Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.47

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.88

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
20 hrs ago
Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.33

Kylie Minogue: Aphrodite Les Folies - Live in London (Blu-ray)
$23.88

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Ready Player One 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.49

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.64

The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.56

Happy Feet Two 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.94

Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 05-28-2019, 03:39 PM   #41
Special Member

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post

It appears that Paramount in no longer releasing 3D blu-rays, according to a post I read in another thread. Somebody asked Paramount in an email about an upcoming title in 3D and they confirmed that they are no longer releasing 3D blu-rays. This seems to be true as Bumblebee has no 3D blu-ray release anywhere worldwide.

For this reason I no longer support buying discs from Paramount. People should have a choice. Sometimes I prefer UHD and sometimes I prefer 3D. It depends on the technical merits of each presentation. But to drop an active format that people are still supporting? Do they think everyone has just thrown away their 3D TVs? My 2016 3D TV isn't going anywhere for a long time hopefully.

I will continue to support the studios that give us a choice. Disney is getting close to being on my black list too, but at least they are still releasing 3D in the UK. I'm sure nobody cares an iota, but I cannot support a company that thinks so little of their customers as to kill a format they know many are still using and supporting. They clearly have an agenda to kill 3D and push UHD. The harder they push, the more people will push back. I feel dirty even supporting UHD as much as I do, considering their treatment of 3D.

The funny thing is, when the studios were supporting 3D/4k combos for a brief period last year, I was a big supporter of it,a nd bought several. There have been several titles lately that I have wanted both 3D and 4k, but unless I import a France 3D/4k combo, I would have to buy both separate US releases. Instead, I buy 3D and skip UHD, when I'd pay more for the combo if they game me the choice to.

Now it looks like Paramount isn't even giving me the option of buying 3D at all.

Aquaman just got a US 3D release from Warner (Thank you!!). Yet it's the only format without the IMAX ratio!! WHY?!?

And why does France continue to get 3D/4k combos and not the US? I'm sick of this UHD agenda in the US. It's about to start saving me a lot of money because I'm going to buying a lot less discs if this is how it's going to continue. Which is a shame because I have shelves and shelves of discs from DVD to blu-ray to 3D to UHD, box sets and special editions from all regions, and it would be nice to continue supporting the studios. But they don't seem to care one bit about the consumer.

Yet they continue to sell DVDs. When was the last time you saw a standard definition TV in a retail store?
Physical discs sales are dropping in general but DVD Discs still outsells Blu-ray
DVD format still accounts for 57.9 percent of disc media sales

This is why retailers are still selling Films/TV releases on DVD Discs

Digital revenue makes more money than physical discs format
https://www.techspot.com/news/79636-...ining-dvd.html

Last edited by paulboland; 05-28-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:43 PM   #42
Special Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank169 View Post
If studios like Paramount would outsource their 3D films at least to independent labels like Twilight Time or the like.

I'm sure 3,000 limited 3D Blu-ray copies would sell out pretty quickly, but at least interested consumers like us would have a legal buying option.
I'm not for that at all. I skipped JPN Ralph 2 b/c I'm not paying $60 for a single title, legal or not.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
I'm not for that at all. I skipped JPN Ralph 2 b/c I'm not paying $60 for a single title, legal or not.
But TT titles are only $30, sometimes cheaper with the yearly sales.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #44
Special Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBonnet View Post
But TT titles are only $30, sometimes cheaper with the yearly sales.
But who knows what they would charge for a 3D specialty version.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009

Quote:
Maybe the same they have charged in the past?
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (05-28-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 01:46 PM   #46
Special Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
You know that they, TT, have released several 3d titles already. Just haven't been offered the option to release any newer 3d titles

I still don't understand many companies offering 3d titles, but only overseas and not in the U.S.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:51 PM   #47

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post

It appears that Paramount in no longer releasing 3D blu-rays, according to a post I read in another thread. Somebody asked Paramount in an email about an upcoming title in 3D and they confirmed that they are no longer releasing 3D blu-rays. This seems to be true as Bumblebee has no 3D blu-ray release anywhere worldwide.

For this reason I no longer support buying discs from Paramount. People should have a choice. Sometimes I prefer UHD and sometimes I prefer 3D. It depends on the technical merits of each presentation. But to drop an active format that people are still supporting? Do they think everyone has just thrown away their 3D TVs? My 2016 3D TV isn't going anywhere for a long time hopefully.

I will continue to support the studios that give us a choice. Disney is getting close to being on my black list too, but at least they are still releasing 3D in the UK. I'm sure nobody cares an iota, but I cannot support a company that thinks so little of their customers as to kill a format they know many are still using and supporting. They clearly have an agenda to kill 3D and push UHD. The harder they push, the more people will push back. I feel dirty even supporting UHD as much as I do, considering their treatment of 3D.

The funny thing is, when the studios were supporting 3D/4k combos for a brief period last year, I was a big supporter of it,a nd bought several. There have been several titles lately that I have wanted both 3D and 4k, but unless I import a France 3D/4k combo, I would have to buy both separate US releases. Instead, I buy 3D and skip UHD, when I'd pay more for the combo if they game me the choice to.

Now it looks like Paramount isn't even giving me the option of buying 3D at all.

Aquaman just got a US 3D release from Warner (Thank you!!). Yet it's the only format without the IMAX ratio!! WHY?!?

And why does France continue to get 3D/4k combos and not the US? I'm sick of this UHD agenda in the US. It's about to start saving me a lot of money because I'm going to buying a lot less discs if this is how it's going to continue. Which is a shame because I have shelves and shelves of discs from DVD to blu-ray to 3D to UHD, box sets and special editions from all regions, and it would be nice to continue supporting the studios. But they don't seem to care one bit about the consumer.

Yet they continue to sell DVDs. When was the last time you saw a standard definition TV in a retail store?
yea ur pretty much stuck in a cycle; not supporting domestic 3d releases means the eventual death of domestic 3d releases, and when ur forced to import 3d from france, it boosts their sales and makes them releases more 3d in france...
Old 07-19-2019, 07:44 PM   #48

Aug 2009
England

Are Paramount ditching 3D conversions for theatrical release too? No mention of 3D for Top Gun: Maverick or Terminator: Dark Fate
Old 07-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #49
Special Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyrockard View Post
Are Paramount ditching 3D conversions for theatrical release too? No mention of 3D for Top Gun: Maverick or Terminator: Dark Fate
Poster for Dark Fate makes no mention of 3D.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #50
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
Physical discs sales are dropping in general but DVD Discs still outsells Blu-ray
DVD format still accounts for 57.9 percent of disc media sales

This is why retailers are still selling Films/TV releases on DVD Discs

Digital revenue makes more money than physical discs format
https://www.techspot.com/news/79636-...ining-dvd.html
In my opinion, thatís a awful source.

Also, in my opinion you canít throw in subscription services. If you do that, you might as well count cable and satellite. Itís a nonsense.

The truth of the matter is that digital HD is already showing signs of peaking and that is not a good sign so early in its life. The growth has been underwhelming considering digital HD is available on so many different devices.

Subscription is the true success story, but even then thatís because of its cheap Ďall you can eatí service, things will change when four or five big hitters start pulling content (by 2020)

Disc is nowhere near dead, nowhere near.

3D is a different matter. It saddens me but at least I have the films in my collection to enjoy time and time again.
Thanks given by:
revgen (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 10:50 PM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Subscription is the true success story, but even then thatís because of its cheap Ďall you can eatí service, things will change when four or five big hitters start pulling content (by 2020)

Very good point.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (07-25-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 01:24 AM   #52

Jul 2019

Why should they even release 3d movies in theaters anymore? If I liked the movie, I would definitely buy what I saw in the theaters.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:49 AM   #53
Special Member

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
In my opinion, that’s a awful source.

Also, in my opinion you can’t throw in subscription services. If you do that, you might as well count cable and satellite. It’s a nonsense.

The truth of the matter is that digital HD is already showing signs of peaking and that is not a good sign so early in its life. The growth has been underwhelming considering digital HD is available on so many different devices.

Subscription is the true success story, but even then that’s because of its cheap ‘all you can eat’ service, things will change when four or five big hitters start pulling content (by 2020)

3D is a different matter. It saddens me but at least I have the films in my collection to enjoy time and time again.
MPAA is the source
Motion Picture Association of America
Published March 2019 for year ending 2018

I never said physical media disc is dead
Sales of physical media discs are dropping each year but still will be around for years to come but will continue to drop in sales
Nearly 50% drop in sales of physical media discs compared to 5 years ago

What has changed is how films and music is watched/listened with digital streaming/On Demand services big increase been used instead in regards to home entertainment
This also covers Cable TV and Satellite services

Read the report if you have spare time it covers all aspects of entertainment industry Cinema/Home Entertainment
https://www.mpaa.org/wp-content/uplo...eport-2018.pdf

Last edited by paulboland; 07-26-2019 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:32 AM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Slightly off topic, but Target and Walmart have reduced their movie areas.

Physical media is under pressure pretty much everywhere you look.

Best Buy still has a decent selection, but nothing like they used to have.

All of this makes me glad that I bought DVD, BD, 3D, and even 4K liberally.

I'm not getting put over a barrel by Media Giants fighting Content Wars.

Redeemed all my codes thru MoviesAnywhere & VUDU, which are mine to keep.

By the time Physical Media starts to dry up, I'll have everything I need and more.

It sucks, but all you can do is get prepared...
Old 07-26-2019, 11:17 AM   #55
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
MPAA is the source
Motion Picture Association of America
Published March 2019 for year ending 2018

I never said physical media disc is dead
Sales of physical media discs are dropping each year but still will be around for years to come but will continue to drop in sales
Nearly 50% drop in sales of physical media discs compared to 5 years ago

What has changed is how films and music is watched/listened with digital streaming/On Demand services big increase been used instead in regards to home entertainment
This also covers Cable TV and Satellite services

Read the report if you have spare time it covers all aspects of entertainment industry Cinema/Home Entertainment
https://www.mpaa.org/wp-content/uplo...eport-2018.pdf
I know all this, what Iím saying is subscription streaming shouldnít be thrown in the pit alongside Digital HD when comparing disc sales. Remove subscription and the Digital HD numbers paint a worrying picture for ownership.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #56
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@Chicago View Post
Slightly off topic, but Target and Walmart have reduced their movie areas.

Physical media is under pressure pretty much everywhere you look.

Best Buy still has a decent selection, but nothing like they used to have.

All of this makes me glad that I bought DVD, BD, 3D, and even 4K liberally.

I'm not getting put over a barrel by Media Giants fighting Content Wars.

Redeemed all my codes thru MoviesAnywhere & VUDU, which are mine to keep.

By the time Physical Media starts to dry up, I'll have everything I need and more.

It sucks, but all you can do is get prepared...
Yours to keep? Are you a part time comedian?

Your attitude is a odd one imo. Why bother collecting if they can get replaced by another format? You could say that about DVD, Blu-ray, 4K, Digital HD. It’s all about the quality. Disc is fine, I read a story about dwindling shelf space every year since 2007. People can order discs with a single button press now, Amazon, Amazon, Amazon.

Disc sales are down of course but that’s because we are moving away from ownership for the masses. This will severely limit Digital HD growth also. I think it’s growth will peak in 2021.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:34 PM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Quote:
Yours to keep? Are you a part time comedian?

Your attitude is a odd one imo. Why bother collecting if they can get replaced by another format? You could say that about DVD, Blu-ray, 4K, Digital HD. Itís all about the quality. Disc is fine, I read a story about dwindling shelf space every year since 2007. People can order discs with a single button press now, Amazon, Amazon, Amazon.

Please enlighten me, what do I own that isn't mine?

I gather from your posts that you own media, but you tell me 'why bother'.

I'm confused about what exactly you're advocating (if anything).
Old 07-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Washington State

It's the fact that digital copies are never truly "yours to keep", but are at best a long-term lease that can be arbitrarily terminated due to various business factors like bankruptcy of the platform owner.

If Movies Anywhere / VUDU / etc. shut down you're basically SOL, but physical media isn't susceptible to that kind of issue.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 08:11 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenge View Post
It's the fact that digital copies are never truly "yours to keep", but are at best a long-term lease that can be arbitrarily terminated due to various business factors like bankruptcy of the platform owner.

If Movies Anywhere / VUDU / etc. shut down you're basically SOL, but physical media isn't susceptible to that kind of issue.

Ok, but every code I have/used came with a disc so...

I view all the digital stuff as an extra/bonus to be used for convenience.

With Ultraviolet, they announced the shutdown and encouraged users to link elsewhere.

There may be some legal issues involved, they didn't just shutdown with no transition.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #60
Special Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@Chicago View Post
Ok, but every code I have/used came with a disc so...

I view all the digital stuff as an extra/bonus to be used for convenience.

With Ultraviolet, they announced the shutdown and encouraged users to link elsewhere.

There may be some legal issues involved, they didn't just shutdown with no transition.
Myself I have only one title I "Paid for". Actually I used Amazon rewards for not taking two day shipping for that one. It was a title that I wanted that has for some reason never been on DVD or Blu-ray. I also have a few others that were Rewards (Sony movie buff) that I don't have discs for. I have about five hundreds which came as coupons with Blu-rays I purchased.

Except for the few I mentioned that I don't have discs for, I have only watched a few while flying on trips. Having to download them to my smartphone first rather then streaming.

Note that a few titles may have been lost from my Library with the shutdown of UltraViolet. I am not sure yet but they are ones that were not available on Movieanywhere, notably TV series. Also foreign Blu-rays and titles registered to Flixster (europe).

Last edited by Tns49; 07-29-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion