by:
Himmel (08-19-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 03:08 AM   #39

Jun 2011
Wisconsin

Its not haunted, because I keep a Bible inside my home.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:46 AM   #40

Feb 2017

Oh, for sure my grandmother's house was totally haunted. I personally have seen one along with my cousin one time. All of my relatives have had some kind of experience in that house. So, were talking multiple witnesses corroborating what has happened over many years. Day, night, it didn't matter.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat