Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Ready or Not (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Female Prisoner Scorpion: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.05
16 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Discovery of Witches (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Holiday (Blu-ray)
$29.39
16 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 09-14-2019, 07:56 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Default My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I know this isn't likely to be a popular choice on these forums, but I, for one, would love to see this show finally get released on Blu-ray. I wonder if since it's currently in its final season, Shout! Factory might consider a complete series box set next year for its 10th anniversary.
Thanks given by:
Nailwraps (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #2

May 2008
michigan

I'm adding a plus one to your suggestion for MLP:FIM on Blu. I think this series was very well done and cannot figure out why Hasbro sticks to dvd for the series. The Equestria Girls films are available but it ain't enough.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDilke View Post
I know this isn't likely to be a popular choice on these forums, but I, for one, would love to see this show finally get released on Blu-ray. I wonder if since it's currently in its final season, Shout! Factory might consider a complete series box set next year for its 10th anniversary.
You're not the only one; I also see Shout! doing something for FiM's 10th anniversary even if it will be a DVD set containing all 9 seasons (and the movie if Lionsgate is willing to play ball).

I think because it's a kid's show, DVD is top priority for this show it feels like and since they don't think Blu-rays of the show will sell. But yes, Blu-ray releases containing new extras (especially with Lauren Faust for the first season) would be fantastic and a perfect way to celebrate the 10th anniversary.

They should do with how the handled the season sets on DVD; make them exclusive for Amazon (and if they turn out to be big sellers, start selling them through regular stores).
Old 09-18-2019, 08:54 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
You're not the only one; I also see Shout! doing something for FiM's 10th anniversary even if it will be a DVD set containing all 9 seasons (and the movie if Lionsgate is willing to play ball).

I think because it's a kid's show, DVD is top priority for this show it feels like and since they don't think Blu-rays of the show will sell. But yes, Blu-ray releases containing new extras (especially with Lauren Faust for the first season) would be fantastic and a perfect way to celebrate the 10th anniversary.

They should do with how the handled the season sets on DVD; make them exclusive for Amazon (and if they turn out to be big sellers, start selling them through regular stores).
I think I remember Shout! were asked about Blu-ray releases in 2013, either before or after the first Equestria Girls was released, and they said that they had no plans for them since they didn't think animation/cartoons would sell on Blu-ray unless it was Disney. But a lot has changed in six years, and the output of animated shows both old and new on Blu-ray has grown considerably, even Shout! themselves contributed with their release of Gravity Falls. So I still keep hope that a Blu-ray for Friendship is Magic (and the remainder of Equestria Girls since they stopped after Legend of Everfree) will happen eventually. New extras would be a great bonus too. I wouldn't expect to see any deleted scenes but I would like to see some behind-the-scenes features and some new audio commentaries as there's a number of episodes that I think really deserve them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists